theking00

i want to destroy my ego

47 posts in this topic

Enlightenment= all my desires are gone.  I do not want money or girlfriend all i want is enlightenment  I do self inquiry everyday .

Edited by theking00

Good luck Man!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

You won't destroy it. But you can certainly transcend it. 

Who is the one who wishes to destroy the "ego"?

Also, do not seek to exit the dream... impossible. Infact, you will be more harmonious and fitted into the dream after enlightenment. I'm going to make a video soon about this, just because it's very important to not retract away from the dream, or to try to escape it. Because what that actually does is just creates deeper layers of the dream and drives you further into deception. The ego will want to exit the dream, and will try lots of things....it will Imagine itself being separated from the dream, not realising that it has just creates a new layer of the dream and it thinks it's out of the dream.

26 minutes ago, theking00 said:

Enlightenment= all my desires are gone.

That's flat out wrong.

Enlightenment = no more suffering as a human being.

It has nothing to do with your desires.

30 minutes ago, theking00 said:

I do not want money or girlfriend all i want is enlightenment

Meditate.

13 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Also, do not seek to exit the dream... impossible. Infact, you will be more harmonious and fitted into the dream after enlightenment. I'm going to make a video soon about this, just because it's very important to not retract away from the dream, or to try to escape it. Because what that actually does is just creates deeper layers of the dream and drives you further into deception. The ego will want to exit the dream, and will try lots of things....it will Imagine itself being separated from the dream, not realising that it has just creates a new layer of the dream and it thinks it's out of the dream.

there must be a way out of this dream.

@theking00 There is no way to destroy the ego that persists. Enlightenment will not destroy your ego but rather disidentify you from the ego.

Best ways to lessen/destroy the ego (all temporary)

Psychedelics, especially 5-MeO and DPT

Advanced Samatha meditation + adding loving-kindness on top of that

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

3 minutes ago, theking00 said:

@theking00 first of all, your currently dreaming that your in a dream. Your also dreaming that there is a way out of the dream that your imagining. But when you finally get to the point where you think "YESS I did it, I existed the dream." This is also dream. All that is possible is realization

And the only way to realize, is through meditation, self enquiry, phycedelics, retreats, contemplation. Surrender your knowledge, and find the one who observes. If you try to achieve enlightenment via knowledge alone, you will be worse off than before.

1 hour ago, theking00 said:

From the perspective of the human mind, the dream can transform. We imagine, give meaning, and construct memories. It can feel like leaving the dream, then realization may arise that we left one dream and entered another dream within a larger dream. 

It’s like saying “there must be a way out of ISness”. From a human mind that contextualizes what is, it sure does seem like what is is continually changing. Look around, what is now is different than what was yesterday. Yet there is also an unchanging IS in which there is no way out. Try to exit IS right now. Whatever you do IS. You can mediate, jump in a lake, hide, do drugs, feel great, feel awful, create thought stories of an ego, create thought stories of destroying those thought stories of an ego. . . and on and on. . . all IS. 

1 hour ago, theking00 said:

You should have taken the red pill.

Seriously though,Not wanting money is all well and good but there is something else your rejecting. You need to figure out what that is and integrate it. Why else would you want to escape reality?

1 hour ago, Solonius said:

You should have taken the red pill.

Seriously though,Not wanting money is all well and good but there is something else your rejecting. You need to figure out what that is and integrate it. Why else would you want to escape reality?

i want to escape this hell. 

8 minutes ago, theking00 said:

i want to escape this hell. 

Can you tell me one thing in your life right now that is not hell?

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Can you tell me one thing in your life right now that is not hell?

i love going hiking in nature but i can't function in society. Enlightenment is the only way out. 

Edited by theking00

Meditate bro and be serious about it, sit up straight and breath deep for 1h everyday, you will transcend the ego more and more and "destroy" the parts of yourself wish you don't need. But you have to let go of this desire to destroy the ego, it is the egos desire, instead be aware of the desire.

I do self inquiry and i have experienced some ego death.   

23 minutes ago, theking00 said:

i love going hiking in nature but i can't function in society. 

One of the ways my mind gets trapped is black and white thinking. By thinking “my life is hell”, suggests it is 100% hell. That there are only two places: hell or not hell. And I’m trapped in hell and want to be in not hell.

Realizing and accepting that my life is not 100% hell is a major breakthrough because it shatters the hell vs not hell trap. You just said there is something you love to do in life, so it’s not either hell or not hell. Now, the narrative becomes “my life is a mixture of hell and not hell”. This is a major improvement, because one can see there are parts of life they like and parts of life they dislike. This is a game-changer in narrative. Now one knows they are capable of loving life (at least aspects of life). This re-orients the mind and body. Perhaps the mind and body will desire to go into nature in which they love and reach deeper levels in nature they never knew possible. All sorts of possibilities can open when we are in this place of love. We might meet someone in nature that also loves nature. Perhaps an ecologist or bird watcher and we learn new things and get an even deeper appreciation of life. Perhaps we realize that we socialized pretty well in that scenario. Then we might think, “I’d like to go hiking with someone who loves nature”. 

Along the way, there will be resistance with thoughts like “I can’t do xyz. I’m not good enough with xyz”

It’s the same trap with the statement “I can’t function in society”. This again suggests 100% functioning in society and 100% disfunctioning in society. That isn’t true. It’s another lie. You can name one time or one moment you were functional. It’s more accurate to say that you are a mix of functioning and nonfunctioning. We all are. Join the club. 

Personally, I don’t have the best social skills. Sometimes I can relate to other people well, other times I can feel awkward and uncomfortable. I also love nature and often prefer to be out in nature solo than with people. Yet, I’ve also found I need a certain level of social engagement for well-being. Quite often this takes work and effort for me. I am a natural in nature, yet generally not a natural in social situations.