kev014

The Core of Christianity Contradicts Act.org

90 posts in this topic

@jim123 My dude, for all you know, "Jesus" is the invention of someone's imagination ;)

Your are giving him too much authority.

It's Love.

@RendHeaven

Everyone in this forum seems to give Jesus authority. It's only atheists who want to deny Jesus altogether.

@jim123 I'm not suggesting that we should deny Jesus.

I am simply suggesting that he is a big question mark.

"Jesus," metaphysically, is an idea. All of his teachings are an idea.

You don't know if the idea of Jesus is any more real than the idea of Circe from the Odyssey.

Therefore, although these ideas may be insightful, we cannot be certain that one idea is the "most correct."

Anytime you claim that an idea is the "most correct," you yourself are the one granting it authority.

If you were perfectly honest with yourself, you would see that:

• There is no real authority behind any of Jesus' teachings.
  • There is no real authority behind any of Leo's teachings.

This leaves us in a tough spot where we do not have anywhere to turn to or any superior to cite.

Luckily, this is exactly where you must begin if you mean to seek Truth.

You cannot seek Truth so long as you place false authority on an idea.

Tl;dr: Is Jesus right? Nobody knows. Is Leo right? Nobody knows. Investigate both teachings personally.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@cetus56

That's faith. Faith trancends mind and beliefs.

Bible has a definition of faith: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

That doesn't sound all that mystical as you make it to be.

Anytime I hear Christanity and enlightenment being compaired I can't help but to think of Mooji's video "Christ Consciousness" to put things into perspective.

Christ consciousness is not a "shared" space. For it to be shared there would have to be two" -Mooji

Devil is a tricky word. It can definitely be misunderstood by newbies. Must be careful with it.

But it's also a fun word, it's provocative -- which can be good as times -- and once you understand what a devil actually is (by watching my What Is The Devil video) then it becomes a very powerful concept for making sense of the world.

It's important for newbies reach a point in their development where they realize, "Holy shit! I really am a devil, aren't I?" That takes maturity and honesty to admit. People who are in denial that they are devils are the biggest devils. Admitting you're a devil is already to have solved half your problems. This is the chief reason why I like to call people devils. It forces them to confront the fact that the devil is not an external force but an internal one. The ego loves to see itself as a hero and an angel. So telling an ego that it's the devil is very shocking and destabilizing to it. It's like poking a hibernating bear in the eye with a pointy stick.

Of course an even deeper understanding comes when you realize that all devilry is actually love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think the devil thing is cute but to me it’s got low utility. Sure the body can use it as consciousness content to fabricate some parameters to “watch out for” but you’ve made it far more real than it really is in the video, I’m sure this isn’t the case but it makes your image look like it lacks integration, I also noted logical consistencies and not because of “well that’s the wonders of paradox”. That’s just from an outsiders perspective relative to my consciousnesses reference frames. I’m not going to bite about it though that’s your own reference frame, biting would be undesirably contracting my own. To me it is a “newbie” term even though that word isn’t the greatest to me either. I guess religious types would eat it up though if they’re looking to change their meanings, I also need to take into account that you’re from the US, given the following there’s gotta be at least 80% of people polling as religious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_United_States

Edited by possibilities

People are white knuckle clinging to their conceptual beliefs using every form of mental masturbation reasoning to justify it, that is zen devilry.

It's not the person, a person isn't the 'devil', it's the attachment to the conceptual beliefs that is makyo.

With Christianity the 'devil' is the personification of evil, it isn't an actual person, it's the personification.

Both of these are creations of imagination and don't exist unless they are empowered by belief.

It seems some people conflate the two and call people who are trapped by zen devil as the personification of that trap themselves.

If one uses conceptual dualism to teach it results in more dualism, it doesn't transcend dualism.

Edited by SOUL

4 hours ago, jim123 said:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - Jesus, John 6:47

I realized that when Jesus said, "those who believe in me" he was talking about his teaching, those who believe in what he said. In his advice, those who believe probably will do what he says and "see" (direct experience) what he was talking about.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

People are white knuckle clinging to their conceptual beliefs using every form of mental masturbation reasoning to justify it, that is zen devilry.

It's not the person, a person isn't the 'devil', it's the attachment to the conceptual beliefs that is makyo.

With Christianity the 'devil' is the personification of evil, it isn't an actual person, it's the personification.

Both of these are creations of imagination and don't exist unless they are empowered by belief.

It seems some people conflate the two and call people who are trapped by zen devil as the personification of that trap themselves.

If one uses conceptual dualism to teach it results in more dualism, it doesn't transcend dualism.

I love running in circles too. When the concepts outlive their usefulness, lets drop them shall we?

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

Nice.

@Bill W Cetus56 is right.

Actualized.org is tailored to suit an atheist audience. Atheists pride themselves as 'scientific' and skeptical, they deny anything that cannot be experienced. If you tell them to believe you, they will immediately reject you out of hand. So, direct experience is your best marketing strategy.

In truth, belief and direct experience are the same thing, just another layer of illusion. God is beyond and before both of them, and It includes them. God is absolutely direct.

God is just God.

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Bill W Cetus56 is right.

Actualized.org is tailored to suit an atheist audience. Atheists pride themselves as 'scientific' and skeptical, they deny anything that cannot be experienced. If you tell them to believe you, they will immediately reject you out of hand. So, direct experience is your best marketing strategy.

In truth, belief and direct experience are the same thing, just another layer of illusion. God is beyond and before both of them, and It includes them. God is absolutely direct.

God is just God.

Whatever you say my man! 

16 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Whatever you say my man! 

I used to say opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has one.

@Leo Gura

The ego loves to see itself as a hero and an angel.

If I thought that I can become God-realized or 'enlightened' by my own works and achievements, then I would see myself as a hero.

16 hours ago, SOUL said:

it isn't an actual person

Its all relative and can be useful to describe something, can you describe an actual person?

Edited by Hsinav

@kev014 Your beliefs should coincide with what your direct experience tells you. Most mystical traditions' teachings can be confirmed by yourself.

Regarding esoteric religions; how would you know what to believe? Do you only believe that Muhammad didnt ride on a winged horse only because you are not Muslim? Do you believe that snakes talk because you are a Christian? If you know many of the stories in the Bible are bullshit, why do the ones you are uncertain of have any credibility?

Something to think about: you are a Christian because you were raised by a Christian family and/or you live in a Christian geographical area of the world. If you were born in Pakistan, this thread would be titled: "The core of islam contradicts act.org". True or false?

On 7/24/2019 at 11:22 PM, jim123 said:

@cetus56

Tell that to Christ then, because Christ liked belief systems.

I've watched a lot of videos of Act.org and a common theme that comes up in the videos is the idea that "belief is bad" and that everything in spirituality should be centered on direct experience (or otherwise you can become deluded by your fantasies). Or even the idea that you should have no beliefs whatsoever and that you should be in a state of mind in which you 'know nothing' (I think it was the video about radical open-mindedness).

That flies in the face of what Jesus taught. According to Jesus having beliefs is actually a good thing.

"And Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." - John 20:29

Jesus taught that believing on him (even if you haven't directly seen him) does not make you deluded, but that it actually makes you blessed. Do you want to be blessed? I do.

Here's another:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - Jesus, John 6:47

@jim123 actually, for the most part Christ was extremely rebellious with regards to religion. He constantly attacked the religious people and their human religion. Religion is man's own effort to reach God by good works. However this is the heart of satanism, if you read why God cast Satan out of his presence, it was because Satan tried to be like God...just like the religious people.

He went into the religious temple, whipped the religious people and flipped over tables to drive them out. He also declared that he would destroy their temple, which he did. Now, the only temple that exists...is your body. "Know ye not that your body the temple of the Holy Ghost?" 

The religious people are the ones who hated Jesus the most. They trust in their own works.

And also, Jesus did say that you should believe in him...but once again, you literally are Jesus. Do not miss this. If you miss this, you miss the entire point