Western Buddha

what is the best way to let go of revenge?

25 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Sorry, I didn’t explain it properly. It takes two to tango, meaning that when two people don’t get along both are to blame. The biggest problem is that these two people shouldn’t have put themselves into that position. If you don’t get along with someone either fix it or walk away from it. So that means that you’re partly to blame because you were around that person and opened yourself up to get hurt. Nobody needs to be hated, bad people get punished because everyone will walk away from them and they’ll lose the benefits of having good people like you around. :)

Don’t be hard on yourself though, we’ve all done it. Learn from it and don’t do it again. Watch out for signs that could lead to being hurt. Usually, when someone doesn’t like you or you interfere with what they want, you’re opening yourself up to get hurt.

If you have more questions, just let me know :)

i mean i dont really know this person. he  have hurt me just one (real bad) and i didnt see him since than, he lives in another country

You still need to learn how to protect yourself. Ask yourself what can you do differently to make sure that nobody does wrong to you again. If you know a way and want to go through it, you can “punish” the person in a civilised way, that’s why we have legal system. If it’s not that serious, you can try to let go by realising that you exposed yourself and by making sure that it won’t happen to you again and maybe even help others to avoid being hurt.

I have an opinion on everything :D

21 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

You still need to learn how to protect yourself. Ask yourself what can you do differently to make sure that nobody does wrong to you again. If you know a way and want to go through it, you can “punish” the person in a civilised way, that’s why we have legal system. If it’s not that serious, you can try to let go by realising that you exposed yourself and by making sure that it won’t happen to you again and maybe even help others to avoid being hurt.

what if its not an illegal isue? 

i think the police will do nothing.

9 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

what if its not an illegal isue? 

i think the police will do nothing.

Here:

32 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

If it’s not that serious, you can try to let go by realising that you exposed yourself and by making sure that it won’t happen to you again and maybe even help others to avoid being hurt.

I have an opinion on everything :D

It is near impossible to let go through thought alone. The emotion is capable of generating an infinite amount of varying thoughts, you can't keep up.

Take your conscious attention away from your thoughts and instead place it on to the emotion itself. Emotions want to run their course and leave, by engaging in thoughts you are keeping the negative emotion there. Don't try to change the emotion or do anything to it. Simply place your awareness on the emotion and experience it fully. Do not resist the emotion, and allow it to leave whenever it wants to. Surrender any attachment for it to be anything other than how it is. The emotion may momentarily get stronger at first when you try this but eventually it will run its course. 

Consciousness is key here. Increasing your level of awareness through meditation will certainly help you with this process. 

Give this a sincere go and see what happens.

---------------

Another angle to your problem is that you engage in such pettiness because you have not aligned yourself with you higher purpose in this area of your life. I have found for myself that my overarching purpose for social relationships is to spread love, joy, and peace. You'll have to do all the work necessary to find out what it is for you. 

When you know how it is that you truly want to engage with life reactions such as holding grudges or seeking revenge will seem petty and simple not worth engaging in. There are much more preferable ways of being.

Good luck.