Bryanbrax

Is this what awakening feels like ??

54 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Ok cool, so it's normal. 

When you are alone you can easily bask in it. When you are at work and around people you have to hide it. It is such immense Joy. 

You can even feel how "something" changes your mind. Head wants to explode.

?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

14 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

When you are at work and around people you have to hide it.

I spend most of my time alone. If I worked at Starbucks, yeah, maybe I'd have to hide it. I'm fortunate in that regard.

Most days there are moments of such deep love and profound understanding that tears cannot be stopped.

For me this whole thing is not just about the state of consciousness but the profound understandings that pour nonstop. Reality is understood at higher and higher levels. Everything becomes so interconnected. I can watch a guy flick his cigarette out of the car driving at 40 miles per hour, catch a quick glimpse of the cigarette as it bounces off the asphalt and realize that in that cigarette butt lies an entire universe, as deep and infinite as the celestial universe our astronomers explore. Stuff like that all day long.

I think there's quite a range of variability in how people experience nonduality. For some it will be more heart-centered and feeling-based, for others more head-centered and intellectual, for other more visual, for others more visionary, for others more wacky & paranormal, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yeah. I cry everyday ever since. Once I cried when I was looking what Milk to buy at the store. It's just.... 

Ok This warms my heart. Let there be light. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's hard to say. For me, the awakening experienced on 5-MeO-DMT represents the purest form of nondual consciousness. I'm not sure what it takes to turn that into an unbroken state. It's total God-mode. You would be a walking God with that level of consciousness and you would transform the entire planet simply through the power of your presence. You could look a charging elephant in the eye and get him to bow before you. It is truly superhuman.

At that level I could no longer teach verbally. My teaching would be to walk around town blessing crowds of homeless people, children, and throngs of followers, and performing miracles. Grown men would be brought to tears from the radiance of my love. Birds would land in my hand.

People would write myths about it a 1000 years later.

I am nowhere near that level.

Very interesting insight. I do wonder about one thing (having never done 5-MeO myself) thought. Have you tried enacting actual change on your immediate environment while on the substance? I have not experience such an extreme level of non-dual consciousness, as you call it, but since you have while on the drug, did you observer your environment to change in a meaningful way, brought about by your state or desire while tripping?

I have observed change taking place through the power of will alone. Specially internal change in the workings of the body. For example, while meditating, the intensity of energy vibrations within the body can be heightened and lessened simply through willpower. This energetic activity can then clear literal blockages in the body - for example the nasal air pathways. In other cases, i know of "gurus" whose energetic field is so substantial that it is contagious and causes all sorts of psychic phenomena in others.

So having experience such a high degree of energetic intensity while on DMT, would you say that you have managed to alter your environment in objective ways through the power of will alone? Changes that persist when you come down the trip? 

18 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

So having experience such a high degree of energetic intensity while on DMT, would you say that you have managed to alter your environment in objective ways through the power of will alone? Changes that persist when you come down the trip?

Not so much on 5-MeO-DMT.

Although during my highest dose trip I had such a massive heart opening and kundalini activation that it shot out of my fingertips like invisible Jedi force lightning and pealed the skin on my fingertips, which remained pealed and cracked for a few weeks and took time to heal. It was a very overwhelming experience. Too much God too fast.

On DPT, however, I have more visionary abilities. Like I described in some of my recent blog videos, I experimented with performing healing on myself and even healing the collective consciousness of mankind as a whole. DPT is a better tool for that. I'm still trying to figure out how it work. Seems like performing miracles is possible with it.

I suspect that to be able to preform miracles one needs to have or somehow develop extraordinary, superhuman visionary capacity more so than just pure nondual consciousness. These seem to be distinct aspects of consciousness which can be developed independently, or perhaps together synergisticly.

I think it may be possible to actually tap into the collective consciousness of an entire species and modify the trajectory of its evolution through one's will. Of course at this level of consciousness it's not your human will, it is the Will of God at work creating the entire universe. It's very hard to explain because it is utterly nonlinear and beyond words or any kind of human logic. Ordinary laws of cause and effect don't apply there. I have much more exploring to do there to make sense of how it works. Seems promising so far. Of course no one will believe it. It's hard to believe even as you're doing it. To the human mind it seems nuts and impossible.

My theory is this: if you want to perform a miracle which objectively registered in other people's mind, you have to actually tap into the collective consciousness of all sentient beings and make the change at that level. Because the physical world has to be consistent across individual minds. You can't just change a thing for one mind but not another.

@Leo Gura Very interesting. I can't quote them accurately out of memory, but there are several passages in the book Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi regarding miracles (specifically Jesus's miracles). One thing that i found very interesting was Ramana's insistence that Jesus could not have been aware of himself as Jesus while performing healing.

21 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Jesus could not have been aware of himself as Jesus while performing healing.

That makes perfect sense to me. He'd have to literally be God, tapped into enough of God's mind to be able to reimagine a person's disease. I suspect it would be sort of like hacking into the central database of a massively multiplayer game and erasing a couple of files, so that that change propagates to all the client machines.

It would require an enormous amount of consciousness. It would be very dangerous if such things were allowed to anyone but the purest of souls. Your intent has to be totally pure and selfless. At that point it is not right to even call it your intent or your will, it becomes the intent of the Universe and that is why it would end up working -- because it really isn't a personal wish at that point, it is the very creative force which spawns "physical reality".

This is definitely way beyond your run of the mill Neo-Advaita enlightened people. They are not conscious enough to do such things.

I also suspect that Jesus may not have been human. Giving him access to another league of spiritual powers.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It would require an enormous amount of consciousness. It would be very dangerous if such things were allowed to anyone but the purest of souls.

In the Bible Jesus curses a fig tree and it withers, and somewhere studying Gnostic texts I read something about him killing other children as a child.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nzn5zd/baby-jesus-was-kind-of-a-dick

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

In the Bible Jesus curses a fig tree and it withers, and somewhere studying Gnostic texts I read something about him killing other children as a child. 

Yeah, apparently Jesus had quite a temper as a young teen. If the stories are to be believed.

The story says he got upset at one boy and I think may have killed him or cursed him or something.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, of course psychedelics cause your visual field to melt. That's what you call distortions. This is mostly a distraction. It's a cool effect but not too spiritually significant. Focus on probing the luminosity instead.

What's really happening is that the psychedelic is lubricating your mind, softening it up from its usual concrete stranglehold. As the mind softens up like warm clay, it becomes malleable, wavy, and flexible.

Taking a psychedelic is like melting an ice cube from solid to liquid to gas.

As your mind becomes more liquid your visual field starts to melt. It becomes unstable, giving you access to Infinite Imagination. This is why you start seeing faces in the carpet and so forth. As the mind becomes more fluid your literally start to materialize your thoughts. If you think of demons you will start to see demon faces in the carpet, and so forth.

Totaly what I explained to a friend It's good to read you rewording things. I agree on everything. But did you use Mexican types ? They were absolutely not like others more euphoric and into reality. More strong than LSD. My entire expérience of reality was melting and distorded I could feel a control over the speed of Time with my mind' and everything was slow mo and saturated like a Tarantino movie.

Truth is I smoked weed on it. And I think it makes the trip more visual & funny & less ' ultra conscious'

Edited by Aeris

6 minutes ago, Aeris said:

But did you use Mexican types

I actually don't know the exact species of mushrooms I took. But it also happens on synthetic psychedelics like LSD or 4-AcO-DMT.

Distorting the visual field are what psychedelics are best at.

@Leo Gura

tapped into enough of God's mind

Recently I've been reading some of Jung's work, specifically Aion: Researches on the Phenomenology of the Self  (vol. 7 of collected works). He refers to God's mind as the collective unconscious (actually uses the terminology "God's mind"). It's quite illuminating how extensive his conceptual understanding of it is and how he can practically utilize it to cure people's psychological trauma (which often happen when people become conscious of unconscious projections without being able to properly integrate this newfound information into their daily lives) . Jung however, adamantly defends the Ego, and considers it to be an inseparable aspect of the Self rather than a clear cut segment of it that should be transcended or annihilated (basically, the Ego or conscious awareness + the collective consciousness + the personal/collective unconscious makes up the totality of the Self). To him, a faulty Ego (whether disproportionately expanded or contracted) is synonymous with psychological dysfunction. In other words, to Jung, a person who loses his sense of conscious being by completely dissolving it in the unconscious (which according to him, is the case with the prophetic/miracle-working types) is a psychic disease, even though the people themselves might not believe it to be the case. He believes that it is a symptom of improper individuation. 

This view sits in total contrast with the Ego-annihilationist school which believe that the Ego has to be completely transcended for "enlightenment". These are the people who adamantly refuse to acknowledge the relative reality of concepts and phenomena. The people who are completely on the Absolutist side of the spectrum.

What are your own thoughts about this issue? Which viewpoint is more truthful? 

7 minutes ago, Ero said:

I see that you no longer hold restrictions concerning the reception of your content

I think I've scared the bejesus out of all the materialists in the audience by now :P

7 minutes ago, Ero said:

Will there be more content of that type?

Probably. I try to keep the woo-woo stuff to the blog.

Some added context for the post above:

To Jung the correct answer to the problem of the unconscious is proper individuation. That is, correct understanding of the God's Mind as opposed to surrendering to its whims. Theoretically, this results in a healthy, happy and functioning individual. He is not arrogant enough to believe that a complete map of the unconscious is possible (due to the it being infinite, and due to the fact that understanding the whole as the part is impossible) but he also believes that it will always be possible to detect unhealthy signs of Egoic repression/expansion in enlightened individuals, even if the subject is Jesus himself. I've heard the same theory (integration after enlightenment rather than pure egoic annihilation) by other people as well, for example Teal Swan. 

Edited by FoxFoxFox

19 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

What are your own thoughts about this issue? Which viewpoint is more truthful?

I would not trust Jung as a source of deep authority about matters of awakening because I do not consider him to be deeply enlightened, regardless of his other valid insights and wisdom.

The "ego" is a bit tricky and clumsy here. We have to be careful how we define that term because it can refer to various things depending on who's using it.

From my experiences, the sense of human sense is a total illusion. The most enlightened people should have difficultly even distinguishing themselves from another human or animal because their consciousness is so universal. At my highest levels of consciousness I could not even understand how I ever thought I was born as a human. It just didn't make sense because it was so patently false & imaginary. And this was definitely not a pathological state. This is the most beautiful and profound thing ever.

What happens at the highest levels of nondual consciousness is that the ego collapses and you become the entire Universe. Every movement of the Universe is your movement and Will. Every molecule in your hand is materialized into being by your Will (God's Will). For example, I once picked up a stray black hair from an ex-girlfriend on my carpet and I was fully conscious of how I designed that hair using my Infinite Intelligence, and how I designed my ex-girlfriend. But this cannot be communicated in any linear fashion whatsoever. The only one who can know these things is God. You must be God to understand it. A human cannot understand it.

I think becoming God cannot be a disease if you do it properly. There can probably be many pathologies along the way as the ego-mind refuses to fully surrender and integrate.

Probably the biggest danger at this point is that you can become so conscious that you just leave the body and merge into total undifferentiated Infinity. Maha-Samadhi. But I think this would be a conscious choice, so you newbies don't worry about it.

@Leo Gura

From my experiences, the sense of human sense is a total illusion. 

In your understanding, then, what exactly is this "human sense"? What is it and how is it felt/perceived? I'm asking for its subtle forms to bring into consciousness so they can be properly integrated or annihilated. 

I don't mean conceptually because that is easy to see through, but i cannot find this sense otherwise - other than somatic feelings that are directly experienced which give us the notion of being the body - which again, is very easy to see through as illusory. For me, It's just as easy to accept the notion that my being is the totality of my experience and not centered around the body - this evolves from theoretical knowledge to practical experience in mediation where the center of being dissolves and moves from "behind the eyes" to the totality of being (kinda like a multi sensory media experience, where every sense is just the self and not belonging to separate parts).

The issue then, is that if spiritual teachings are to be believed, an experience like this is supposed to irreversibly result in awakening ("in a snap," etc.), but this has not been the case like in your own case (at least if i understood you correctly). There have been extended periods like that, but perpetual returns to that mode has not made it permanent. I judge "enlightenment" by feelings of peace, weightlessness, and absence of "auto-pilot egoic life", btw.

also, how do you define the Ego?

Edited by FoxFoxFox

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I also suspect that Jesus may not have been human. Giving him access to another league of spiritual powers.

Do you mean in the sense that he was a non-physical being from a much higher dimension who "took on" a human form for the sake of uplifting humanity / performing miracles? Or that he was an extra-terrestrial from a more evolved race of people on a different planet?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Leo Gura Why do you call it pure consciousness if sensations and visual field is still there? 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Apparation of Jack Angels = aliens. Same thing. You can create all kinds of weird appearances in order to help you awaken as one with it all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You would be a walking God with that level of consciousness and you would transform the entire planet simply through the power of your presence. You could look a charging elephant in the eye and get him to bow before you. It is truly superhuman

Wow. I have seen paintings of elephant bowing to Buddha. I think it's a motif in Buddhism.

images.jpg

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy