Bryanbrax

Is this what awakening feels like ??

54 posts in this topic

NOT AT ALL, SON! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE OR ILLUSTRATE AWAKENING AND ENLIGHTENMENT! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Awakening feels like the word itself, Awakening, Waking up from a dream. Like when you wake up in the morning and realize oh.. it was all a dream.

B R E A T H E

@Bryanbrax Too many wacky visuals in that video -- gives the wrong impression.

Think of it as nothing changes visually. Just awareness increases and sense of self collapses or expands.

It feels like being hyper-present. You become so present & aware that you literally see through the substance of physical reality. What once looked physical now seems like a hologram. Physical objects appear empty, like a hallucination or a mirage. You can see them still, but they lack reality. It can also feel like the air got sucked out of the room. Everything becomes crystal clear and luminous.

It also feels like divinity and pure magic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Think of it as nothing changes visually. Just awareness increases and sense of self collapses or expands.

It feels like being hyper-present. You become so present & aware that you literally see through the substance of physical reality. What once looked physical now seems like a hologram. Physical objects appear empty, like a hallucination or a mirage. You can see them still, but they lack reality. It can also feel like the air got sucked out of the room. Everything becomes crystal clear and luminous.

@Leo Gura The hyper present, crystal clear, luminous and magic aspect reminds me a lot of what shrooms feel like for me.

Would you say it’s a similar sensation?

@Farnaby Yup

If you probe deeper into what that luminosity actually is, you'll discover it's pure Emptiness, Nothingness, or Void. That is the Groundless Ground or Buddhamind. Your Original Face.

Mushrooms make you very aware of this Void. Basically all psychedelics do.

Technically it's not a sensation. It is Truth or Pure Consciousness. You gotta probe deeper into it next time you trip. Contemplate: What is this luminosity? while you trip. You will eventually realize that it's totally empty and indistinct. This is pure existence devoid of form. This is the Absolute Formless, the Godhead.

BTW, this luminosity is present right now in your direct experience! The Now IS pure formless luminosity!

So you don't even need to be tripping on mushrooms to access it. It's always here and NOW. Mushrooms just make it easier to notice.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Farnaby Yup

If you probe deeper into what that luminosity actually is, you'll discover it's pure Emptiness, Nothingness, or Void. That is the Groundless Ground or Buddhamind. Your Original Face.

Mushrooms make you very aware of this Void. Basically all psychedelics do.

Technically it's not a sensation. It is Truth or Pure Consciousness. You gotta probe deeper into it next time you trip. Contemplate: What is this luminosity? while you trip. You will eventually realize that it's totally empty and indistinct. This is pure existence devoid of form. This is the Absolute Formless, the Godhead.

BTW, this luminosity is present right now in your direct experience! The Now IS pure formless luminosity!

So you don't even need to be tripping on mushrooms to access it. It's always here and NOW. Mushrooms just make it easier to notice.

@Leo Gura Thank you! I’ve only tried mushrooms and truffles a couple of times, no other psychedelics, that’s why I used them as an example. 

Yes, I have also kind of experienced something similar without psychedelics but it usually fades easier, whereas psychedelics deliver a raw and unfiltered (or at least less conditioned) experience. 

Another difference is with mushrooms there were some  distortions involved (such as the clouds morphing faster than usually). Maybe they always do and it’s just that I don’t usually notice it so clearly, but then again what I see even in a meditative state is not the same as in an altered state of consciousness. 

15 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

with mushrooms there were some  distortions involved

Yes, of course psychedelics cause your visual field to melt. That's what you call distortions. This is mostly a distraction. It's a cool effect but not too spiritually significant. Focus on probing the luminosity instead.

What's really happening is that the psychedelic is lubricating your mind, softening it up from its usual concrete stranglehold. As the mind softens up like warm clay, it becomes malleable, wavy, and flexible.

Taking a psychedelic is like melting an ice cube from solid to liquid to gas.

As your mind becomes more liquid your visual field starts to melt. It becomes unstable, giving you access to Infinite Imagination. This is why you start seeing faces in the carpet and so forth. As the mind becomes more fluid your literally start to materialize your thoughts. If you think of demons you will start to see demon faces in the carpet, and so forth.

@Leo Gura I dont feel/see half of what you are saying i saw some on enlightement experiences now i only see that me everything is product of "my" mind and only emptiness silence is present everything else is the same...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf Meditation is da wae. Bok. ❤️?️‍♂️

You can be your "original Face". You do not need drugs so do not get discouraged. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

Is this a perpetual state for you?

@zeroISinfinity Although i agree with you, everyone has their own path and sometimes that path is required for them to make it to the next level (so to speak) from there they will naturally be directed to meditation and such things because before they had no motive or sight to do so.

Sometimes we need acceleration and more of an emergency universal slap in the face. A true master no longer requires substances but a true master does not judge or say substances are wrong and meditation is better either.

This is why i disagree with Sadhguru and Mooji when it comes to psychedelics but agree with Bashar because he is completely non-judgmental about how you choose to live and experience life.

I like he's way of putting it: All tools, all rituals, all ideas, all concepts are "permissions slips" we use to be more of ourselves. We ultimately do not need any of them but many don't truly know/see themselves as god at all times to do so.

For example: Many people who channel, need an idea of an "other" or "higher dimensional" entity to make it believable to them as for them if it appears to come from a higher-level, they will more easily accept, believe, integrate, apply the downloads.

Those who truly know themselves on a fundamental level don't need an idea of an "other" to believe what they express.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

11 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Leo Gura

Is this a perpetual state for you?

There are degrees of it. The highest degrees of it are certainly not my perpetual state. At the highest degrees it would be hard to walk.

I'm generally aware that everything I'm looking at is God. But I also have many moments throughout that day where I'm just running on autopilot and sucked into the dualistic world.

I certainly cannot sustain a 5-MeO-DMT peak. That level of consciousness is just off the hook. The physical body struggles to cope with it.

@pluto Well said. I do not judge drugs at all. Just saying to not get discouraged if he don't have access to them. 

I am Just speaking from my experience, never used them and I really beleive they are not needed. What really is the most important is intention. ❤️

Path Will be easier with soul medicines I agree. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Leo Gura Thanks. This explanation of yours about the subjective quality of the state is by far the most valuable description i've read on the forums. It nicely conforms to my own experience, and it's much more useful than any other type of attempt at description (theoretical, philosophical etc.).

All that being the case, what would you consider true "liberation"? An unbroken state of acute awareness as you described? Never going back to autopilot? 

40 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Leo Gura

All that being the case, what would you consider true "liberation"? An unbroken state of acute awareness as you described? Never going back to autopilot?

It's hard to say. For me, the awakening experienced on 5-MeO-DMT represents the purest form of nondual consciousness. I'm not sure what it takes to turn that into an unbroken state. It's total God-mode. You would be a walking God with that level of consciousness and you would transform the entire planet simply through the power of your presence. You could look a charging elephant in the eye and get him to bow before you. It is truly superhuman.

At that level I could no longer teach verbally. My teaching would be to walk around town blessing crowds of homeless people, children, and throngs of followers, and performing miracles. Grown men would be brought to tears from the radiance of my love. Birds would land in my hand.

People would write myths about it a 1000 years later.

I am nowhere near that level.

@Leo Gura Do you Feel like your Body is that Formless Love and everything around feels like magic. Look in your eyes change and people notice it. They think you are on drugs. 

I vary btw deep equinimity and That, deep compassion and deep worry. Wierd. 

That Love comes all of a sudden but mostly when I speak Truth and helping. 

If this is liberation I do not want to chase non existance. 

17 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Do you Feel like your Body is that Formless Love and everything around feels like magic.

I wouldn't say I feel it. I would phrase it as: I understand my body is the imagination of God. Sometimes I look at my hands and see them as magic. Most of the day, however, when I'm on autopilot, I lose sight of the magic, simply residing in the mundaneness of everyday human life.

There are moments throughout the day where I stop and consciously reconnect with the magic. Like, "Oh yeah! These hands are the hands of God!" But then I usually go back into functional living.

I know I can deepen this a lot more with more work.

I still need more work to calm the body and mind down to be still for long periods of time. I'm not so good at that because I am constantly bombarded with wisdom. Wisdom and insights pour all day long. I run out of energy just verbalizing them all for the benefit of mankind. I feel it is my duty to be a mouthpiece for God's infinite wisdom. And I enjoy it.