Nivsch

How do you release your brain that get stuck in tough thoughts?

18 posts in this topic

What helps you the most?

I do the "Do Nothing" method a lot when i have days like this, but today the bad feeling refused to pass. Nothing 'external' happened in my life, its just the inner anxiety that appeared today.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Don't expect anything to pass, do nothing means just that "You do nothing." If an anxious feeling is there, let it be there as long as it wants. Just observe it as it is. Either way it's not going to be permanent, nothing in the universe is permanent except consciousness itself. 

And if you want the feeling to pass, as it will eventually either way, focus into it. Feel where it is in the body, feel for the edges and try to relax as much as possible into the center of it. Try to feel it as deeply as u can, be interested in at. If u do this it tends to resolve, and if it don't resolve be okey with it. 

Edited by Fishy

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

What helps you the most?

I do the "Do Nothing" method a lot when i have days like this, but today the bad feeling refused to pass. Nothing 'external' happened in my life, its just the inner anxiety that appeared today.

Fishy’s advice is good. Another thing you can experiment with is focus on positive sensations with your attention for a few minutes, if the mind happens to get bored or uninterested in the sensation put your focus to another one.  You may say oh but everything seems negative, but just scan around until something is interesting like a certain sound, a pulse in a body part, the rain, a reflection in the water, a taste, a pleasant memory  anything that generates a positive sensation  Also once you’ve created a positive sensation by doing one of these you can focus into the positivity sensation itself that arose

You may notice that as you do this your systemic experience will shift to a more positive  one. Once this happens drop the experiment and go about your day normally.   

I talk myself out it. You’ve created a habit of thinking like that, break the habit, reasons yourself out it. Also, the anxiety comes from something that happened in the past or you scared that something will happen in the future. Explore it, find exactly what thoughts are triggering it the most to understand where it comes from so you can deal with it.

I have an opinion on everything :D

15 hours ago, Nivsch said:

What helps you the most?

It is not a “given” that you will “have days like this”. Inspect your thought stories about yourself which creates such days.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

It is not a “given” that you will “have days like this”. Inspect your thought stories about yourself which creates such days.

Everytime (or at least i think that everytime) when I have a day of a relatively excitement and over physical energy - there is also a day of payoff - after few days of after even a week - when i feel anxious and "wrong" in my emotions. In the past it was also a month of 'high' (relatively) and then a month of anxiety. Maybe i have Cyclothymia i dont know. OCD I know i have.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

observation is enough, but sometimes negative thoughts or feelings are trying to give us a specific message.

for example, when I'm not doing the things that I'm supposed to do, I feel like that I'm on edge. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

5 hours ago, hamedsf said:

observation is enough, but sometimes negative thoughts or feelings are trying to give us a specific message.

for example, when I'm not doing the things that I'm supposed to do, I feel like that I'm on edge. 

What do yo mean by 'on edge'? 

And what things you supposed to do? Can you give an example?

@Nivsch I mean when I'm not doing the things that I'm supposed to do (for example necessary actions for my near future) , I feel that I can't sit down (due to stress) but once I'm done with my work (enough for that day), I feel the relief of stress. For that reason, I say that every negative feelings "inside" carries a specific message or a lesson inside, and it wants us to line up with our inner self-agenda for our own life.

Absolutely, being present and observation (without judgement) are the bestest things that can be done especially in the times of experiencing negative feelings/thoughts/emotions.

Being just Aware of the thought pattern for a long while will make that collapse (the power of awareness!!) but to make it faster, you should come up with reasons why that thought pattern is wrong.

Hope you got the point!

9 hours ago, hamedsf said:

@Nivsch I mean when I'm not doing the things that I'm supposed to do (for example necessary actions for my near future) , I feel that I can't sit down (due to stress) but once I'm done with my work (enough for that day), I feel the relief of stress. For that reason, I say that every negative feelings "inside" carries a specific message or a lesson inside, and it wants us to line up with our inner self-agenda for our own life.

Absolutely, being present and observation (without judgement) are the bestest things that can be done especially in the times of experiencing negative feelings/thoughts/emotions.

Being just Aware of the thought pattern for a long while will make that collapse (the power of awareness!!) but to make it faster, you should come up with reasons why that thought pattern is wrong.

Hope you got the point!

Yes its true I agree, but there is a trap here. Because if you listen all the time to the toughts and do wha they want you to do (to allign with your agenda) the cycle will be preserved and always return and you will never be able to really relax.

And in the other hand, if you won't listen to the ego agenda, and to it in a more calm way, the ego will be alarmed and you will have more anxiety (thats what you said in the first message).

So what to do? Im a bit confused.

Edited by Nivsch

On 22-7-2019 at 11:13 PM, Nivsch said:

What you resists persists.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:03 AM, Nivsch said:

Everytime (or at least i think that everytime) when I have a day of a relatively excitement and over physical energy - there is also a day of payoff - after few days of after even a week - when i feel anxious and "wrong" in my emotions. In the past it was also a month of 'high' (relatively) and then a month of anxiety. Maybe i have Cyclothymia i dont know. OCD I know i have.

That rollercoaster is happening as states, within you. You are not on the rollercoaster actually, as you are aware of it. Meditation every morning, and again in the afternoon, will change your entire outlook and life. Meditate, letting ALL of it go. All these things are happening within the infinite peace you truly are. Self discover. Meditate. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

And in the other hand, if you won't listen to the ego agenda, and to it in a more calm way, the ego will be alarmed and you will have more anxiety (thats what you said in the first message).

So what to do? Im a bit confused.

Great question!

Yes, it's tricky, but let me make a fine distinction here.

By doing more meditation and observation (once it happens), you take control of thoughts pattern/feelings/emotions, etc, yes, the negative things will vanish (if done correctly) but don't forget the right message behind it (which is aligning you with what you want in life)

You still have desires in life and you should fulfill them, right? But this doesn't mean you're enforcing the malicious mechanism of the EGO (If you're doing consciousness work properly alongside) 

Maybe the message of the pain and suffering or anxiety is to force you to remove something that you don't want in your life or follow your passion.

But again, I'd say that following desires isn't counterproductive, for instance, one decides to do consciousness work and then he decides not to have sex or have a girlfriend because he thinks that that is against consciousness development but he doesn't understand that this very limiting belief is unconsciousness per se. or the spiritual seekers let go of their material life purpose and they wonder why they're feeling desperate despite doing hardcore practices. everyone should know that Not fulfilling the needs of EGO has ALSO negative consequences.

All in all, I should say that following joy and fulfilling desires invites you to higher vibrations which will subsequently contribute to your consciousness growth so maybe, at first sight, you're serving your EGO (which is you, yourself) but it's deeper than that and helps your overall well-being in terms of psychological progress. 

Edited by hamedsf

15 hours ago, hamedsf said:

Great question!

Yes, it's tricky, but let me make a fine distinction here.

By doing more meditation and observation (once it happens), you take control of thoughts pattern/feelings/emotions, etc, yes, the negative things will vanish (if done correctly) but don't forget the right message behind it (which is aligning you with what you want in life)

You still have desires in life and you should fulfill them, right? But this doesn't mean you're enforcing the malicious mechanism of the EGO (If you're doing consciousness work properly alongside) 

Maybe the message of the pain and suffering or anxiety is to force you to remove something that you don't want in your life or follow your passion.

But again, I'd say that following desires isn't counterproductive, for instance, one decides to do consciousness work and then he decides not to have sex or have a girlfriend because he thinks that that is against consciousness development but he doesn't understand that this very limiting belief is unconsciousness per se. or the spiritual seekers let go of their material life purpose and they wonder why they're feeling desperate despite doing hardcore practices. everyone should know that Not fulfilling the needs of EGO has ALSO negative consequences.

All in all, I should say that following joy and fulfilling desires invites you to higher vibrations which will subsequently contribute to your consciousness growth so maybe, at first sight, you're serving your EGO (which is you, yourself) but it's deeper than that and helps your overall well-being in terms of psychological progress. 

Thanks a lot. your answer is great and very resonates with me. You say that doing also what the ego wants - will help me grow more efficiently (because more basic needs are fullfiled)?

3 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Thanks a lot. your answer is great and very resonates with me. You say that doing also what the ego wants - will help me grow more efficiently (because more basic needs are fullfiled)?

MY PLEASURE! :)

Yes Exactly! 

don't confuse yourself with the concept of "EGO" all the time, don't separate it, EGO is YOU, don't you wanna serve yourself? what do you want and what are your desires? 

check out your basic survival needs > food, shelter, sex, comfort

then check out the other level of needs > companionship, relationship, romance, love, respect, career, education, passions, excitements 

a MODERN master of consciousness is someone who makes progress both in physical and metaphysical aspects! 

@Fishy @Mu_ @Nahm  Not easy but i'll try and update :)

30 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

MY PLEASURE! :)

Yes Exactly! 

don't confuse yourself with the concept of "EGO" all the time, don't separate it, EGO is YOU, don't you wanna serve yourself? what do you want and what are your desires? 

check out your basic survival needs > food, shelter, sex, comfort

then check out the other level of needs > companionship, relationship, romance, love, respect, career, education, passions, excitements 

a MODERN master of consciousness is someone who makes progress both in physical and metaphysical aspects! 

So we have to de-constract the duality of spirituality and ego, to Spirituality (with capital S. I adding now a new one to Leo's duality videos) which incorporates, alternately, the ego too!:)

Its 'just' a new nonduality insight, but for me its a Hugh one. I glad we talked.

Edited by Nivsch

One of the things I know that really helps me is simply novel experiences. Visit different places, different people. Continuous new experiences for me more likely creates a juxtaposition in my brain that forces me to synthesise the positions in order to arrive at new conclusions and in doing so, new thoughts that break away old patterns.