Schahin

If you become enlightened and you still get upset by criminals and corrupt system....

17 posts in this topic

Once you are enlightened and then live your normal life getting sometimes moaning or even getting upset about corrupt politicians, a flawed system and get disgusted by murderers and rapists. 

Is that ego or god?

If enlightenment is about accepting things and people as they are and realizing that everything and everyone is you then there shouldnt be a reason to get upset about anything or anyone. 

Edited by Schahin

Sure you can still be upset about these things. Ego would be thinking you are better then them in some way. God would be seeing them as you suffering. 'Oh me what a particularly silly way you are coming on today!'

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Schahin

If it's accompanied with suffering, then it's egoic.

There's nothing wrong with ego per se, except that it's just a limited perspective, not the whole view.

The question is: to what extent are we able to see reality beyond our personal biases? Of course, the more the better for both the individual and the collective.

An enlightened person acts from love and acceptance. An enlightened person can choose to change things for the better. Of course, the more aware and educated that enlightened person is, the more efficient they are at creating a better world.

Edited by Truth Addict

You are not really affected by much at that point

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Schahin Enlightenment is not about becoming something else. It's about knowing who you are and living it fully.

unborn Truth

@Schahin The enlightened being wishes to awaken the rest of humanity which therefore would move humanity forward.  The unconscious would be conscious.   If everyone were conscious that they were God there would no longer be rape or murder, or corrupt politicians.   

So how can the enlightened being help move humanity towards this goal?  In any way that they feel - teaching, writing, creating, etc.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ajasatya nobody can live it :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

6 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya nobody can live it :)

You can totally live it. It's the opposite of "ah, I don't know what to do with my life", "I don't enjoy my days" and other variants.

I'm extinguishing non-dual dialects and expressions from my speeches. They can take you only so far. After a while, the normal course is to outgrow them.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Schahin said:

Once you are enlightened and then live your normal life getting sometimes moaning or even getting upset about corrupt politicians, a flawed system and get disgusted by murderers and rapists. 

Is that ego or god?

If enlightenment is about accepting things and people as they are and realizing that everything and everyone is you then there shouldnt be a reason to get upset about anything or anyone. 

Indeed, there would be no reason left. All doing of "others" and all action done against yourself is done by the One. But this is not possible to accept as long as you identify yourself as something else than God or seperate from God. 

If you're getting upset, then you're not enlightened

if you're enlightened, then you're not getting upset at all

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

3 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

If you're getting upset, then you're not enlightened

if you're enlightened, then you're not getting upset at all

But what if it was the...

A master will never get upset for then he is no longer a master.

B R E A T H E

1 minute ago, pluto said:

A master will never get upset for then he is no longer a master.

A good student will surely put him to the test ?

As I heard from enlightened people is that emotions are observed and still rise and fall but there is no attachement so it doesn't linger and doesn't cause suffering.

@Schahin This is placing conditions upon enlightenment into an image of what enlightenment should look like. 

That’s like asking “if someone awakens to the ISness of Now, could they still experience frustration?” Of course, that is ISness just like joy and tuna sandwiches are ISness. 

In the context of personal development, there can still be underlying psychological dynamics that had been conditioned into the human mind and body. The mind and body may still experience anxiety and neuroses that involves work to resolve. 

However. . . I don’t mean to suggest that what I wrote here is true and it’s opposite is false. 

God is absolute acceptance of everything and so that is the enlightened perspective.

Ego is a resistance to what is happening.