kieranperez

Leo, What EEG Machine Did You Buy?

12 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura what eeg machine for neurofeedback did you buy? 

I don’t have $7k to pay for neurofeedback training. I have no help in being able to pay for that. I remember you saying somewhere that you paid $3k for yours. I’m willing to pay for that.

My ADHD since getting off all my meds (Adderall since I was 6 years old till I was 22 and 5 other SSRIs, mood stabilizers, etc. - not counting all the ones I’ve been on) is tearing my life apart. I want this GONE. I can’t function. I can’t make decisions. My life is a mess. My emotions are a mess. I have energy problems now. I’m trying every single damn day so hard to keep this together and pick myself up and start my life over. I’m not able to get help but I’m in a (sage slave) job where I get paid enough where I can probably save up money for a eeg machine. 

I tried modafinil and other nootropics and it’s the same thing - I adapt and build such a fast tolerance to them in 1-3 days that they stop working and then when I get off I have to go through withdrawal.

Sorry for the ramble. Just so frustrated in my life that I need to vent. Thanks. 

Ever try some good ass weed? That's what its there for you know, to help you when you need a hand in life. Nature is perfectly made for you. If weed doesn't work then detoxing and fasting and allowing the body to heal itself at root levels is the best option you have. Trying to save you 3k.

B R E A T H E

I don’t have any info on the EEG, but I do know what it’s like being on adderall since 6 years old. As @pluto mentioned as well, cannabis helped me a lot with getting myself back on tract with my heath, I have since then let go of weed, but it will always be remembered as something that helped me start to better myself. Although what is way more important is high intensity exercises and proper diet, I started with martial art sparring. Then your body will start to adapt to what it was actually designed for, it will take patiences but there is 100% light at the end of this tunnel you are in right now, never give up and stay strong. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

One of the possible explanations is that you have a massive imbalance of brain neurotransmitters. You may have too many stimulating ones (e.g. Glutamate)  and not enough calming ones (e.g. GABA and Glycine). Or they are there but the receptors (the docking points) for these neurotransmitters have been damaged or are simply not responding to these signals. Possibly as a result of SSRI usage for many years

You may also have disruptions in process called methylation which is behind production of many of these neurotransmitters. This proces is highly dependant on some B-vitamins and amino acids you may be missing. 

Without meaning to lecture, it may be worth getting in touch with a Functional Medicine doctor (this is not the mainstream medical doc) as there are some assessments they can do and some lifestyle and dietary adjustments they can give you. This will definitely cost less than 3K.  For a short term, supplementing things like Gaba and Glycine to bring the balance back could help but I'd first consult that with the FM doctor. There is an Institute of Functional Medicine founded by Chris Kresser (in California I believe). https://www.ifm.org/   They probably do an online consulting as well. You can try looking up someone qualified https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/ near your area. 

Sometimes meditation does not fix the shit and you need to go down the materialistic road to fix mechanical inadequacies. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 you’re telling me that functional medicine doctor costs even more than the already expensive doctors...?

Funny how the people who want to solve these issues that aren’t addressed in conventional medicine are even less affordable than the poison people are dealt with. Making it harder for people to utilize potentially more useful solutions. Precisely why I’ve lost faith in this industry. 

Starting to lose complete fucking faith in my entire future to get help... 

I’ll at least utilize the Gaba and Glycine. 

Thanks anyways man.

Edited by kieranperez

@Michael569 apologies. I read your post wrong as saying “MORE than $3000” rather than “LESS than $3000”

12 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

I’ll at least utilize the Gaba and Glycine. 

Don't jump blindly into this before exploring a bit deeper. 

No Functional Medicine doctor does not cost 3,000. They may need to do some testings that are done by private companies but its usually couple hundred max and these tests can show you A LOT. 

I am not saying that this is the root of your issue but considering you probably do a lot of other things well and that you've had some help with neutropics which are pretty much just playing around with different neurotransmitters, I think there is no harm in exploring this area as well. 

Most of these FM practitioners will offer exploratory free call that you can book and talk to them to see if this is something you can work on. These people don't do it for the money...you go to Wall Street for that, they genuinely want to help however you still need to expect to pay something...for their education and the testing done by private companies. 

All the best regardless of what you do dude !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

If you buy your own machine the learning curve is going to be very high. It's a lot better to hire a professional that specializes in helping people with ADD/ADHD through neurofeedback. 

Get the book finally focused by James Greenblatt. It goes through a lot of solutions in there. Dr James Greenblatt has seen thousands of children and adults with ADHD. Another option is to see a functional medicine doc or a naturopath. 

Edited by Austin Actualizing

@kieranperez I remember this question being asked a couple times and Leo commenting on it. A google search with keywords - actualized.org , eeg machine and Leo - may help. I’e found google searchers to be more powerful than the forum search tool.

weed doesn't work for working ?

I use weed only for working on long project and get the motivation to start.

for me weed did it so far.

Joe rogan is add.

And I think the advice of being in martial art is a good one, you would be in a community, work on some internal rage, and many good things, I practiced martial art for probably 5 years of my life. ( 2 years taekwendo & 3 years kung fu ), just 2 hours a week, but that was already nice for me.

not sayin it will cure everything, it just a piece of puzzle you could try.

try to seriously sleep max every night, this should be a priority in your life, and without any substances in your blood.

your brain need to fix receptor, if you took 20 years an hard drug, it's normal that your brain will take at list 2 years of soft withdrawal and an awful first month.

this is counter to what society will told you, but if you want to heal, don't try to do everything, if really focus 1000% on healing yourself.

drawing aswell is an active meditation that worked a lot when I was in a awakening crisis :D

play video games aswell if that can makes you focus on others things.

they can be a good alternative drug, sort of little rush of dopamine, it will be very easy for a conscious man to leave video games than SSRI, so go for whatever work, put aside the life purpose or whatever, if your are feeling shit this will probably fuck you all the way.

I m sure you need monney, but try to reduce all the need for it. and focus on "poor healing way" putting cash never worked for me that's always scam, you can fix many things for free or few $.

Edited by Aeris