Viking

How to become conscious of the sublime?

43 posts in this topic

You should instead ask how do I become conscious of myself or God. The answer to your question due is simple, you should be aware of your own existence and not just in relation to the world, life or others but also with yourself. This is what I call self-awareness, which ultimately is the tool to realize yourself as God. Which again will fix your problem. 

4 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Mindfulness + self-inquiry. There's a Leo video with a guided neti-neti inquiry, try it.

i tried it for a few months, gave up on it due to no results and because the commitment was too high and i want other things more.

4 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Also unrelated, but do you exercise? For me it's essential for my well being, could be of help for you too. 

yeah, 3 times a week. it is essential to my well being as well.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

You should instead ask how do I become conscious of myself or God. The answer to your question due is simple, you should be aware of your own existence and not just in relation to the world, life or others but also with yourself. This is what I call self-awareness, which ultimately is the tool to realize yourself as God. Which again will fix your problem. 

i actually do that sometimes. "becoming aware of awareness", right? i do that sometimes during the day. its quite hard to become aware like that for a period of time, i can keep my awareness on it only a tiny moment and then my mind just goes blank. nothing extraordinary happened from that though yet.

@Viking Try becoming aware or conscious of what is aware of awareness. Inquire into it, contemplate it, put all your focus and attention to it. You were never born, this is merely a thought in your mind. You are eternal. ''You'' is a concept created by thoughts, memories, etc. Basically, ''you'' is a construct of the mind. 

46 minutes ago, Viking said:

i want other things more

The path to the sublime is clear. Perhaps a dream board is more in order? Don’t let the shadow of your life become your dream. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The path to the sublime is clear. Perhaps a dream board is more in order? Don’t let the shadow of your life become your dream. 

Didn't understand.

52 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

You don't have to do three hours a day or something. Even 20 mins, or even while you're going about your day, being mindful with labeling and doing neti neti to recognize you aren't anything in your experience. Goes a long way. Over months and years it adds up, and at some point you hit a point of no return. For me it totally changed the game. I would say you can't even really meditate properly or do any meaningful consciousness work without no self as a foundation. You're always stuck in the illusion of self, you can't let go, life can't flow. 

what's the difference between no self and enlightenment? i kinda know that the "me" is not really me, but im stuck at the conclusion that i just dont know what i am, i did inquire a lot into it. it also doesnt matter. There's still attachment in the mind to the self, but the mind also knows the self is a concept. Getting rid of attachment is a whole another matter, takes decades of work.

58 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@Viking Try becoming aware or conscious of what is aware of awareness. Inquire into it, contemplate it, put all your focus and attention to it. You were never born, this is merely a thought in your mind. You are eternal. ''You'' is a concept created by thoughts, memories, etc. Basically, ''you'' is a construct of the mind. 

I know that, but it doesn't imply that the "me" doesnt exist. all knowledge is conceptual, a construct of the mind, a map, but not the territory. but I cant prove there there doesnt exist a "me". I am only left with an "i dont know"

Edited by Viking

@Viking Well, this is a complicated matter. This is my take on this matter. You don't exist other than as God. Right now you are not conscious that you exist only as God. You think and believe you are not God simply because you have not become conscious of God and yourself as God yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

This is not an insult, we all have been in this state. This state is difficult to explain but somehow you must be able to see through it. I can't take you to ''I am God'' state or make you conscious of God, but you can. Only if you are willing to put all your effort into it.   

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Only if you are willing to put all your effort into it.

how can i put my effort into it if i dont know what "being conscious of god" means?

as far as im concerned there is awareness. i dont know if the awareness is of a soul or whatever in an outside world made of i dont know what, and i dont know if awareness is the only thing that exists.

You claim that I can realize that FOR A FACT that awareness is the only thing that exists and that is god. like I can prove with absolute certainty that there exists no outside world. im saying I dont know, and i dont know if i can know, and I dont know in the case that it's possible to know, how can I know. people say "self inquiry" but that's what im doing right this second, and this is the conclusion i got to, that I dont know.

Edited by Viking

30 minutes ago, Viking said:

Didn't understand.

You already know you can meditate, yoga, self inquire, retreats, trips, etc. You don’t want to do that, because there are things you’d rather do. Cool, do those things with all your reason, heart & will. Make a dream board and put everything you desire for your life on it. See it everyday, add to it, visualize the ‘already happened’ of all of it. Get it going in your subconscious, etc. Find a positive, feeling of ease and acceptance of all of it. Start feeling the inspiration of your own life’s dream. You’ll start noticing it is all already unfolding, as if by magic. If you find yourself a bit lost, perhaps down the road a little less than ultimately satisfied & fulfilled, there are always the practices. 

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

You already know you can meditate, yoga, self inquire, retreats, trips, etc. You don’t want to do that, because there are things you’d rather do. Cool, do those things with all your reason, heart & will. Make a dream board and put everything you desire for your life on it. See it everyday, add to it, visualize the ‘already happened’ of all of it. Get it going in your subconscious, etc. Start feeling the inspiration of your own life’s dream. You’ll start noticing it is all already unfolding, as if by magic. If you find yourself a bit lost, perhaps down the road a little less than ultimately satisfied & fulfilled, there are always the practices. 

thanks, I will do that "dream board" :) 

and yeah, that's why im pursuing those desires, to get to the higher ones :) 

what did you mean by this?:

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Don’t let the shadow of your life become your dream

@Viking Forget about the outside world and a soul for some time, focus on what YOU are. If your conclusion is I don't know, that's fine. You just need to continue. Continue, continue. 

@Viking Life can go by quick dwelling on whatever one dwells on. Things that have transpired, people who have come and gone, love lost, love won, grievances, resentments, etc, etc, etc....don’t be eighty years old and realize you never chose what you wanted nor pursued it. You don’t need the inspiration to choose btw, nor inspiration to make the dream board. You could do it even as a “task”, even a “chore” - the inspiration will come in the doing of it, in the having chosen to do it, it will feel wonderful and purposeful. You are at the helm, and this is your life. Everyone else has their’s, this one’s yours. Live it your way, on purpose. 

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@Viking Forget about the outside world and a soul for some time, focus on what YOU are. If your conclusion is I don't know, that's fine. You just need to continue. Continue, continue. 

okay, so concerning my topic of conversation with @Nahm, if i set a routine of self inquiry ill just quit it after some time because i dont really desire it. I dont really care to know what I am right now.

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Viking Life can go by quick dwelling on whatever one dwells on. Things that have transpired, people who have come and gone, love lost, love won, grievances, resentments, etc, etc, etc....don’t be eighty years old and realize you never chose what you wanted nor pursued it. You don’t need the inspiration to choose btw, nor inspiration to make the dream board. You could do it even as a “task”, even a “chore” - the inspiration will come in the doing of it, in the having chosen to do it, it will feel wonderful and purposeful. You are at the helm, and this is your life. Everyone else has their’s, this one’s yours. Live it your way, on purpose. 

aha, understood.

Edited by Viking

@Viking As Nahm said, it's your life. Do whatever you feel is good and right for you to do. It's up to you to decide what's best for yourself. :)   

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@Viking As Nahm said, it's your life. Do whatever you feel is good and right for you to do. It's up to you to decide what's best for yourself. :)   

yeah I guess I had some hope that I could understand "god" just by thinking about it rationally, but apparently you gotta think about it "rationally" for a really long time so it will change your state of consciousness, and not really give a logical conclusion. sorry for wasting your time :( 

Just now, Viking said:

yeah I guess I had some hope that I could understand "god" just by thinking about it rationally, but apparently you gotta think about it "rationally" for a really long time so it will change your state of consciousness, and not really give a logical conclusion. sorry for wasting your time :( 

That will never work, it will never change your state of consciousness and make you realize God. It will only further make you confused about God. Instead, become aware of what is aware of thoughts. I just had to point this out.

No need to say sorry bro. You didn't waste my time, I have more than enough time being here alone at home while my entire family is in Tyrkia. Haha

spend alot of time not doing anything, not stimulating yourself, not trying to find any pleasure or satisfaction from anything, just sit there, or walk there and accept how things are.  train your mind to percieve subtlety.  Sit in a calm room and just like stare at a wall and listen to nothing, things like that.

11 minutes ago, Conrad said:

No need to say sorry bro. You didn't waste my time, I have more than enough time being here alone at home while my entire family is in Tyrkia. Haha

haha okay :D 

@Mulky sounds interesting. Ill try :) 

31 minutes ago, Viking said:

The belief you need to change your consciousness is a bit self defeating and demeaning. It’s inherently divisive in that it implies there is a you (1) and your consciousness (2). “It” is already the fact, the actuality, you are already you, you = consciousness. You have never been nor will ever be other than infinite consciousness.  You are not a piece of, a lessor than, nor a state of - you are the infinite consciousness. It’s about realizing by letting go of all the beliefs and barriers you’re holding to the contrary of who you really are. It’s the beliefs / barriers / perspectives / choices / behaviors that change, not the consciousness (you). You are the unchanging consciousness aware of these thoughts, beliefs, and things that change. You are what knows these changes. Take comfort in that. Feel some right-now-peace in that. 

In manifesting (writing on a dry erase board), visualizing, and pursing your dream life, what you actually want.. some self doubts and fears will surface. These reveal the beliefs and barriers you have created about yourself & your world. This is what the practices are for. In purification of those falsities, those limiting barriers are released.

You can also, more directly,  do the practices, and these barriers and beliefs will arise. In feeling the sensations, and letting thoughts go - in ‘sitting with it’, you feel better, clearer, and more alive. This is then what your dream life is for. 

Do you see, there is no “understanding God”, in the sense you mention, and more so certainly not by more and more thinking? There is self discovery, self realization, self actualizing - words intended to point you back within yourself. Understanding “God” is further into abstraction, thinking, conceptualization. Understanding yourself is an abstractionless path of accountability, actuality, direct experience, going prior to, and letting go of, thoughts and ideas about self, God, and reality - thus surrendering false notions and ideas which result in self doubt, fear, etc. 

@Nahm cool :) thats the path i feel is more realistic and sounds more fun than to do self inquiry for decades. also im already on that path so yay

One finds the Sublime not through Rome, but  Nowell