GroovyGuru

Do I need to get Leo's life purpose course? Please Help!

5 posts in this topic

I'm a 21 year old college student, I only have 2 semesters left before graduating with a degree in finance. I don't really like my major whatsoever and it pains me to think about working in a corporate environment doing rather boring office work that I have no passion in at all. I don't think it would be wise to switch majors or stop pursuing my degree at this point because I'm already so close to finishing but I already know for certain that i want nothing to do with my field. 

The problem is... I really don't know what else to do. After taking a couple optimal career and personality tests, I've learned more about myself and realized some of my strength and weaknesses and some areas I may excel in. Having an INFJ personality type, some fields I could envision enjoying and doing well in are perhaps things like counseling, teaching, areas in psychology etc. But I just don't know what to do at this point because I'm already so far down the finance road. Ideally, I want to be doing my own thing (not working for others), or at least have some independence and freedom in my career where I can help others in some capacity (teaching students, counseling). 

Would Leo's life purpose course be of great help in my situation? It's getting to the point where I really need to stop screwing around and start figuring out my life.

There is only one way to find out :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You need to figure out what you want from life. The LP course is amazing for a starter but you certainly don't need it. It basically serves as a framework. You get as much as you put into it.

A simple(Not so simple) question like : "What do I truly want from life?" Asked repeatedly with great intent, focus and awareness can get you pretty far!:)

Also there are ressources that come with the course that are really great(Books and so forth - *Only recommendations*)

Sailing on the ceiling 

Lacking a college degree can become a significant handicap later in life regardless what the degree is in. Being so close to graduation, I'd probably stick to it even if you were never going to work in corporate. A lot of projection will be made on you if you don't achieve a high enough level of education. 

You can, of course, pave your own route without a college degree but having it may make things easier in the beginning. You are still part of the society that is heavily dominated by materialism and materialism demands tangible proof that you received an education. 

Regarding the life purpose, if you have the money, there is no harm in trying :) You can always refund it if you feel like you had no value from it...which is very unlikely tbh

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I just got done with it a couple of months ago and I can’t stress the importance of it. I’ve learned my core values, and streghnths, and I can’t stress the importance of learning these things in order to find out who you are. Not only do you figure out these things but also how to implement them into your life.