Codrina

Unbalanced body

17 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I have been wondering what the difference between my right and left side is saying about on what to work. It is said that all people have a bigger side. Mine is the right. 

But is not only that. I have more teeth on my right side, my nose is leaning right as well. At the same time, my right side of the face is lower and my eye seems limp. 

I dislocated one  right toe when I was a teenager (didn't realize at the time, so it healed like that) and last year a bottle of juice exploded in my face, leaving a scar on my right jaw. 

My left side is smaller and my left face seems more jolly. At the same time, my left foot has worse blood flow (first varicose vein appeared in my teenage years) and I have something in my left boob for 5 years now, haven't checked what.

Even my hair right now. The left side is up in the air, while the right side is leaning to my scalp (I have short hair). And the bangs are leaning right.

Yesterday, on a 50 minutes meditation ( which I eventually turned to an hour because I was really enjoying it) I could feel something like energy from my right side going to my left. And then just like a lot of activity on my left side.

Opinions on where the unbalance is and what I should pay attention to?

It seems like you answered your own question already, but to confirm, your right side (masculine side, assuming you are right handed) is way more active than your left side.

Ok, I can see that. But why does it seem more dull - face? 

And if it is the case of masculinity being more active, how do I compensate? 

Take note that I have been dancing, drawing, painting, walking in nature all my life.

Clearly not enough ?

19 hours ago, Codrina said:

Ok, I can see that. But why does it seem more dull - face? 

And if it is the case of masculinity being more active, how do I compensate? 

Take note that I have been dancing, drawing, painting, walking in nature all my life.

Clearly not enough ?

Is your approach to dance, drawing, and painting very technical and talent/skill is a major focus?

I don't know. When I dance, I express the  music , the way I perceive it, through body, arms, legs.

When I paint, I just try to bring what I see to life. And sometimes it comes as I see it, other times,it will evolve into something different as I paint. 

In the end, dancing and creating always brought me joy

I have become incredibly more in touch with my body over the past 5ish years of my life. This is a subject I can talk a LOT about that I usually have to shut myself up about when talking to other people(their silence speaks volumes). Now's my chance :D. As far as the 'why' goes for your post. There are MANY reasons for imbalances in your physical form. One possibility is the activities you are engaging in. If you are doing any repetitive motions during the day you are most likely gaining muscle on one side of your body for a specific muscle group. Dancing isnt completely balanced exercise. Alot depends on your form of dance, which leg you are leading with, which arm is used more for asymmetric moves. I hope also have taken masturbation into consideration if thats something you do regularly. I spent many years using one arm and eventually switched because I noticed it was aiding in keeping my body bowed in a particular quadrant of my body rather than getting those kinks out. Lastly another thing to take notice of is something I dont have a name for but I've heard someone refer to as "neurotic holding patterns". Ways that your body retreats into itself when you are feeling negative emotions. Slouching, receding the chin inwards, positioning feet unevenly. These ways of holding your body become chronic and further contribute to muscle imbalance. These ones are hard to get rid of because they exist in conjunction with our past traumas. These holding patterns are tied to you like your identity is. The faces you make, the sounds you produce when speaking as well are a reflection of the mental state and can change when you become aware of the way your are preforming them. As aware as I am about all of these factors I still struggle to keep lasting change in the face of new experiences. My body wants to snap back into my old ways because its comfortable with them. 

Like I said I can talk about this for ages, so rather than write the equivalent of a book on these forums just ask me whatever particular concerns you may have. The best advice I can offer is to partake in yoga. It will make you more aware of all your imbalances and weaknesses in your body. You must pay very close attention to your body and movements and counteract them with the corresponding parallel movements to achieve symmetry. Why is all of this important? Some might say this is pure narcissism and preoccupation with physical appearance but its about balance. Life is a balancing act. A balanced body is a balanced mind and vice versa. Not only that but it will fix chronic pain you may be experiencing in certain parts of your body and prevent deterioration of your body in the long run. Yoga and tai-chi are the best things I can recommend for this. Also just conscious awareness of your body ALL through-out the day.  

Edited by RickyBalboa

2 hours ago, RickyBalboa said:

I have become incredibly more in touch with my body over the past 5ish years of my life. This is a subject I can talk a LOT about that I usually have to shut myself up about when talking to other people(their silence speaks volumes). Now's my chance :D. As far as the 'why' goes for your post. There are MANY reasons for imbalances in your physical form. One possibility is the activities you are engaging in. If you are doing any repetitive motions during the day you are most likely gaining muscle on one side of your body for a specific muscle group. Dancing isnt completely balanced exercise. Alot depends on your form of dance, which leg you are leading with, which arm is used more for asymmetric moves. I hope also have taken masturbation into consideration if thats something you do regularly. I spent many years using one arm and eventually switched because I noticed it was aiding in keeping my body bowed in a particular quadrant of my body rather than getting those kinks out. Lastly another thing to take notice of is something I dont have a name for but I've heard someone refer to as "neurotic holding patterns". Ways that your body retreats into itself when you are feeling negative emotions. Slouching, receding the chin inwards, positioning feet unevenly. These ways of holding your body become chronic and further contribute to muscle imbalance. These ones are hard to get rid of because they exist in conjunction with our past traumas. These holding patterns are tied to you like your identity is. The faces you make, the sounds you produce when speaking as well are a reflection of the mental state and can change when you become aware of the way your are preforming them. As aware as I am about all of these factors I still struggle to keep lasting change in the face of new experiences. My body wants to snap back into my old ways because its comfortable with them. 

Like I said I can talk about this for ages, so rather than write the equivalent of a book on these forums just ask me whatever particular concerns you may have. The best advice I can offer is to partake in yoga. It will make you more aware of all your imbalances and weaknesses in your body. You must pay very close attention to your body and movements and counteract them with the corresponding parallel movements to achieve symmetry. Why is all of this important? Some might say this is pure narcissism and preoccupation with physical appearance but its about balance. Life is a balancing act. A balanced body is a balanced mind and vice versa. Not only that but it will fix chronic pain you may be experiencing in certain parts of your body and prevent deterioration of your body in the long run. Yoga and tai-chi are the best things I can recommend for this. Also just conscious awareness of your body ALL through-out the day.  

Wow! Thank you. I really enjoyed reading your post.

I wonder if you could provide help for me with this problem from your research and experience:

Whenever I go to sleep, my front neck and jaws muscles tense up. I try to relax them but that doesn't work very well. I mean it's not a big problem I guess, but that wasn't the case for me two or three months ago. I wonder if there is a possibility for progression even more? Is that related to my job and my lifestyle? I use a computer (as part of my job) for about 4 hours a day and the phone for maybe even more. Also whenever I wake up, I feel the tension easing up but I notice a pain in my teeth resulting from the tension during sleep as the tension makes my teeth push against each other.

I appreciate any advice you could provide. Thank you.

Interesting post indeed. 

Most faces when you split them are not 100% symetrical, my nose is also slightly bend to right. An injury on right leg only makes sense since you (unconciously) put more weight on these joints receive more impact. One of my eyes is also slightly more opened than the other one and I've got a wisdom tooth on right and not left. 

On 31/07/2019 at 6:45 PM, Codrina said:

I have something in my left boob for 5 years now, haven't checked what.

Go get that checked ! 

On 31/07/2019 at 6:45 PM, Codrina said:

At the same time, my left foot has worse blood flow (first varicose

varicose veins can appear on single leg, that's very common. 

I think a lot of that comes down to coincidence or perhaps you just focus too much on the right sided imbalances, bet there is a lot of that on the left but you just don't pay attention to it. But at the same time it would seem that your left brain hemisphere of the cerebral cortex could be more active.  Would you say you are more logically/analytically minded ? 

Also, being dominantly right-handed could lead to some physiological adaptations over the time. 

>>Oh and ....that thing in your breast. Seriously go get that checked. Seriously !! 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Truth Addict I'll try my best to help but this work requires alot of self-reflection, mind-body feedback, and experimentation. I can't demo your body to see what all these things you are experiencing feel like from a first person perspective haha(would be cool though). Some of the variables I would try to explore are perhaps your sleeping position. Do you sleep on your side, stomach, back? Which way do you typically turn your head in any of these sleeping positions? Just try these different positions and try and relax while noticing where the tension arises. Also we cant rule out its perhaps related to some sort of stress your experiencing in your life atm. Feeling any particular emotional stress due to any recent changes? 

As far as the computer goes. My guess might be poor posture of sorts and general exclusion of the upholding of your neck and facial muscles. Is your screen lower than your head. Does your mouth sit agape as your working with a completely loose hanging jaw? I can say from experience that my jaw and frontal neck strength has increased by placing my monitor on a heap of books  so that my general line of sight is straight ahead or slightly upward to see my monitor. Imagine your monitor and the stand it sits on are its head/neck  and the bottom of the stand is its collarbone. Make it sit level with your collarbone as if you are face to face with another human being. If done right, you should be sitting with a straight spine and your jaw pointing slightly upward. This requires more work from all your muscles to uphold this posture(core, hip flexors, groin, chest, shoulders, back, neck, trapezius, jaw). It becomes tiring especially when you are first adapting to it, but if you are doing any regular exercise like yoga, gym, etc... You will be fine. Just stick with it. Move your chair closer to the ground or move your keyboard up. Do whatever you have to to create the image of a rod going from the top of your straight down into your head through the neck, chest and to the bottom of your pelvis. I personally put my screen a bit higher than what seems comfortable to really counteract the urge to just let the weight of my head come down and be just looking up with my eyeballs. You should look like you are gazing at a sunset far away. you will have to keep checking up on yourself to make sure you are not progressively starting to hunch forward to relieve those muscles of the work they are not used to putting in. If you find yourself leaning in to see smaller text then that's a problem with the magnification you have set on your computer or you have your screen to far from your face. The best thing you can aim for is the position you would meditate in (lotus). That's all I got in regards to positioning yourself when using your computer. Hope it helps :)

Edited by RickyBalboa

On 8/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, Michael569 said:

Go get that checked ! 

That's ok. It can only kill me. I do believe in healing from within. in the end, there is no such thing as solid matter. 

I also do not believe in coincidences. I am logically/analytically minded, but also impulsive. 

I can see the masculinity in me more than in other women. But at the same time, that's what kept me going. The ability to push in tough situations, to be able to hope and look for solutions in the worst. To keep going, not matter what. To question everything and draw my own conclusions. That is the masculine side of things, right? Ambition, resilience, rationality. 

I guess I am more masculine. Seeing that feminine energy is about being, acceptance and receiving. I didn't stop much in my way. I always went for something. Always a goal in sight, always striving for better. 

I guess this is what society pushes us to. Even this site. Don't be pleased with who you are now.Who you think you are is false. You need to work your ass off to find out who you are.  Strive for better. Improve. Do.  

So, looking now into masculine and feminine energies I found this. 

' When the masculine energy feels as if it is not good enough, when it is in fear, when it has been told it will never succeed, it is not worth anything, and it has no value, it is off balance. To compensate, the masculine energy may demonstrate a false strength. It kind of puffs itself up and says, “I have these great ideas and these big dreams; I want to lead and create this. I know what I’m doing. Follow me.” 

If you would in your mind draw a straight line and then make an angled line moving off of that first line. (See the diagram at right.) The masculine energy leads; “Come with me. I know. I have this great dream. I am going to build this wonderful house for you in Toronto, Canada.” And the feminine energy says, “Oh, this is so wonderful. I also want a big house in Toronto.” The masculine and feminine start out together at the first point of the line and the masculine goes forth and the feminine, because feminine has curves and swirls, begins to create. She selects new paint, new drapes, and designs the landscaping. She is thrilled and satisfied that she will get to create her nest.

The masculine continues forward and then his habits of fear and self-doubt pop up. The masculine hesitates and becomes afraid of failing. “I don’t know what to do. Because I am told that I am hopeless. I am not going to succeed. I am not worth anything,” and the masculine doubts his ability and stops moving forward on building the big house. So the masculine has built 80% of the new home. He has traveled 80% down that blue line then says, “No, I think we should move to a tropical climate and it will be much nicer and we can have a house on the beach in Hawaii. I know what is best. Follow me to Hawaii.” '

I can see his phenomena within me. I will have a big dream, follow it through 80%, then for one reason or another, I will change it and start from scratch again.

1 hour ago, Codrina said:

That's ok. It can only kill me. I do believe in healing from within. in the end, there is no such thing as solid matter. 

I also do not believe in coincidences. I am logically/analytically minded, but also impulsive. 

I can see the masculinity in me more than in other women. But at the same time, that's what kept me going. The ability to push in tough situations, to be able to hope and look for solutions in the worst. To keep going, not matter what. To question everything and draw my own conclusions. That is the masculine side of things, right? Ambition, resilience, rationality. 

I guess I am more masculine. Seeing that feminine energy is about being, acceptance and receiving. I didn't stop much in my way. I always went for something. Always a goal in sight, always striving for better. 

I guess this is what society pushes us to. Even this site. Don't be pleased with who you are now.Who you think you are is false. You need to work your ass off to find out who you are.  Strive for better. Improve. Do.  

I've always had a lot more chronic pain problems on left side. I've always thought that was really odd! 

There is no duality between healing within or without, please get it checked out! 

Feminine energy is much more complicated than our understanding of it, in fact there is no power inherent in masculine or feminine energy itself. The better balanced the more effective they are, and the less you can tell the difference between the two. The more you dissolve the ego and identification with self or either one the more they will balance on their own. 

I think we have to have a strong masculine side to resonate with Leo's teaching style. I tried to explain how the universe is made of love to my friend using his words and it wasn't resonating at all so I re-framed it the way Abraham Hicks describes it with source energy and she got it immediately. I think that the whole forum/community is making a lot of progress integrating the feminine though. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The more you dissolve the ego and identification with self or either one the more they will balance on their own. 

I like the sound of that. Thank you. 

@RickyBalboa

Thank you soooooo much! You're just right on! I have to not bend my neck downwards but rather relax it a little bit backwards. It's mostly about my posture, I'm now in the process of fixing it, I can already feel the relief as I have become aware of my posture. Actually, if I let my body right now fully relax, my neck would automatically bend backwards.

I can't express my gratitude for you. Thank you very much! ❤️

As for my sleeping position, I usually sleep on the side, left or right, and I wake up laying on my back. I never sleep on my stomach and never wake up laying on my stomach.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict Thank you! You don't know how often I bore my family speaking about my own endeavors about fixing my body problems. I've fixed alot of them simply through awareness and experimenting through trial and error. It feels great to finally have some of my thoughts on bodily matters effect someone else other than just myself in a positive way.

I'm not so sure on what to say about your sleeping habits. Its tough to say since we could probably agree you are relatively unconscious of your body during the act of sleep lol. Not much room for modulating posture when tossing and turning during the night. Also take your pillow into consideration. I dont use pillows for the most part. I've heard arguments it might not be the best for your spine. I guess whatever helps you keep the best alignment. Sorry I cant really help more on that matter :/. The best I got is run some mock sleeping tests and try to feel out tension and adjust til' you find something comfortable. If you really wanna go the extra mile you could set up a camera and observe your habits. That's pretty extreme though if you aren't really suffering too much. Best of luck :D Addict of truth!

@RickyBalboa

Thank you Mr. Ricky ?❤️

I don't know how people aren't interested in their health. Health is a very serious issue. Everyone should take care of themselves before it's too late.

And lol about the camera ?

Edited by Truth Addict