Hampus

Which cities are at the top 5 according to spiral dynamics?

82 posts in this topic

Which cities are at the top 5 according to spiral dynamics?

I think Vancouver is at the top. My top 5 are Vancouver, Torronto, Montreal, Amsterdam and Ottowa.

What is the top 5?

Im asking this because I want to live in the most conscious/enlightened citiy in the world.

Edited by Hampus

Berlin, Paris and Switzerland potentially some nordic countries are mentioned. 

In the audiobook as well as the books themselves IIRC. 

But Berlin and Paris definitely. I've been to Paris a couple of times, but I don't speak french. 

According to leo are these cities in USA are at stage green:

California,

San Francisco

All cities in Oregon

Austin

Mass

Sedona AZ

NY

Seattle

Hawaii

Yes, I mentioned yellow cities I don't know if tourquise cities exist yet. Some larger ashrams or movments potentially. 

And countries moving to yellow. No country is solidly yellow yet, yet I would place my bets on switzerland because of their political system. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

3 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Berlin, Paris and Switzerland potentially some nordic countries are mentioned. 

In the audiobook as well as the books themselves IIRC. 

But Berlin and Paris definitely. I've been to Paris a couple of times, but I don't speak french. 

Where can I find the audiobook and books?

@Hampus Audible a quick google search should suffice for the books. The Audiobook and the books are from the same author. 

Canadian cities are top in toxic feminism and extreme leftism, I dont know what kind of good vibration it is.

5 hours ago, Hampus said:

According to leo are these cities in USA are at stage green:

California,

San Francisco

All cities in Oregon

Austin

Mass

Sedona AZ

NY

Seattle

Hawaii

Certainly not all cities in Oregon. Rural parts of every state/country are basically Blue.

NYC has some Green aspects but also a lot of Orange. Many of the top cities in the USA are Orange/Green hybrids, not fully Green. A fully Green city would be very hippy-ish. Something like Sedona AZ maybe.

Technically no city has a single color. Each part of the city has its own color, so it's tricky because we're talking about loose averages.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Berlin definitely has a good vibe. I'll be back soon and I'm looking forward to it. You can really feel it.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

You can google most liberal, or hippie cities in USA. You'll find a lot of starting points for research here 

Don Beck mentioned almost 20 years ago that it is be a growing center of yellow people (Berlin and Paris), I've found some niche friends who are quite yellow. 

So, yes Berlin could be quite Green, yet I am not sure how much cultural barriers play a role because of language differenes, so a lot of people could be yellow, and don't know it, since they do not have the framework, yet also the city has the repute of being very progressive. 

I have not been there, yet I prefer living at a destination for sometime, not to travel. I love travelling though. 

Some friends of mine who are Green/yellow live their and are quite independent, that is why I am curious, I'll definitely put my hand in the fire even if I've never been to Berlin. Not for pure consciouness or spirial dynamic aspects, but for the progressiveness and history of the city alone. (Besides their airport)

55 minutes ago, d0ornokey said:

You can google most liberal, or hippie cities in USA. You'll find a lot of starting points for research here 

Yes, this is also very good and a great idea! , I looked into each state here in Germany to try to determine which state is the most progressive or rather who votes for who or whom. And I could see which state has allocated a certain amount of seats out of a pool of seats for each party. So, 100 seats, 10 parties for e.g 10 seats for each party etc. Generally the south of Germany is quite Green the rest is mixed, the state next to mine is the most Green by far, and everyone knows this, it's not a secret. The same goes for Berlin+.

Yet, I checking upon a city with the knowledge about spiral dynamics should suffice to determine which stage a city is at. No one is at one stage, it's a spiral it goes upwards and downwards, also 33% you operate from the stage you are at 33% below and 33% above. As classic side note.

Checking wiki and seeing for e.g if possible which political party they vote for, if the city has some historical aspects which are highlighted that are extra extra ordinary and scream progressivness, that is a good sign. As well as political party votes etc. My state for instance is quite conservative which is clearly evident, besides one or two cities. 

It's not Germany, I'll say that gladly.

@Chi_ That is awesome ! I love the vibe Berlin apparently has but never been there. Yes, I saw the same problem while I did a retreat and everyone spoke either french,german or english, one of these, a mixture or all of them. I "mapped" someone blue who was strong green and had an engineering degree because his english was just not good or not present at all. 

From answering the questions here I would advocate for every Ken Wilber audiobook which is spoken by him, this clears up a lot of confusion.

Someone asked me where to study in Germany, and I adviced him not to go to my region neccesarily, there are other options which could be way more prolific, checking, planning to live in another city even just hypothetically is a good idea. Cheking wikis, appartments, blogs, youtubers, job markets etc. Depending on the situation.. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Certainly not all cities in Oregon. Rural parts of every state/country are basically Blue.

NYC has some Green aspects but also a lot of Orange. Many of the top cities in the USA are Orange/Green hybrids, not fully Green. A fully Green city would be very hippy-ish. Something like Sedona AZ maybe.

Technically no city has a single color. Each part of the city has its own color, so it's tricky because we're talking about loose averages.

Which cities are the top 5 according to you then Leo? Can you make a video on where on earth people can move to live, evolve and grow the most up the spiral the fastest? If a city is yellow or closest to yellow, I would like to move there and make it yellow.

@Leo Gura

Would you recommend Vancouver? Can you bring up the most evolved cities in consciousness politics 4 or in a new video?

Can you make a chart of where cities are on the spiral dynamic chart instead of countries?

12 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Yes, I mentioned yellow cities I don't know if tourquise cities exist yet. Some larger ashrams or movments potentially. 

And countries moving to yellow. No country is solidly yellow yet, yet I would place my bets on switzerland because of their political system. 

A yellow country is almost impossible at our current state of development for the reason that a yellow country will have to admit that it itself is collective delusion.

It's Love.

No city has no solid color because most people are not solid at any stage. That's why most people exhibit unhealthy aspects of tier 1 stages of Spiral Dynamics. If people had solid foundations, even Blue can be quite healthy.

Edited by CreamCat

@RendHeaven According to the books people are moving into that direction, because of mass immigration problems, the dircet democracy in Switzerland is a system which is ruled by the collective as well as by the individual. 

Not sure how the system looks like in nordic countries. 

It goes way deeper than what you say. 

The collective adjust to the highest SD lvl.

There is a tipping point at 10%. IIRC. 

It is possible even if people don't know their stage, they could be quite high without knowing it because a healthy collective would enforce that. Some collective are just more healthy than others look at a Green city or university. 

@Hampus I don't really subscribe to the idea that you should move to a higher city in order to develop yourself.

Far more important is how you manage your life, regardless of where you are.

As long as you're in a physically safe and free society, that's basically good enough. The real work then begins. The inner work.

If you are in an oppressive violent country, then that is important to resolve.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Eckhart Tolle credits the lighter energy field of the Pacific Northwest with his ability to write The Power of Now. He got an impulse to move there that didn't go away and when he did the book happened. 

The problem with cities in general is that they embrace stage orange in such a dramatic way. In a large city you see the wealthiest and the most impoverished examples of people all day long. Your survival = money. 

In a rural area, a recession never hits that hard, community and neighbors have your back to some degree and there's always food to be found or grown if you don't have money. 

The flip side is that cities where you don't need a car are much better for the health of the planet, they are worse for your own health though. People in NYC live in high stress and breath terrible air, yet they have the lowest carbon footprint of almost anyone. Going for a run in NYC is worse than smoking a cigarette. We really need to redesign communities for both people and the planet. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost