billiesimon

Are romantic relationships dead?

13 posts in this topic

I follow some dating and pickup coaches, and they keep saying that in the recent years relationships are dying and people just want to have casual sex and remain single and selfish. 

Especially in the pickup scene they keep saying that women don't want relationships anymore, because they're a burden and a nuisance for their fun single life. 

Is this a result of society transitioning to SD stage green? 

Why are we moving towards isolation and superficial sex if society is supposed to increase love and a sense of acceptance/community? 

Why are women becoming like the asshole stereotype who just wants sex? 

Share your insights. Especially girls :)

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

29 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

People stuck in a cycle of casual sex are actually at stage Orange. Stage Green would be actual relationships. 

Well, of course stage orange is shallow on sex, but from what I can see stage green ideologies tend to push women onto casual sex and open relationships, not intimate ones.

Nothing against that, if a woman wants to do it.

I'm just saying that it's killing the possibilities of connecting deeper with a partner.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

I don't think having sex causally can possibly satisfy a person mentally. It's even more true for girls. A big part of sex for me is about that intimacy and the feeling of belonging to one. 

Edited by Elham

Its because people keep falling into the trap that relationships will make them happy, this is the biggest trap in itself. Relationships are here to make us "conscious" not happy. As we become more intelligent as a species, we will start to become more conscious of these things and naturally feel the need to be more free-spirited, but avoiding relationships may not be the answer. Sometimes growing through them without getting attached will set you free!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Elham said:

I don't think having sex causally can possibly satisfy a person mentally. It's even more true for girls. A big part of sex for me is about that intimacy and the feeling of belonging to one. 

me too, ( as a men )

I don't find it meaningful at all. I want a deep connection and know everything about my gf. ( on a mind level )

want to know her past, her pain, and want to a have solid love and understanding, walk together, I just want someone not living in fear at all with me.

I think I got it with my gf, but I don't assume, it has only been 6 months from now.

I even wanted to know how it could feel to be penetrated and that hahaha ( I didn't try anything :P )

I just assumed from mind it should be a pleasurable as doing it for myself. ( EVEN MORE APPARENTLY )

And that is just for sex, cause I try aswell to see the world from a girl total girl perspective ( men turning around you, having period, etc etc.. )

I think this is important to do the work for everyone. ( girls should try to understand the competitiveness and engaging in knowing what is "masculinity" aswell ).

but that's just my view

Edited by Aeris

9 hours ago, see_on_see said:

The reality is there are far more women (and men too) wanting actual relationships than casual sex.

Yes I also think thats true. Pick up coaches are telling shit and want to sell their shit. Maybe on the short term that pick up teachings are good for experimenting and get in contact with more than one girl/man per year and explore the basic sexual needs and behaviour of the opposite sex, but I think on the long term most people truly want a long lasting intimate and honest relationship.

I think especially honesty is a quality everyone deep down knows is a important part of a healthy relationship. Sharing even the ugliest truth about oneself with the partner is a powerful way to really connect and a deep level. But what do I know, never had such a relationship.

I've seen no signs of this. Women tend to want relationships, not everybody of course, but it's the norm. Maybe you should stop following this crap. ? 

What gets promoted, advertised, and talked about on the internet, its not the same as reality.

12 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Pickup coaches that say that are liars and they do that to create a reality distortion field that allows them to sell their product more easily to the inexperienced and gullible stage Orange males that follow them. 

The reality is there are far more women (and men too) wanting actual relationships than casual sex. 

I find the above, what @see_on_see said, to be more common in reality.

The fact is, long-term relationship advice doesn't sell as well, so you wont see as much of it on the internet. If you are using the internet as your main source about relationships, you will get a very distorted view of reality. 

@billiesimon Notice your judgement there, people who want to remain single and still have sex are not necessarily selfish assholes. Stage Green sexuality is about free love. Old relationship constructs and dogmas are questioned, meaning that monogamy as the only valid form of relationships is questioned. People are experimenting more with different partners, polyamorous or open relationships and so on. Don't mistake this for being only about sex, it's actually about connecting with multiple people on various emotional levels. Now sure enough most people would respond with "It's not true love, if it's more than one partner". That exactly is the limited mindset. Falling in love with one partner who is perfect for you, who you can posess and who will fulfill all of your needs for all of your life is a stage blue/orange fantasy. I think we shouldn't look down on people experimenting and trying stuff out sexually, as long as they do it in a healthy way. Of course, if it's really only about sex, they might have problems opening themselves up emotionally. That too becomes a problem, which needs work. 

this style has nothing to do with any stages at all!! 

those courses are trying to present you a fixed perception about one subject so try no to fall into that trap. 

as a matter of fact, saying romantic relationship is dead or alive is just focusing on the limited cases but you should consider the world-wide cases, billion cases! 

but the thing is related to stages is that how freely you behave with the sex subject. do you label the girls who want a sex combined with love a nice girl? and a girl who just want to have sex an asshole? (it's all in your head!!)

remember, there's no need to be in love to be involved in sex, those who say that the partner should  firstly see your soul and be one with it in order  to have sex with you are the creepiest words that I've ever heard...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

5 hours ago, hamedsf said:

this style has nothing to do with any stages at all!! 

those courses are trying to present you a fixed perception about one subject so try no to fall into that trap. 

as a matter of fact, saying romantic relationship is dead or alive is just focusing on the limited cases but you should consider the world-wide cases, billion cases! 

but the thing is related to stages is that how freely you behave with the sex subject. do you label the girls who want a sex combined with love a nice girl? and a girl who just want to have sex an asshole? (it's all in your head!!)

remember, there's no need to be in love to be involved in sex, those who say that the partner should  firstly see your soul and be one with it in order  to have sex with you are the creepiest words that I've ever heard...

But the end is your view. Surface relation is something I don't like even with Friends.

I m quite romantic in my own way