Gadasaa

Question for Leo and others are welcome to respond.

24 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I know this, yet I don't want to dismiss the advice of how a 10 min quality sit in addition to 1h can increase the quality of the sit itself. 

That is why I am curious for e.g Shinzen gives the advice 10 minutes, Culadasa gives the advice a minimum of 45minutes or one hour more, similar to what you adviced or was somehow implicit. I am not projecting. 

I do understand that quality concentration, equanimity or sensory clarity plays a role. Or the quality of annica / impermanence. Jhanas etc. or samadhi experiences.

I was just curious about "loose averages" so I could adjust myself to the amount of meditation where people receive results which seems to be 90 minutes. 

I notice when I pratice in daily life that it becomes mechnical, a good trip could give me some insights, but the doors are closed for now. The meditation itself is not that mechnical even if they techniques are. The modality of the technique works fine, it is not to mechnical for me besides daily life, but I figure this is part of the process. 

What do you think is a good amount of time to meditate when you say 1h is usually not enough ? I feel 90 min sits and ocassionally longer on the weekend with retreats could work out. For e.g 2-3h sits on sunday and a minimum of 14 days a year of retreats, ideally some trips if feasible. 

I actually think that aside from the 1h - and do retreats advice,

also equally or more important is some sort of routine with non-dual study as well, and consistent practice during the day (enquiry, mindfulness, japa),

practicing loving/honesty (huge) (really confronts and heals, makes life easier as well, happiness),

and also prayer is good.

(Ideally a meditation sangha as well.)

Spiritual practise twice per day for 60-90mins is enough.

Work your way up to this starting with 5mins sun salutations + 5mins sitting meditation on cushion focus on breath and "i am", increase by 1 min every week first month, then 2 minutes every month. WIthin one year you will be much further than the guy who starts eagerly with 1 hour meditations for a month and then gives up because he thinks it's pointless, doesn't have the talent for it or shiny object syndrome.

Same time, every single day (sundays off). This is very important. Decide to do it at 7am/7pm every day and make it like clockwork. Or right after you wake up + before dinner. Or something like that. 

And not just meditation but other purification practises as well (this is where the western vipassana guys will mislead you, thinking meditation is all you need):

* asanas
* pranayama
* chanting
* mantra
* devotion
* psychedelics (not too often)

And study the masters.

The consitency is the most important thing. 

Things will start changing and shifting. 

Talk to everyone you know about this until they think you have gone mad because you will and it is part of it. 

Wacky-funny mad, not walking-around-naked-smirring-shit-on-the-wall-mad :)

Kriya Yoga or AYP is the most effective.

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

Focus on clearing your shadow and give yourself permission to be human as well. You have to know yourself before you can let it go. You're experiencing reality through the confines of a human body, don't forget that.