Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody_Atzori

Is pasta bad?

7 posts in this topic

I know its got wheat, which is the devil. But, I'm 16 growing up in an intalian home and msot days I eat pasta for dinner. Should I protest? If I was really determined I could make my own dinner, but I already make two meals myself and I don't know what else to make. I have oats & a vegetable smoothie in the morning, a soup & salad for lunch, and dinner which is usually pasta or vegan curry, or something. What should I do?

Yeah wheat pasta is very bad for the gut, but I love the stuff so much so I eat brown rice pasta sometimes, which is better for you. My main rules for eating are avoid: all wheat/ bread (Gluten), processed sugar (I only use cane sugar), dairy, alcohol, soy, corn, eggs. Then I eat a rainbow of different vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds. You don't have to be as strict as I am (I have a autoimmune condition that causes a rash all over my entire body) but I do think one of the best rules you can follow for diet is "Eat the rainbow".  

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

It has too much carbs for me as a Type 1 diabetic.

If you find it unhealthy for whatever reason, but still like the meals you can use alternatives such as  http://skinnypastausa.com/

(Not sponsored)

I bought a zoodle maker and use that as pasta instead ? definitely not as good as regular pasta but way healthier. Just sauté for 2 minutes with fresh garlic and it’s done! Also a tip, if your parents aren’t making fresh sauce make sure you buy the sugar free jars. Pasta sauce can have a lot of extra weird ingredients so just check that it’s okay before you buy.

But if you do want regular pasta, just make sure it’s in moderation (like anything, really). Check the box for the serving size and measure it out so you don’t overeat.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

You don't need to eat 3 times a day, you don't need to eat nowhere near as much as most people do. One meal a day or two is enough for most people. Keep it simple, feel good, enjoy life :) Your body will adapt and will thank you for freedom in return you will free great :)

B R E A T H E

Consider buying a cookbook and try 2 new recipes every week. Once you exhaust what you like, buy another one. There are lots of recipes online but i personally still prefer cookbooks :) 

Seems like you already make a lot of good choices just need to add a bit more variety. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus