Hampus

Which cities are at the top 5 according to spiral dynamics?

82 posts in this topic

someone asked yogananda if they should go to the caves in himalayas to meditate

yogananda said your closet will do just fine

That said, Finland i mean Funland is a great place because everything is pretty god damned perfect here especially the clean air and water and trees and lack of people and santa claus of course and his dumb reindeer blocking the roads

sure people are a bit grumpy and alcoholic and love to complain and cheat and pretend but besides that... 

it's just lovely :)

especially winter, nothing like a good dark blizzard 

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hampus I don't really subscribe to the idea that you should move to a higher city in order to develop yourself.

Far more important is how you manage your life, regardless of where you are.

As long as you're in a physically safe and free society, that's basically good enough. The real work then begins. The inner work.

If you are in an oppressive violent country, then that is important to resolve.

@Leo Gura

I don't ask this only for my own development, I want to develop the people in the most yellow cities. I was born in a smal village where the people are at stage blue/orange. I have been developing myself for 6 years and I am green/yellow/turquise, I'm certified in Coaching with Oneness, transpersonal hypnotheraphy, NLP, Yoga and Meditation. It's hard to help people that is not atleast centered at stage yellow. That's why I am searching for a place where the things I teach are going to be receptive and understod the most.  

Edited by Hampus
mistyping

Groningen, The Netherlands. 

I might be biased but it's a great city that got everything to offer that Amsterdam has but on a smaller scale. Also it has been 'the bicycle city' of Holland for many years I ba row. Very pedestrian and bicycle friendly. 

10 hours ago, Hampus said:

@Leo Gura

I don't ask this only for my own development, I want to develop the people in the most yellow cities. I was born in a smal village where the people are at stage blue/orange.

There are no Yellow cities. Green is the best you'll find, and even that is asking for too much from a city in the 21st century.

I'm certified in Coaching with Oneness, transpersonal hypnotheraphy, NLP, Yoga and Meditation. It's hard to help people that is not atleast centered at stage yellow. That's why I am searching for a place where the things I teach are going to be receptive and understod the most.  

1) You can teach those things in most major US or European cities with no problem and plenty of eager customers.

2) Remember, part of your job is to help uplift people who are not yet at Yellow. It's too easy to work with Yellow and above people. The real work is helping people get to Yellow.

Remember, Jesus did not say: "Let me see which city I can move to to find the most advanced people." He worked with whoever was around. The whole point of being Yellow is that you're able to work with Tier 1 people.

An angle doesn't say: "Let me find the richest, more elite, and most advanced people to help. Fuck the rest of em."

As Yellow and above, part of your burden to bear is that you will be misunderstood a lot.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hampus I don't really subscribe to the idea that you should move to a higher city in order to develop yourself.

The environment that you're in affects your whole life.  You're stewing in your environment soaking all of it in.  One of the best and easiest things you can do in your personal/ interpersonal development work is to optimize your setting (change where you live).  I wouldn't discount this.  Setting is huge.  Every city that I've traveled to had a kind of controlling theme or vibe that will program you if you stay there long enough.  So, you wanna be conscious of that programming and consciously choose/change your environment (where you live).

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura What I am teaching is making your 10 worst memories happy then next session is direct experince of  the non dual and Oneness. The technic is beyond turquise. Devoloped of 30 years of work and 2 000 sessions by my teacher. All my certificates are just to trick the lower stages to even try my sessions because it will trigger them if i say what I do out loud and they think I lie and its impossible.

You can become a...
* big fish in a small pond 
* small fish in a big pond 
* big fish in a big pond
* small fish in a small pond 

Or just become the pond.

The environment that you're in affects your whole life.  You're stewing in your environment soaking all of it in.  One of the best and easiest things you can do in your personal/ interpersonal development work is to optimize your setting (change where you live).  I wouldn't discount this.  Setting is huge.  Every city that I've traveled to had a kind of controlling theme or vibe that will program you if you stay there long enough.  So, you wanna be conscious of that programming and consciously choose/change your environment (where you live).

Depends on where you are. 

You go into the mountains to get enlightened, walk the lonely path and see the breathtaking views when you get to the top. 

Eventually you come back down to tell the others.

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

We have some yellow in Stockholm(Sweden).

Although it’s mostly green and even has some orange in the upperclass regions(can’t blame actual nobility for getting stuckxD).  

Edited by Spiral

20 hours ago, SFRL said:

Groningen, The Netherlands. 

Cool, I'd love to check it out. Noisia radio comes out of there too, one of my favourite podcasts ;) Amsterdam feels like a very advanced city, I love the Netherlands.

Vancouver and SF are up there for sure.

London feels extremely advanced to me, but it's like advanced stage blue, blue taken to its outermost limits. I love that city. I imagine NYC to have a similar but USAmerican vibe, but haven't spent enough time there yet.

Berlin is pretty neat, it might be up there into blue, green, maybe some transcendent flashes of yellow. Again, haven't spent enough time there to really know.

Cities are fascinating. You could easily spend lifetimes on them.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Truthority I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the last holdouts of traditional animistic / shamanic religions in Europe were the cold northern regions of Norway/Finland/Russia. The climate there is just so suitable for it.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@outlandish London is like Frankfurt a lot of Orange because they are both banking cities. I lived in London, but mostly worked in Green/orange or Orange/green businesses in the video and film production, sound engineering and stuff like this. People where very open, they told me stuff that I did not believe but apparently that is normal in the film industry.

It was only two months, the city did have a lot of Green but a very strong Orange, I worked near the banking distrcits in the st. kathrines building right next to the tower bridge. I also lived nearby. I've been to Amsterdam also but only for three days or soo, it was more a Orange/green for me during that time, mostly about pleasure and drugs, but I don't know the city enough I think it is quite Green because of the transportation system. I've been offered cocain 20 times day or so. I did not do much touristic stuff. Cities with trams somehow scream Green for me. 

In London most of the time it was about business and people kept their distance, modernism and the cloths let alone people wear, screamed Orange. Also a lot of runners and achievement driven people. I liked this a lot. 

I am just very curious about Berlin. Since the author mentioned it 20 years ago and comparing it to other German cities is interesting to me I love big cities. You can bet I don't know if this exists in other countries that a "Student City" or a city with a lot of students will be more progressive or Green. We have stuff like this here "Universitätsstadt" the districts there are quite Green. In the sense of postmodern green, egaliterian, pluralistic etc.

21 hours ago, outlandish said:

Noisia radio comes out of there too, one of my favourite podcasts ;) 

Aaaaaaah same here, production-wise they are my idols!! 

Since you all mention Berlin, if anyone is gonna travel to Berlin, hit me up, I'd love to meet some of you and show you some nice parts of the city!

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

I  think that there is no big city that is purely yellow. 

What determines the color of the city?

Is it the stage of the individual people?

Or is it just the stage of the people that lead the city? 

I am also interested in this. From what I gathered some U.S green cities that I'm considering a move to are Austin, Ithaca N.Y, Ashville N.C, Burlington Vermont, maybe Pittsburgh, and still researching some  other places...

So I've done a bunch of research and for my personal preferences Austin is in the lead. 

The rain and overcast in the Pacific Northwest are deal breakers for me. 

Getting dark at 4 pm in December in the Northeastern states (Vermont, Maine, upstate NY) for me are deal breakers. 

Ann Arbor, MI an affluent area and very cliquish. 

I was interested in Ashville, NC but didn't like what I read from posters. Not diverse, people not so nice.  

Colorado and San Fran too expensive.

The closest that came to Austin was Pittsburgh. Seems like a badass city but the constant overcast is a deal breaker for me. 

Still have a few more places to checkout but so far this is what I have. 

Anymore input on U.S cities would be appreciated. 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:43 PM, Hampus said:

According to leo are these cities in USA are at stage green:

California,

San Francisco

All cities in Oregon

Austin

Mass

Sedona AZ

NY

Seattle

Hawaii

When you say "Mass" I assume you're referring to Massachusetts right?

Las Vegas is a great city. Everything you need with none of the smog and traffic. And good weather most of the year except summer. Close to many national parks. Zero state income tax. The city itself is quite liberal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Las Vegas is a great city. Everything you need with none of the smog and traffic. And good weather most of the year except summer. Close to many national parks. Zero state income tax. The city itself is quite liberal.

Thanks for the tip. I could see why you would want to live there for business purposes. Although didn't really meet my other criteria. 

1 hour ago, Spacious said:

Bristol in the UK has a strong core of Stage Green.

I've just moved to Hanoi in Vietnam and as far as I can tell, it's Blue with emerging Orange.

Yup yup I lived in Vietnam for about 13 months, HCMC. Don't forget they were conquered by the Chinese for 1000 years, so their culture is Chinese. I also lived in Taiwan for a few years. Taiwan is China. The Chinese are very conscious of their body and of the existence of a spiritual world. But just that group mentality and very rigid culture and traditions keeps them bogged down.