Anirban657

Don't feel like meditating

6 posts in this topic

I just don't feel like meditating now a days. I had meditated for an year and half but after I started taking prescription pills for psychosis and depression, I don't feel like meditating. I don't know why.

And Leo said that if I don't meditate, I can't watch his videos. 

I miss watching Leo's videos. But I also don't feel like meditating. 

What do I do?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

It's okay to watch Leo's videos without meditating. He won't know, trust me.

1 minute ago, fi1ghtclub said:

It's okay to watch Leo's videos without meditating. He won't know, trust me.

Blasphemy!

He is omniscient ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

I just don't feel like meditating now a days. I had meditated for an year and half but after I started taking prescription pills for psychosis and depression, I don't feel like meditating. I don't know why.

And Leo said that if I don't meditate, I can't watch his videos. 

I miss watching Leo's videos. But I also don't feel like meditating. 

What do I do?

Find something else that allows you to be more present in the moment rather than "thinking" with the mind and do that instead and if that's watching Leo's videos, so be it. You must always do whatever feels most exciting and natural for you at the time because that is best path you could possibly take because you are not trying to "force" yourself which creates "resistance" within the universe, instead you are naturally flowing with the current and what naturally feels best.

Although, unless you put what you receive into action, nothing will ever change for you. That is why Leo and many others advise us to meditate because it is one of the most powerful and ancient methods to rewire you back to the natural self.

Sometimes you meditate, other times you dance, there are no rules, creation is infinitely creative. You have the knowledge, apply it.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

There are other ways of doing meditation than just mindfulness / zazen / breath meditation.

You could try taking up self-inquiry instead. Maybe try starting a journal / commonplace book, or even a dream journal. Maybe spend more time in nature and allow your mind to settle there if you aren't already.

Self-actualization has many many component parts, sitting meditation is just one of them :)

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

I watched leo's videos for months without meditating but the more I watched the more I was inspired to actually do it, and then I started doing it after literally 6+ months of watching him and not doing it (atleast not doing it everyday). My favourite videos of his that got me inspired was, what is spirituality? life is a maze & What is God?. If you meditate unpurposefully then you're not meditating you're gonna fall off track. Contemplate why you want to meditate and allgin your heart with your reasoning and stop wasting your time thinking about it and just start doing it.