Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theking00

Is it possible to change my personality?

9 posts in this topic

The only way I can get a girlfriend is by changing my personality 

Edited by theking00

Yes, threw first realizing that you are actually just pure consciousness, then threw psychoanalysis you can chop threw the jungle of beliefs/ ideas about who 'I' am, eventually you can gain the ability to literally change your personality at will, but this takes a lot of work A LOT, don't pussy around with this stuff. Fear wouldn't be fear if the ego didn't fear it, so jump in the mess, feel your way threw. Cultivating love towards oneself is critical as well, love will melt threw all fear and self hatred.    

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

No. Accept yourself and love yourself 100%. You can not change your personality. It’s disingenuous and I have tried many times. Only pain and suffering will ensue when you realize how fake youve become. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles

Paradoxically this is also true, there are so many layers/ levels, all depends on where you are looking from. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

I've often asked myself the same question about how flexible our personalities are. Since I'm getting more in touch with that which is permanent in me (my neutral awareness of life), I'm starting to believe that our personality is not as rigid as most people think. When I'm not on "auto-pilot" and I tap into this neutral observer, I notice that I can potentially choose to embody lots of different personality traits. Maybe the choice is actually unlimited. 

This is why I think we can change our personality. However, we are usually so identified with specific personality traits which have been used so many times for so many years, that it would possibly be very difficult to completely change our personality. 

There may also be some innate traits. When you look at children and even babies, you notice there are usually temperamental differences. Some children, for instance, need more activity than others, some are more sensitive then others, etc. I don't know if these traits can be changed. 

2 hours ago, theking00 said:

Yes you can but it can't happen overnight or in a week or in a month. 

But you can do it by making lots of small changes and keep doing them over and over and over again. 

3 hours ago, theking00 said:

No!
Try viewing it from a different perspective. 

Do you NEED a girlfriend in the first place? if so, why? based on what? 

Its not your personality. Offcourse, i don't know you, but as already said above. ^
Accept yourself and love yourself 100%. Its hard at first but boy... when you reach that level. You start to feel you don't even need a girlfriend anymore. 
and its at that very moment you become attractive for a potential girlfriend!  

But don't use this just to get a girlfriend because the same kind of 'insecurity' or 'neediness' will pass through the backdoor, and you're back at square one. 

This all will take time, and its not always a nice experience.. But its worth it in the end. It makes life so fascinating and interesting.

Good luck man! You will meet your girlfriend for sure ;)! 

Ps. Just watched The Matrix this morning again after years.. With all the newly gained knowledge it blew my mind tenfold. What a masterpiece! 

Edited by MaxV

@theking00 If you have to change your personality to love someone... who is she really loving? 

And believe me. Your personality is not awful... I mean even Hitler got a girlfriend didnt he? ?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!