krockerman

Did Leo grew up in a religous Home?

97 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura when you grew up did your parents raise you with religious  believes? (Christian or jewish) if so When did you become an atheist before you found the real god?

1 hour ago, krockerman said:

@Leo Gura when you grew up did your parents raise you with religious  believes? (Christian or jewish) if so When did you become an atheist before you found the real god?

No, Leo’s parents were also atheist. He’s never been religious.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

My Mom was loosely religious. She read me Bible stories when I was young. My Dad was scientific/amoral/atheist.

My parents did not push any beliefs onto me. I was free to think as I liked.

I was a pretty firm atheist by middle school because Christian metaphysics seemed silly. But in high school I realized that atheism too was a position and technically groundless and unjustified. But still I assumed it was right because the origin of God was not explained by religion as I knew it back then.

I did not realize back then that it was possible for God to create itself.

Now I am able to explain how Christianity & God really work to my Mom. And she basically understands. At least conceptually.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My Mom was loosely religious. She read me Bible stories when I was young. My Dad was scientific/amoral/atheist.

My parents did not push any beliefs onto me. I was free to think as I liked.

I was a pretty firm atheist by middle school because Christian metaphysics seemed silly. But in high school I realized that atheism too was a position and technically groundless and unjustified. But still I assumed it was right because the origin of God was not explained by religion as I knew it back then.

I did not realize back then that it was possible for God to create itself.

Now I am able to explain how Christianity & God really work to my Mom. And she basically understands. At least conceptually.

Leo does your mom watches your video now? Is she also into enlightenment and all?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I think the hardest thing emotionally I struggle with in this work is the gap this work is creating between my family and I since I basically grew up with the most blood thirsty atheist family (not to mention emotionally traumatized from what we went through but that’s another bedtime story) and that I’ll never really be able to share this with those who loved me before anyone else. Keeps me up at night sometimes. 

Do you have a social life with friends, a girlfriend,  a dog, etc? Watch movies still? Play video games still? Are you just a normal person in person from the perspective of the average person?

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

I think the hardest thing emotionally I struggle with in this work is the gap this work is creating between my family and I since I basically grew up with the most blood thirsty atheist family (not to mention emotionally traumatized from what we went through but that’s another bedtime story) and that I’ll never really be able to share this with those who loved me before anyone else. Keeps me up at night sometimes. 

Sorry. :( Never say never, you can't know what will happen. Always keep your mind and heart open.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Sorry. :( Never say never, you can't know what will happen. Always keep your mind and heart open.

I’ll slip LSD in their water

5 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

I’ll slip LSD in their water

xD Ok, not that open-minded. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

I know that feeling, too. Whenever I try to talk about spirituality my parents think I'm crazy. I showed my mother Leo's videos about enlightenment and she got really mad about it and said I should better get some friends or a better job and gain more money instead of wasting my time. Indeed, really sad. It's nearly impossible to share these things with your friends or family if they are still stuck in their dream world. 

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

The ways you present is often aligned with solving your parents' most deficient blocks/limitations.  You fixed your parents' problems and your kids will fix you and your spouse's problems.  It's an interesting insight I had.  Of course each person comes with their own set of ideosycratic challenges as well like a dose of randomness added into each person/system.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Do you have a social life with friends, a girlfriend,  a dog, etc? Watch movies still? Play video games still? Are you just a normal person in person from the perspective of the average person?

I don't have a social life. Never cared to have one. It does not interest me.

I rarely watch movies these days. Hard to find good movies. Most of them are juvenile superhero crap. Occasionally Hollywood makes a good movie for adults. But that's like twice a year. The rest is popcorn spectacles & money machines, which I don't care for.

Occasionally I'll play a video game. When a good one comes out. But again, that's quite rare. Maybe once a year. I don't care for most games. It needs to be something original and deep or artistic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You still have a lot of time in your life left to explore social life.  No need to rush.  I'm only just now getting into building up my social life and I'm 41 years old.  It's almost like you gotta be ready.  It's like a new chapter.  A new field to explore as an explorer.  You probably still have other more interesting fields to explore before you find that one particularly interesting.  Nothing interests me more than social life right now because I've basically done almost everything but social life as a chapter in my life so far.  Well, not really, but you see what I'm saying.  Social life has a lot of challenges, interesting system issues/problems, and amazing rewards.  Social life is actually quite fascinating when you look at it from the perspective of a creator, explorer, and scientist.  I get fascinated by the interpersonal system dynamics and mechanics I'm formulating and attempting to optimize.  There's a logic/logos to interpersonal systems just like other systems if you can find it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@kieranperez @Billy Shears Applying spiral dynamics can be useful to help you deal with family members, it can help you filter out what you should and should not share. I like guessing where people are and occasionally throwing stuff out to gauge how they react and then I go from there. I'm lucky that my parents are both stage green but close to yellow so I don't have to be that careful. My dad occasionally entertains himself with stage turquoise stuff but doesn't quite believe that it's not just for his entertainment. 

I have some stage blue/lightly orange friends and we still connect just fine. 

Everyone has their weak spots. Everyone is searching in their own way. There are no real barriers to connection, they are just an illusion. 

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lives in Las Vegas, no social life. Huh? 

@mandyjw if you were conscious that you were all of reality would that bring you value?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@mandyjw if you were conscious that you were all of reality would that bring you value?

This is how people get blocked and locked by the Mind on the Path.  The Mind can help you but it can also lock and block you into your own self-created prison, your own self-created set of limitations.  The Mind is a double-edged sword if you don't know how to put the Mind in its place.

Edited by Joseph Maynor