kieranperez

Richard Feynman on the problem with asking “why?”

59 posts in this topic

on another note - I swear he remind me of Peter Ralston. Ralston seems like the Feynman on Consciousness work 

@kieranperez Great post, but why did you post this? ;)

With so many different concepts, perceptions and interpretations, it is fascinating that we can all agree to a similar structure of beliefs, enabling us to communicate effectively. It also shows how difficult it can be to communicate ideas that are not as objective as hard science. 

All why questions ultimately lead to the question of Why is reality precisely the way it is? And the answer to that is: Absolute Love.

Feynman was going in the right direction, but he did not go far enough, deep enough, wide enough to understand the ultimate WHY.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All why questions ultimately lead to the question of Why is reality precisely the way it is? And the answer to that is: Absolute Love.

Feynman was going in the right direction, but he did not go far enough, deep enough, wide enough to understand the ultimate WHY.

The problem with asking ‘why is reality precisely the way it is’ is that this question is coming from the mind. There’s nothing wrong with the mind, but the mind is less than reality. More precisely, the mind is a subset of reality. Because you can be in a no-mind state where the mind disappears and reality remains. And pure reality (without the mind) cannot ask ‘why’. It just is. There are no questions. And this is the ultimate truth.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

a better question is who or what

why implies too many assumptions that can't be accessed without first getting to source of who/what you are

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

@Truthority there’s other questions besides who and what you are. Don’t get  myopic with your contemplations 

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The problem with asking ‘why is reality precisely the way it is’ is that this question is coming from the mind.

No!

There is definitely a reason why reality is precisely how it is.

To dismiss this as "mind" is to make one of the biggest mistakes possible: it is to never realize why you created reality.

Rather a shame not to know that.

You honestly believe reality is here without a why? All of this precise structure and complexity with no explanation?? Just randomness? Just experience?

Ha! Don't be gullible.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

There is definitely a reason why reality is precisely how it is.

To dismiss this as "mind" is to make one of the biggest mistakes possible: it is to never realize why you created reality.

Rather a shame not to know that.

You honestly believe reality is here without a why? All of this precise structure and complexity with no explanation?? Just randomness? Just experience?

Ha! Don't be gullible.

I think that interpretation is largely dependent on the stage of development someone is at.

For me, that’s where I’m at where all of the meanings and why are just becoming untenable because I’m moving more fully into Green and developing more of a point of view around deconstruction/post-structuralism. In my own experience at this point, I’m at a point in my own cognition where I can’t really see much of why there would be a why to any of this. I’ve had some glimpses on acid but I’m still not satisfied. 

However, I think your explanations and what not serve as a possibility for sincere seekers to really be open to the possibility of there being “more” as they move further in their development. 

@Leo Gura

Will Absolute Love still be present when someone is experiencing a hell realm? If so, then maybe Reality is not just Absolute Love, but also Absolute Torture/Hatred? Maybe Absolute Love is just an insight from high experiences (relative to feeling good)?

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Leo Gura

Will Absolute Love still be present when someone is experiencing a hell realm? If so, then maybe Reality is not just Absolute Love, but also Absolute Torture/Hatred? Maybe Absolute Love is just an insight from high experiences (relative to feeling good)?

That's the mindfuck of it: even the worst hell realm is still Absolute Love. The person just isn't aware of it in that moment.

In a sense, it's a catch-22: the person is in the hell realm because their consciousness is in a limited state. That's what a hell realm is: a limited state of consciousness. A limited state is not wide enough to see the big picture. Seeing the big picture is necessary to understand that all states & realms are part of the flowering of Infinite Love. So from inside a hell realm it will seem like there is no love at all. But from outside the hell realm it is realized that that hell realm is indistinguishable from Love. If a person in the hell realm realized that it is Love, the hell realm would instantly transform into Paradise. But of course this is hard to do in practice because the hell realm so mesmerizes one's consciousness. It's like a bad dream. It's hard to break out when you're in it. But nor is it necessary to break out. What's more important is to realize that it isn't real.

God's Love wouldn't be unlimited if it excluded hell realms. But the ego's POV is too limited to appreciate that. Luckily God has no such limitation.

The duality or boundary between heaven & hell is itself made of Nothing/Love! Heaven is the realization that there is no difference between being in heaven or hell. The moment you realize the difference between the two is an imaginary duality, you will find yourself in Heaven. Heaven being an absolute -- has no opposite.

Hell is the idea that there is a heaven separate from where you currently are -- and wishing to be there. The desire to be in heaven ironically produces hell because it is a denial and resistance of the present moment -- a denial of truth in favor of falsehood. So hell is falsehood or delusion. And Heaven is Truth.

Neat, huh? ;)

@Leo Gura 

It's beautiful! Almost all of it resonates. But it's also mindfucking on many levels! Like, how is a devil going to stop being a devil and then open up to God if the devil is inherently limited? The answer is: stronger devils will force the weaker one to die, and that ego-death is expansion and opening up to God. So an angel gets created and starts spreading his love, and that in turn will make more devils turn into God. Or it could start the other way around. It doesn't matter, since there's no beginning to God. So, it works both ways. Angels cause love to flower consciously, as devils do the same thing unconsciously. It's like all of it is planned to create more love no matter what. God works his plans through the devil! Such a genius!

But that's not everything yet. This everlasting tug of war between dualities is what causes God to expand in the first place. So, there's no way it could ever end. It's just growing and growing forever!

I also remembered that even the devil, he lives such a good life, almost 99.99% of his life is clearly pure love and grace from God, despite the fact that a devil does not acknowledge that. And the other 0.01% 'seemingly actual' hell must be necessary for God-knows-why.

Edited by Truth Addict

56 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Like, how is a devil going to stop being a devil and then open up to God if the devil is inherently limited?

Precisely because a devil is merely God in disguise! Really, there are no devils. A devil is just what we call it when God isn't aware that it's God.

Also, devilry is inherently unstable and self-defeating. The suffering that devilry creates ultimately becomes so strong that the devil is forced to admit he is wrong. Either that or he doubles down and becomes an even bigger devil until finally physical death takes him.

So now you see why death is such an important part of the divine plan of Love. Death is the safety valve which ensures that devils never ultimately prevail. A devil can only prevail in the short-term. God always prevails in the long-term: by killing you and freeing you of all your limits! Death is like the reboot button on your computer, for when it bugs out ;)

Could you imagine if devils lived forever? Now that would be a problem. Fortunately, all devils must die. Unfortunately, you are a devil. Fortunately, you are also God :D

Say... that's a good book title ;)

The profoundly twisted irony is this: the devil only behaves like a devil in the first place because he can die! If the devil was immortal he would not act like a devil, he would act like God! If a devil should ever realize that he is actually immortal, he will stop acting like a devil and start acting like God. Ta-da!

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

all devils must die

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Say that's a good book title ;)

If that wasn’t a hint I don’t know what is.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The profoundly twisted irony is this: the devil only behaves like a devil in the first place because he can die! If the devil was immortal he would not act like a devil, he would act like God! If a devil should ever realize that he is actually immortal, he will stop acting like a devil and start acting like God. Ta-da!

Do you think you can expand on this? I understand this intuitively but not on an intimate level.

Immortality = no limits = no fear = no need to defend/preserve/manipulate...

Does that sound about right?

This is precisely why I've always been skeptical of the Greek Pantheon, by the way. Supposedly each individual god is immortal, but they all act like neurotic man-babies.

I still wonder what the Pantheon is supposed to be a metaphor for. I struggle to see any nondual implications (whereas the Hindu gods, for example, are clearly facets of the same Whole).

It's Love.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Precisely because a devil is merely God in disguise! Really, there are no devils. A devil is just what we call it when God isn't aware that it's God.

Also, devilry is inherently unstable and self-defeating. The suffering that devilry creates ultimately becomes so strong that the devil is forced to admit he is wrong. Either that or he doubles down and becomes an even bigger devil until finally physical death takes him.

So now you see why death is such an important part of the divine plan of Love. Death is the safety valve which ensures that devils never ultimately prevail. A devil can only prevail in the short-term. God always prevails in the long-term: by killing you and freeing you of all your limits! Death is like the reboot button on your computer, for when it bugs out ;)

Could you imagine if devils lived forever? Now that would be a problem. Fortunately, all devils must die. Unfortunately, you are a devil. Fortunately, you are also God :D

Have you actually seen/meet an actual devil? Like a Satan. A creature made of energy. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Damn, it is! ?:D

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe if science eventually succeeded in making the immortality elixir all devilry will end? xD

I don't know. I think that devils don't act godly because they forget about death. I mean if everyone just minded thier own business and acknowledged their inevitable death, they wouldn't need to be devils anymore. I think only someone who is deluded enough to forget death is a selfish devil. Perhaps, it gets even trickier than that. I mean if animals aren't selfish devils. Do they actually not know about death? Or do they know about it, so they just constantly be present in the moment? I wouldn't bet on the latter. So, maybe the intellect that we have as humans is the reason behind all of our problems? The story of Adam and Eve comes to mind in here. It makes perfect sense. We want immortality but we forget that we are already immortal, so we trust the intellect (devil's trick), and so here we are. So, the solution in my opinion, since we can't remove the intellect is to have a better intellect, as accurate as it could get, especially acknowledge death and other relative truths. It becomes clear now that devilry is just pure ignorance and delusion.

@Truth Addict I like what you said, 

but even animals will have meta knowledge that isn’t pertained in their physical body. Their metaknowledge is embedded in the infinite fractal of sound. We use a 26 letter alphAbet. The alphabet in my 2nd language uses around 35 letters, with many deviations. Totally around 80 single combinations. Frequencies of sound aren’t symbolic but even more direct than symbols themselves. 

Humans do it like this 

metaknowledge- speech - symbol - speech - metaknowledge 

this is language going from one person to another. 

For animals it’s 

metaknwledge - speech- speech - metaknowledge. 

This is why it makes it seem like they’re living in the present moment. There’s no symbolic language for them to feedback on. If the frequency doesn’t match the metaknowledge. Then no action is done between the animals. We use symbols to interject and match their understandings for ourselves. 

So what we can conclude is that animals do in fact have intellectual capabilities. They’re without symbols. 

Enlightenmrnt is about this detaching from symbols. So what your saying is you want no intellect capable of processing symbols but you will settle for better intellect. Have you ever consider that what your saying is actually devilry ? ??‍♂️ 

The devil doing devilry calling others devils ? 

4 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Do you think you can expand on this? I understand this intuitively but not on an intimate level.

Immortality = no limits = no fear = no need to defend/preserve/manipulate...

Does that sound about right?

That's right. A seperate self based on illusion must always fight with the world keep from re-uniting with it. Death is that reunification. But death is also infinite love. So what a devil fears most is infinite love.

This is precisely why I've always been skeptical of the Greek Pantheon, by the way. Supposedly each individual god is immortal, but they all act like neurotic man-babies.

I still wonder what the Pantheon is supposed to be a metaphor for. I struggle to see any nondual implications (whereas the Hindu gods, for example, are clearly facets of the same Whole).

It's a metaphor for the human psyche.

3 hours ago, Angelite said:

Have you actually seen/meet an actual devil? Like a Satan. A creature made of energy. 

No

If such a creature existed it would still be an aspect of God and not seperate from me.

18 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Damn, it is! ?:D

Maybe if science eventually succeeded in making the immortality elixir all devilry will end? xD

Science has made 5-MeO-DMT. What more do you want?

The thing people don't understand about the immortality elixer is that it works by killing you! So the last thing a devil will do is drink it. The devil is terrified of meeting God. He is committed to staying a devil.

I mean if animals aren't selfish devils.

Animals ARE selfish devils. They are unabashedly selfish. They are so selfish they don't even know or care what selfishness is.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Science has made 5-MeO-DMT. What more do you want?

Physical immortality. Like preventing the cells from ageing.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Animals ARE selfish devils. They are unabashedly selfish. They are so selfish they don't even know or care what selfishness is.

If that's true, then God as a whole is also a selfish devil, since animals operate on the default mode, which is pure God mode.

I think the term selfishness is a bit abstract here. Do you refer to it as in materialist selfishness and wanting to survive?

I would say that the selfishness that is accompanied with suffering is devilish. And the selfishness that is free from suffering is godly. (despite that they're both godly).

Edited by Truth Addict