kev014

The Core of Christianity Contradicts Act.org

90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it helps to explain things like Evangelicals who go to church every week for 20 years but have no idea what Jesus was actually pointing at and who behave the polar opposite of what Jesus taught.

It's important to understand that mainstream religions have been corrupted by devilry for thousands of years.

An Evangelical who thinks that God hates abortion and gays is precisely being a devil. God loves abortion and gays.

Does god like humans who hates gay and abortion ? 

2 hours ago, Angelite said:

@Leo Gura are you a Christian? Who are you to say things about Jesus that which you know not? Have you met him?

I am God. I invented Jesus. I invented Christians.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

Does god like humans who hates gay and abortion ? 

God loves all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it helps to explain

It perpetuates dualistic mindset by empowering the separation in demonizing others. It's the same thing they do and doing it back doesn't stop the wheel from spinning.

It is what it is and it explains itself.

There are people who are intolerant of those that don't share the exact same ideology and their behaviors are abusive in how they terrorize, brutalize and discriminate against them.

See how accurately I described the scenario so simply without moralizing.

@SOUL God loves devils. God doesn’t moralise.

It’s all God. Devils are God imagining they’re not God. Leo uses “Devil” in a precise way, not to call people bad. 

11 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@SOUL God loves devils. God doesn’t moralise.

It’s all God. Devils are God imagining they’re not God. Leo uses “Devil” in a precise way, not to call people bad. 

Oh look a sock puppet appears to defend the master, how quaint.... it's still dualism even if you want to feign cognitive dissonance on the moralizing.

Edited by SOUL

32 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It perpetuates dualistic mindset by empowering the separation in demonizing others. It's the same thing they do and doing it back doesn't stop the wheel from spinning.

It is what it is and it explains itself.

There are people who are intolerant of those that don't share the exact same ideology and their behaviors are abusive in how they terrorize, brutalize and discriminate against them.

See how accurately I described the scenario so simply without moralizing.

Whether you use it or not to perpetuate dualism and/or demonization is just a reflection of your own state of consciousness. If your explanation works for you, go for it! This is all mental scaffolding anyway. Different strokes for different folks. 

Just now, Shadowraix said:

Whether you use it or not to perpetuate dualism and/or demonization is just a reflection of your own state of consciousness. If your explanation works for you, go for it! This is all mental scaffolding anyway. Different strokes for different folks. 

So you are saying the dualism and demonization is a reflection of Leo's own state of consciousness... hmmm hah

I dont like when Leo calls someone a devil... Its a loaded word thats easy to misinterpret, why not use “survival machine” or “ego”.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@SOUL  every concept is dualistic. Every word points to a section of reality and simultaneously defines what is not that thing. If you’re going to speak you are going to be speaking in dualism. Devil is a useful concept if you will stop denying its intended meaning.

Truth is already true. Not saying anything doesn’t help beginners. How useful would a 90 minute video of Leo in silence be? There’s already plenty of silence! Concepts hook your interest and hopefully goad you into transcending them via practices / realisation.

The nondual truth is already true. Dualistic concepts serve as aids or stepping stones to transcend dualism for yourself. 

@Rilles ego and survival machine are equally tainted or misleading terms, as is God. One has to use the language that’s available. The essence isn’t in the words anyway. There’s no perfect word that wouldn’t spawn misinterpretation. 

3 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@Rilles ego and survival machine are equally tainted or misleading terms, as is God. One has to use the language that’s available. The essence isn’t in the words anyway. There’s no perfect word that wouldn’t spawn misinterpretation. 

What do you think offends someoone more? Ego or devil?

Edited by Rilles

That’s a very abstract question. It depends on the context: how the word is used / in what sentence, who is talking and who is listening, and on the speakers intent and the listeners interpretation.@Rilles 

which is more offensive, pig or Neanderthal?

1 minute ago, Jg17 said:

That’s a very abstract question. It depends on the context: how the word is used / in what sentence, who is talking and who is listening, and on the speakers intent and the listeners interpretation.@Rilles 

which is more offensive, pig or Neanderthal?

In this context Leo is standing as a teacher calling “unenlightened” people Devils. Do you think thats inviting? What if a rationalist watches his video for the first time? Is he gonna feel welcome or get triggered by the religious language?

Id prefer to be a pig. Less I become a slice of bacon. Atleast Im not extinct. 

If you believe every concept is dualistic it is dualistic.....for only you and those that agree with that belief. It's your mind that sees the dualism in it, it's not inherent in concepts, words, the world or existence.

A chair is a chair in concept, word and function but a banana isn't the opposite of it because a chair isn't a banana. Chair doesn't have an opposite, the absence of a chair doesn't exist, it's not a dualism.

Truth and true have opposites inherent in their definitions, like good, right and any of the morally loaded words. Sure, there are some dualities, there are some trinities, there is unity and all the other 'ities'. All perceived difference or separation doesn't form duality.

It's not surprising that someone would get caught in the conceptual trap of the consciousness' hierarchical mythos of deity when the mind has repeatedly been primed for it, some would call that makyo even.

Edited by SOUL

@Rilles He can’t appeal to every personality at once. Think of how many people weren’t interested even before he spoke about spirituality. Nothing could be inviting for everyone. Some will resonate and some won’t. 

It doesn’t seem like you’re criticising “devil” because it inaccurately describes the phenomena. You said it’s offensive and open to misinterpretation. I think those are the responsibility of the listener, not the speaker.

Edited by Jg17

@SOUL

Devil is a relative term. It doesn't necessarily mean judgement or morality.

Anything that opposes my devil, I call devil.

So, in Actualized.org context, anything that opposes Leo's worldviews is a devil.

In your context, calling people 'devils' opposes your worldview.

It's all relative to you.

The question is, credits to Leo's understanding relativism video: from what frame of reference is calling people devils necessary/unnecessary?

Edited by Truth Addict

@SOUL 

Everything other than a chair is the absence of a chair. 

Dual means two and “chair” implies theres something that is a chair and something that isn’t.  This isn’t the case for God.