JevinR

Is Suicide The Fastest Way To Enlightenment?

24 posts in this topic

Is this the laziest solution to enlightenment?

The Video does not see the fastest way To enlightenment is physically Killing yourself, that is BS and cut that Idea immidiately out of Your Head.

Enlightenment is stepping into the body. Whenever you had an enlightenment experience, You were really grounded, right?

I do not follow Teal videos anymore, but they helped for as long they helped me.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

It depends on the mind and why you are killing yourself.  For instance Jains kill themselves by starving themselves to death (Sallekhana), but they do it, usually, at the end of life. 

"When death is imminent, the vow of sallekhanā is observed by progressively slenderizing the body and the passions. Since the person observing sallekhanā is devoid of all passions like attachment, it is not suicide."

In most of cases killing yourself will not bring you to enlightenment.  Because the reason you are doing it is most likely tinged with hatred(of self), greed and delusion.  If you have attachment to not being, or being, etc... that will obscure enlightenment.  Now, have there been beings that have gotten enlightened that way?  Maybe(depending on their minds/reasons)... but it is really, really rare, and not something anyone should consider if trying to reach enlightenment.   

Edited by SkyPanther

2 minutes ago, A way to Actualize said:

@SkyPanther do You know how To delete account?

Hmm.. there used to be a button that let you delete your account, but I cannot seem to find it now, maybe it was disabled. 

Just now, SkyPanther said:

Hmm.. there used to be a button that let you delete your account, but I cannot seem to find it now, maybe it was disabled. 

more People want To delete but they just can't indeed...

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

@JevinR I was thinking about this some time ago, that death is the easiest way to enlightenment because you literally become nothing as your ego dies, but, you'll have plenty of that to come, may as well live this interesting life and gain the once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to experience life from a place of enlightenment while living 

18 hours ago, JevinR said:

Is this the laziest solution to enlightenment?

22 minutes ago, Saarah said:

@JevinR I was thinking about this some time ago, that death is the easiest way to enlightenment because you literally become nothing as your ego dies, but, you'll have plenty of that to come, may as well live this interesting life and gain the once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to experience life from a place of enlightenment while living 

killing yourself wont bring enlightenment, if you was enlightened you would understand why.

the same old crap that is rooted in your consciousness will still be there after leaving the body, its called quantum memory, that quantum memory it going to dictate what happens after you die, and if you have another existence

@charlie2dogs how do you leave the body if you don't exist inside it in the first place?

You're only aware of it by consciousness and that dies when your body no longer functions i.e. death just like before your body was created

however, there is research being done about bringing dead people back to life, that could hold interesting implications if it reveals anything 

13 minutes ago, Saarah said:

@charlie2dogs how do you leave the body if you don't exist inside it in the first place?

You're only aware of it by consciousness and that dies when your body no longer functions i.e. death just like before your body was created

however, there is research being done about bringing dead people back to life, that could hold interesting implications if it reveals anything 

I know this was not for me to answer, but there are some interesting things about this from the perspective of science:

Quantum Theory Proves That Consciousness Moves to Another Universe After Death

http://www.learning-mind.com/quantum-theory-proves-that-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-after-death/

Orchestrated objective reduction 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestrated_objective_reduction

Shadows of the Mind: A Search for the Missing Science of Consciousness

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Mind-Missing-Science-Consciousness/dp/0195106466

Panpsychism

http://www.iep.utm.edu/panpsych/

Indra's Net

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra%27s_net

These are scientific theories and on the edge of science stuff, and mainly having to do with Quantum Physics.   And some of the research and theories are being made by some heavy hitters in physics, for instance Penrose, who worked with Hawking on black holes. 

If this is accurate, it would "jive" with rebirth which interestingly, is actually part of almost every major religion (before they became religions).

Rebirth is part of the three main religions in the East (Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism), but also part of Gnostic Christianity and Judaism.  

Edited by SkyPanther

Sure, just cut off all life; what is that for anyway?!;)

1 hour ago, Saarah said:

If you are alive it is because consciousness is possessing your body, so you do exist as a human being possessed by consciousness.  Consciousness is intelligent, creative, The body only functions and is alive only because the consciousness is present within the body, and just because you can't see consciousness, doesn't mean you don't exist

where is Leo I miss his input on the forum 

probably not dude. I don't think you can just magically become enlightened in a few seconds long one-time gig.

Ramana said "Kill the mind not the body. The body is innocent."

Suicide Is The Most Foolish Thing

suicide.jpg

Q: Dear Gurudev, I have had thoughts of suicide many times in my life. What happens if one commits suicide?

Suicide Is the most foolish thing a person can ever do. 
It is like, someone is shivering in the cold and he goes out and removes all his clothes. What will you call him? Foolish!
You are already feeling cold in a heated auditorium, and you go out into the open and say, ’I am so cold’, and remove your jacket, your t-shirt, your inner garments and throw them all out. Will the cold become any less? No!

People who commit suicide find themselves there because they are so attached to life. They are so attached to some pleasure, so attached to some joy, that they want to kill themselves. And when they kill themselves they find themselves in a bigger soup.
They feel, ‘Oh my God, this restlessness, these desires which had created such intense agony inside me has not gone. My body has gone but the agony has remained.
It is only through the body that you can dispel the agony and get rid of misery. Instead you destroy the very instrument by which you can get rid of agony. That is why this knowledge is so important.
If you do pranayama, Sudarshan Kriya and meditation, you will realize that you are not the body.

Dedicate Your Life For Some Higher Cause

What is it that you are hankering for in life? Are you hankering for love? Attention? Money? Pleasure? What is it that you are hankering? These hankerings are boiling desires and they are creating this foolish idea inside you to commit suicide. If you feel you want to commit suicide, I tell you, I need you. I need you to do my work, so you better stay back. Dedicate your life for a social cause; for some higher cause.

When you think only about yourself, ‘What about me, what about me’, then this is what happens. Depression comes in. Forget about yourself. Die for a cause but don't kill yourself. It is worth dedicating your life for something higher.

I need you. Come here (to the Ashram) and do work. There is so much work to be done, help me out. Know that you are useful to me.
If everyone else says you are useless, remember, 'No, I am here, born at this time because Gurudev needs me. I have some work to do for Gurudev. I am not going to commit suicide', got it?! So, do my work.
If you cannot do yoga and meditation, then sweat it out and do my work. I have lots of work I can give you. I can give some work to the entire nation, and the entire population. I have plenty of work to be done. And whatever you need, I will provide you. You need a roof above you, I will provide you, I guarantee you this, but don’t kill yourself.

The Human Body Is So Precious

After so many different lives and different bodies you get a human body; a human birth. After being a worm, a frog, a scorpion, a chicken, a mouse somewhere in some hole, a cat jumping around here and there, a dog, a bird, etc., then you get a human life, after going through all those births. So it is very precious!

Your Hankering For Pleasure Is The Cause Of Depression In You

Wake up and see, all pleasures are momentary; how long will they stay? See that they are so momentary. Five to ten minutes of joy and then it is gone.
What is it that you are hankering about? Some people appreciating you? My dear, it has no meaning. People appreciate you in front of you, behind you they feel jealous about you. That is what happens. They praise you today, tomorrow they criticize you. So what? Do you see what I am saying?
What is appreciation? It is just a few thoughts that are passing through the mind of someone.Do you think they are going to do it forever?

Some people have good comments and some people have bad comments, so what.
If someone criticizes you, so what? Those who criticize you are also going to die, and you, the one being criticized are also going to die. One day all will be finished! So why are you so much bothered about somebody’s appreciation, or criticism? Why can’t you just be yourself?
You know, it takes such a big load off your head not being bothered by anybody’s criticism or adulations. You can just be yourself; natural. And if you live like this, so lightly, then where is the question of depression? Do you see what I am saying?

If You Get Thoughts Of Committing Suicide

1. Know that it is just your prana which is low, so do more pranayama
2. There are millions of people who are suffering more than you, look at them. When your suffering becomes smaller you will never think of committing suicide.
3. Know that you are needed, you are useful. You have to do something in the world.
4. Forget about what people think of you.
People commit suicide because they think they have lost their prestige, their status. What status? What prestige? Who has time to think about your prestige? Everybody is entangled with their own problems, with their own mind. They can’t step out of their own mind, where do they have the time to think about you? These types of tendencies come because you think others are going to disrespect you. I tell you, it is worthless to worry about what the society thinks of you.

Mainly, we must realize that suicide is the worst thing. This is one of the major reasons that we should conduct as many Happiness Programs as possible. Do you see what I’m saying? When you start the breathing exercises, it all goes away!

JEAH i guess we´ve all been there at least ONCE in our lives!? You are not alone if you think stuff like : fuck it! im going to end it all.... Everyone has and everyone was wrong, some noticed it afterwards and some couldn´t notice it anymore. :( 

Also : you mixed something up , teal swan is not what you watch when you are suicidal ...teal swan is what you watch when you are horny xD feel better now? no? joke was too bad? FUCK! noone likes my jokes ...i think i´m going to .... wait a sec! 

3 versions:

1. You reincarnate and start all over.

2. Your soul is too weak and you will be eaten by Liches (interesting concept in: G. Travels - Techniques of Astral Combat).

3. You will lose opportunity to do what's possible here and what won't be possible there. Better live until you die naturally or by external influence.

Or the strong rationalist+scientific+atheist concept: doesn't matter, you will cease to exist.

As you see, none of these provide enlightenment except from the third (which is not guaranteeing even possibility to get it).

Edited by appleaurorae

@Henri Thanks for right such a detailed response Henri, but this video made a lot of sense:

Edited by JevinR