Ampresus

Patrick Star: A Funny Example

16 posts in this topic

Recently I have had many negative thoughts and it seemed like I was stuck, so I decided to try to laugh more. I started watching what I always liked: cartoons. In particular: Tom & Jerry and Spongebob Squarepants.

Now of course, I know, this is not related to any of what is being talked about on this forum. However, in one of Spongebob’s episodes.... Patrick seemed so content with literally doing one simple movement (see pic below). 

Now that got me thinking: I personally have not been very happy with my present state. I think negatively about most things, don’t find something easily fun and have simply put a hard time enjoying my activities  Patrick however clearly is just fine. This must have something to do with that “child-joy” everyone had when they were little. 

My question: How do I get to be Patrick? :P (How do I enjoy something so easy so much?)915EEA0D-6333-4E80-B717-FF4CEF85BA6C.jpeg

Contemplate "What is fun?" "What is funny?", eventually you might find you don't need to watch cartoons to laugh more and you can just create your own fun! Life becomes a cartoon! Hahaha!

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Hahaha, have you ever been drunk? can you think how do you think and what do you think at that mode? you're just a Pure Patrick so remember what was your way of thinking, perspective at that moment. try to internalize them when you're sober. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@hamedsf I am too young for alcohol and am actually not planning to start drinking when it’s legal.

Oh man, good times. I used to watch SpongeBob so much.

I literally spent all my savings on a SpongeBob teddybear back when i was a kid lol.

40 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@hamedsf I am too young for alcohol and am actually not planning to start drinking when it’s legal.

I didn't tell you to go out and get dead drunk but again practice consciousness work. try to deprogram yourself from the "social conditioning" and shoulds and shouldnts  

@hamedsf It’s not that man. Alcohol just doesn’t seem practical or beneficial to me. Neither do cigarettes. Just for health reasons man. I struggle with loneliness, and apparently that feeling of loneliness causes the same health damage as one pack of cigarettes per day (or something like that).

I want to try cigars though... they seem too cool. 

21 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@hamedsf It’s not that man. Alcohol just doesn’t seem practical or beneficial to me. Neither do cigarettes. Just for health reasons man. I struggle with loneliness, and apparently that feeling of loneliness causes the same health damage as one pack of cigarettes per day (or something like that).

I want to try cigars though... they seem too cool. 

I don't recommend cigarettes, try to be cool another way 

@Ampresus thank you so much for this post! That show is honestly genius, and Patrick was secretly woke o'clock. I'll never be too old for SpongeBob ?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

7 hours ago, Ampresus said:

My question: How do I get to be Patrick? :P (How do I enjoy something so easy so much?)915EEA0D-6333-4E80-B717-FF4CEF85BA6C.jpeg

Lose the concept of time. Stop thinking about the future and the past. Embrace the present moment for what it is.

Nice thread btw.

23 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Nice thread btw.

@Truth Addict ty for your answer and thanks for the compliment :) 

I´ve never seen Patrick judging other people or situations :) 

8 hours ago, hamedsf said:

Hahaha, have you ever been drunk? can you think how do you think and what do you think at that mode? you're just a Pure Patrick so remember what was your way of thinking, perspective at that moment. try to internalize them when you're sober. 

Yeah this is where alcohol is great for growth. Nice points. I try to do this whenever I drink with friends or family.