Angelo John Gage

Are You TOO Hard on Yourself

25 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Commodent said:

@Farnaby  Yes, that realization of self-fulfilling prophecies can be very daunting. Partly I think because there are no obvious solutions, so it's easy to feel very trapped. The solution is really making it a non-issue, but it's very, very hard to see that because it goes against everything we're taught and it goes directly against how we perceive ourselves. It shouldn't be forceful either as you don't want to strengthen the habit of fighting with yourself. So it definitely requires a huge leap of faith. What has helped me in the process is reminding myself how neuroplasticity works and that it generally takes weeks or months to notice any change.

@Commodent Yes, I'm starting to experience how counter-intuitive the healing process is. Or maybe not counter-intuitive but against what the logical mind thinks is the best approach. 

What I find kind of scary when you realize how you greatly contribute to creating your problems and reinforcing your most profound beliefs is that it led me to the realization that for years I have been basing my identity around my problems (social anxieties, insecurities, fearfulness, etc.). 

This realization in turn "forces" you to make a decision: Am I willing to drop everything I thought was true about myself and others in order to stop reinforcing the beliefs that led to my problems in the first place? For me (probably my ego) the idea of taking such a big step out of my comfort zone is quite frightening. However, deep down I think it's what I need to do to stop experimenting anxiety, etc. 

@Angelo John Gage Thanks for your video Bro. I, myself, is a self-critical. If i ever fail into a plan or anything i want to achieve, I punish myself by saying nasty things about me. I will watch your video over and over so i can be aware of that self-punishing voice and see what happens from there. This will help me a lot. More powers Bro. 

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman  No problem, im glad it helped! Will we be able to COMPLELETELY remove this voice? no...but we can tell it to stfu and it will when we take charge of our mental space :)