Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gili Trawangan

Is deep sleep the Absolute?

19 posts in this topic

It certainly fits the description. No time, no space, no person, not even consciousness. In deep sleep, we are prior to all concepts and beliefs, we're even prior to awareness.

Am I missing something here?

P. D. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I ran a search but couldn't find anything.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

If something is Absolute, it is everything and everywhere.

So the funny thing is, there is nothing but the Absolute. You can't escape it or avoid it. You are enmeshed in it at all times no matter what is happening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If something is Absolute, it is everything and everywhere.

So the funny thing is, there is nothing but the Absolute. You can't escape it or avoid it. You are enmeshed in it at all times no matter what is happening.

@Leo Gura Yeah I see how my question was poorly phrased. Actually the understanding occurred a few days ago beyond the shadow of a doubt, I know what I am now, but the mind is tricky and used to knowing stuff in the realm of concepts. So paradoxically there is also confusion sometimes :)

Let me take the opportunity to thank you man, the realization wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you!

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Gili Trawangan

Deep sleep is just lack of form.

The absolute is not exclusively formless. It is formed as well.

@Truth Addict Yeah you're right :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan Deep sleep is not the absolute.If it so how did you know there was no person,body,world ?

So there was awareness of the no experience during deep sleep.So Absolute or the awareness is always there always.

In otherwords knowing (Awareness)is always there in Waking,dream,deep sleep.

Or Awareness is aware of deep sleep.

This is my understanding so for.

But are you(Absolute) aware of yourself ? With out any objects-body,mind,person,i feeling in the waking state ?

And why Awareness of Awareness is not happening in deep sleep ? But why it said to happen only during waking state ?

So whats that I am not getting ??

@winterknight

Edited by Jkris

@Jkris It’s as if each day is it’s own dream of implied consistency. Then take away the days, the awake and asleep. They are all just in today’s dream. Implications of nothing, of ‘today’, of ‘now’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm that is exactly how future sights works. 

Tomorrow is actually today 

more accurately tomorrow was actually yesterday giving you a new now today

Edited by Aakash

@Gili Trawangan Deep sleep is loss of identification with the body in my opinion. Which technically means your consciousness joins the collective consciousness of "sleepers"

Therefore its a state of consciousness within the absolute. 

God is therefore imagining that he's dreaming. More distinctions and forms of consciousness, more expansion. Different dreams ... more distinction expansion. 

@Nahm Lol lost efforts , how about a momentary jump in now LOL. nevermind though, i don't want to move the thread topic.

Edited by Aakash

Is there such a thing as deep sleep? I never experienced it and my sens of time is all over the place when dreaming I could very well be dreaming all night. I keep hearing stuff about deep sleep and I don't understand. For me it doesn't exist. 

I intellectually understand that it is held as absence of everything even consciousness. But then why do we even know it as the conceptual thing that it is? 

I don't get it lol 

Sailing on the ceiling 

All is the Absolute. The Absolute is not a thing but rather an eternal being that transcends all boundaries and limits. It is the ultimate being of God. It is everything that exists, including our own finite limited existence. Including all duality, manyness, and diversity, and all of the possibilities of reality. 

Edited by Conrad

Look around you, it's all the absolute. Whatever is in your direct experience. God

Edited by Aaron p

12 hours ago, Rigel said:

Is there such a thing as deep sleep? I never experienced it and my sens of time is all over the place when dreaming I could very well be dreaming all night. I keep hearing stuff about deep sleep and I don't understand. For me it doesn't exist. 

I intellectually understand that it is held as absence of everything even consciousness. But then why do we even know it as the conceptual thing that it is? 

I don't get it lol 

You’re really onto something here. It’s as if deep sleep is just an assumption. You “don’t get it” because you’re not taking it a priori, whereas many do “get it”, because they don’t inspect and notice it’s an assumption. I’d consider following that through...what if someone never slept...what’d happen...really? What if someone never ate? What’d happen? How would it feel, in terms of progression, without these (sleep & eating)? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sonic would lose all coins and die off? 

So One could be playing new game?