Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
possibilities

Learning to Lucid Dream

25 posts in this topic

Feel free to share your insights, experiences, advice, lessons and so on.

I’ll begin training tonight, hopefully will accomplish my first lucid dreaming experience by the end of the week where from then on I make it a regular part of my routine.

You have dreams and significant numbers of them are recurring dreams. Collecting the signs of those dreams and categorising those signs will help you to induce your awareness abruptly, whenever they reoccur in your dreams they'll jar you awake inside dream.

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@possibilities talk to @elsde  according to him he can do it at will leveraging WBTB + MILD

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Do reality checks all the time, try stick your right index finger straight through the middle of your left palm...if you can do it, your probably dreaming...or on steroids haha

Focus on it for as long as possible before sleep then let it go and go to sleep. The more energy you put in something, the more likely it manifests.

B R E A T H E

How many of you have had a lucid dream on a will? And how much time did it take you to have the first one?

I've observed that becoming aware of the recurring patterns inside a dream can help you become lucid.

One technique that has worked extremely well for me, is to get about 6 hours of good deep sleep. Then, wake up and do something for a while, anywhere from like 5 to 90 minutes (yoga and/or meditation would be excellent choices). Then, go to bed with a strong intention to lucid dream and/or astral project (some say these are the same thing). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/05/19/want-to-experience-the-deep-mystical-sleep-of-our-ancestors-turn-your-lights-off-at-dusk/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5858d76115ca

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I had a lucid dream last night, first in a long time. It was a bit dark. I summoned a model I liek for sex and it wasn't enjoyable for me or her. She had this angry/scared look and I tried to have sex again with her and found the dream morph into something else in a similar setting but this time I was less lucid. I'm going to try and exercise control over my sexual desires while lucid and try to walk around next time and ask for strength and wisdom for when I'm awake. 

@possibilities if you need theory, search for daniel love's book "are you dreaming?" it's the best i've ever read on this topic.

i do paper journal, then comp the notes (+tags) at the end of the week, in a software called "cintanotes".

2 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

@possibilities if you need theory, search for daniel love's book "are you dreaming?" it's the best i've ever read on this topic.

i do paper journal, then comp the notes (+tags) at the end of the week, in a software called "cintanotes".

It's a great book

DEILD is amazing. Michael radugas "The Phase" indirect techniques are a cool take on DEILD. 

@possibilities One key for me is to have a dream journal near my bedside and set an intention to write down every dream. As well, to set an intention to remember the dreams as I fall asleep. I write down every fragment of dreams I remember and if I can’t remember I write about that too. This signals to the subconscious that conscious awareness of dreams is important.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This signals to the subconscious that conscious awareness of dreams is important.

@Serotoninluv Yes one must set an intention to stay aware of the dreams.

@cetus56 Last week my first reality check (blowing through the nose) worked and I became dream conscious. The dream involved military invading the town I lived in. I was like “If this is a dream, I can play along and then go all super hero , kick their asses and save the town.” But the stakes seemed so high. What if I’m wrong and it’s not a dream?  It wouldn’t work out well. I didn’t take the chance . . . 

I woke up and was like “really?? My first lucid dream is about confronting a hostile militia on my own and unarmed? What kind of twisted joke is that?”. How about something with a super model and a beach on Belize? 

@Serotoninluv Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and know that you were dreaming about something but you can't figure out exactly what is was? Then you realize the reason you can't remember is b-c the dream doesn't relate in any way to the waking state mind.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

How about something with a super model and a beach on Belize? 

Or being tied to a post while naked woman throw mini marshmellows at you. Ah maybe that's just me.

@cetus56 I’ve woken up and been unable to “catch” the dream. I hadn’t considered that one reason is it doesn’t relate to waking reality. Almost like dream tripping. I’m going to keep that in mind in the future as I try to catch dreams.

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Or being tied to a post while naked woman throw mini marshmellows at you. 

I’m heading to sleep now and can’t unsee that image. . .