Geromekevin

Leo is Wrong About Trump - Accountability Predictions

281 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor I haven’t participated to that degree as yet, however as it pertains to the claim I have no doubt, to me it isn’t politics specific given it runs parallel to many other topics that people could distract themselves on, from the existence of God to who’s football team is superior. 

However on the subject itself I would say that it’s extremely important to engage with the subject with the full use of one’s intelligence so that one’s ego can develop further from the experience.

Given the relationship between politics and systems thinking, morality, subjective preferences, ideology and other I’d say it’s actually an extremely good topic for people to develop themselves further on. Most do this poorly however so if I have any advice it would be to observe people’s vices here and try not to repeat them.

Edited by possibilities

1 hour ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

Virtue signaling is relative to who suffers the consequences and who doesn't - like those people from Sweden I showed you - they don't want to suffer the consequences of their virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling is also about wanting others to know that you're open and agreeable, often for sexual reasons.  That's why it kicks ass to be a progressive on a university campus.

Do you think that saying people from third world countries should be let into first world countries (not all) easily, but not wanting more crime is a contradiction?

34 minutes ago, tenta said:

Do you think that saying people from third world countries should be let into first world countries (not all) easily, but not wanting more crime is a contradiction?

Could you word that again?  The '(not all)' is referring to - people?  First world countries?

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've got bigger fish to fry.  My concerns now are very different.  At that time I thought I was doing the right thing.  Now I think I'm doing the right thing.  I think I'm made an improvement in focus.  Pick your battles.  Make every point you score count toward moving you toward your most sought-after objectives.

Excellent points ???. For example, Trump doesn't know how to pick his battles. He wants to be a great leader, but picked a position (president) that he wasn't really qualified for. He wants to make great changes in the world. He even boasted that he's like Lincoln. You don't have to be president to make great changes in this world. Gandhi, on the other hand, wasn't even a politician; he never ran for office. He just went ahead and became a leader on his own. Now, his face is on every Indian currency (not coins, bills). Just take a look at every rupee bill.

2 hours ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

So you'd be perfectly fine having a relationship with a mentally retarded girl? 

Lol.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Talking about IQ is not going to help improve society. It tends to do the opposite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Talking about IQ is not going to help improve society. It tends to do the opposite.

Not if we're discussing the effects of lead paint.

@GenuinePerspectiveXC think of an advanced AI with a lust for power, it’s likely going to be highly uncooperative relative to our objects as a race if it’s intelligence outcompetes it’s empathy for not only us but future generations. Fluid intelligence or general cognitive ability is just one important ingredient in the pie. I’d you wish to have a serious discussion on the topic please do so otherwise I’d appreciate it if people stopped beating a dead horse here because they’re bored with their life or whatever. I’d much rather try to get the most I can out if the interaction and I’m sure the best of others do as well as opposed to merely playing a wasteful game of tit for tat.

Edited by possibilities

11 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I’d you wish to have a serious discussion

Alright.  I believe that the lower levels of the spiral, starting with beige, are more important to all of us.  I believe that the higher the level, the less important it is.

For example, I believe that property rights are more important drivers of change than idealism.

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

With respect to value differentiation you’re probably right, externally however it’s valuation is consistently important throughout, the difference is in the experience of other qualities as one would move up this theoretical spiral where ideas like empathy and wisdom which broaden the scope of one’s faculties and in doing so, crowd notions one may have formerly had. The diminishment then is merely in cognitive awareness not in utility. This is all theory though.

Edited by possibilities

1 minute ago, possibilities said:

This is all theory though.

What are the implications of this point?

@Joseph Maynor I see Leo and many others speak about spiral and other stuff as if it’s beyond that. Including yourself. It’s nothing personal, but regardless as to how right one theory seems to be like “I have a hand”, in the end it needs to be decisively differentiated between what is real, of which is always a work in progress. Theory describes our attempt at describing what is there but theory is never what is truly there, we must work to improve that gap, not pretend that we’ve filled it. Another simple example involves what appears to me as a senseless, ironically so, debate pertaining to IQ, obviously it’s a synthesis of characteristics that are important and any theory that is too narrow minded in one direction is going to be pinning the tail on the donkey merely relative to their own biases here.

Edited by possibilities

I've swung from then a total Bernie enthusiast to a trump supporter

Interesting but just remember that they are both completely powerless when it comes to your own development. What caused you to switch teams?

Leo would not get in a relationship with a girl who has mentally retarded levels of general intelligence. He notices and cares about IQ whether he wants to admit or not.

But that doesn't mean IQ is a good determinant of intelligence overall.  Would you rather date a 160 iq sociapath who is overweight or a 90 iq kind woman with a classic figure? Think about what this question entails and the false presumptions of your own reasoning.

I've always kinda looked at politics as a way for people to focus on something other then fixing their own problems.  It's a way of distracting yourself and blaming others. 

Agreed. Well said!

It might be wise to learn to disagree with more kindness and understanding. And perhaps appreciate ideas you do not like a little more. This would be a cool plot twist (wink wink script writers). Increase that love dial :ph34r:

That said, this thread is hilarious and highly entertaining. It’s like breaking bad. Y’all are doing such a good job. Loving the drama, can’t wait to see what happens next.

Sex scene?

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

3 minutes ago, Truthority said:

But that doesn't mean IQ is a good determinant of intelligence overall.  Would you rather date a 160 iq sociapath who is overweight or a 90 iq kind woman with a classic figure? Think about what this question entails and the false presumptions of your own reasoning.

I think all those things are important, and so do you.

It actually seems like the Ravens IQ test is a good indicator of intelligence though.

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

@Nemo28 please see commenting history I’ve already addressed this point. 

@Truthority I’ve already discussed IQ in this thread, see commenting history if you’d like to take things further. Ideally I hope for discussion to be progressive, like building off what other people have already said, as opposed to regressive, which is more likely the case if the past isn’t taken into consideration. I’ve pointed out that both sides are narrow minded and that a synthesis would be a more appropriate measure.

If people can’t be logical and just try and progress discussion this undoubtedly proves the point about the utility of general cognitive ability/IQ, which as already noted, is just half the problem.

9 hours ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

Looks like we're at an impasse.  None of you want to get called on your virtue signaling. 

It's fun and games to say IQ doesn't matter, but none of you are willing to immerse yourself in a low IQ society - like the military - which mostly sucks because of the low level it operates on.

6 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@GenuinePerspectiveXC You're making general claims, military is good for what it does, and it reqruits people that fit the profile. Even if they score lower on IQ tests, who cares, there are  things that high IQ people will never be able to do what military people does. Navigating, living outdoors within difficult environment, fast response to percieved danger, teamwork, using various sort of equipment etc these are all intelligent activities that no average member of society can do, you seem to view inteligence in very narrow perspective. Lets just have society compile full of academians and smart talkers with high IQ, no, society need to be diverse!

48 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

You're making general claims, military is good for what it does, and it reqruits people that fit the profile. Even if they score lower on IQ tests, who cares, there are  things that high IQ people will never be able to do what military people does. Navigating, living outdoors within difficult environment, fast response to percieved danger, teamwork, using various sort of equipment etc these are all intelligent activities that no average member of society can do, you seem to view inteligence in very narrow perspective. Lets just have society compile full of academians and smart talkers with high IQ, no, society need to be diverse!

I fully agree. IQ is a skill. And just like any other skill it can be learned (look up logic, common sense, causality etc). It’s got its uses and can be very useful in some situations while not much of a use or even a hindrance in other situations. Discussing the general usefulness will not lead anywhere and it’s like discussing whether knowing how to paint is necessary to survive and thrive. For some it is, for some it isn’t.

I have an opinion on everything :D

@GenuinePerspectiveXC

I don't see it as virtue signaling. It is honorable to empathize with the situations of others and to want to help them as if they were your brother or sister.

Of course it's difficult and clearly unwanted by others, but it's like taking steps. Investing in the children of today for a better future for all human beings. 

It doesn't mean you have to invite strangers into your home, but it could mean providing asylum, shelter, and education. One step at a time for everyone.

"It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace." - Bill Hicks.

Edited by SgtPepper