Wasem

I fail to see people around me as people, I see them as droids.

15 posts in this topic

My society in Iraq has a certain quality, and according to one of my western friends, people here do not engage with casual conversations on the street as much often as in any other countries. They don't smile at each other, and they don't say hi. As a result for that, the interaction with strangers is minimum. Lately I've noticed that I can equate people around me with droids, robots, or anything that has no soul. They are like the pedestrians in a video game, even those who sell me services and products, I perceive them the same way, because of the limited interaction that is happening, all focused on completing the purchase. 

I think some part of me has been ruined because of my exposure to this situation. Today, when I look at all of those people, I get the idea in the background of my mind that it is impossible that each and everyone of them is an individual like me, who has a life of his own, feelings, preferences...etc. However, when I get to know new friends, I start to see them to a certain degree as people.

@Emerald Help me please!

@Wasem  Try to understand them, be compassionate and patient with them, give them your love. 

@Wasem Why do people come to the point of acting like robots?

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, Wasem said:

My society in Iraq has a certain quality, and according to one of my western friends, people here do not engage with casual conversations on the street as much often as in any other countries. They don't smile at each other, and they don't say hi. As a result for that, the interaction with strangers is minimum. Lately I've noticed that I can equate people around me with droids, robots, or anything that has no soul. They are like the pedestrians in a video game, even those who sell me services and products, I perceive them the same way, because of the limited interaction that is happening, all focused on completing the purchase. 

I think some part of me has been ruined because of my exposure to this situation. Today, when I look at all of those people, I get the idea in the background of my mind that it is impossible that each and everyone of them is an individual like me, who has a life of his own, feelings, preferences...etc. However, when I get to know new friends, I start to see them to a certain degree as people.

@Emerald Help me please!

It's important to realize that this hostile vibe doesn't come from them. It comes from the projection laid upon them.

That said, it is an archetypal projection of the "other". So, it's one of the stock projection screens human beings have. And the projection

And this projection can be laid upon any other person or group of people.

It can be laid upon strangers in general, a gender, a race, a religion, an ethnicity, a clique, a socio-economic status, a team, or really any group of people that the one who's projecting otherness perceives that they don't belong to. And if a person feels like they, themselves are different enough, they can project the image of the other onto all other human beings... which is very isolating.

The solution here is to recognize the projection and how it comes from you and not from them. And then, seek out situations where you can be yourself around authentic people of whichever group you're projecting otherness onto.

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/thediamondnet 

I've been struggling with the same problem. I live in a big city(half a million) in Sweden and live above all the clothing stores and from my kitchen window I can see all the people spending their paychecks on clothes and the walk along the street like robots just waiting for something to spend the money on. This annoys the shit out of me. 

Thank you for this post. It was super useful to me!

5 hours ago, Emerald said:

It's important to realize that this hostile vibe doesn't come from them. It comes from the projection laid upon them.

That said, it is an archetypal projection of the "other". So, it's one of the stock projection screens human beings have. And the projection

And this projection can be laid upon any other person or group of people.

It can be laid upon strangers in general, a gender, a race, a religion, an ethnicity, a clique, a socio-economic status, a team, or really any group of people that the one who's projecting otherness perceives that they don't belong to. And if a person feels like they, themselves are different enough, they can project the image of the other onto all other human beings... which is very isolating.

The solution here is to recognize the projection and how it comes from you and not from them. And then, seek out situations where you can be yourself around authentic people of whichever group you're projecting otherness onto.

@ArchangelG  There are many Enlightened people living in cities, going to regular jobs, going to regular shops, but you wouldn't know with this approach, you would be caught up in your own bullshit :) Plus you can help them awaken, if you have enough experience.

On 20‏/7‏/2019 at 2:46 PM, Emerald said:

Thank you Emerald. I have read what you wrote more than once, and here is my comments which reflects what I understood from your post.

It seems that I still have this from my previous life as a believer, and I wasn't able to get rid of this projection of otherness, although what helps me keep like this is the surrounding people, they do not engage, they do not say hi. 

On 20‏/7‏/2019 at 2:46 PM, Emerald said:

I think that right now: when I was out of the religion realm, I truly regressed and started to see myself as the only worthy being (on some unconscious level of course)

Also at some point, I started to belief that it cannot be true that there are millions of people just like me, thinking and having emotions, but I started to see them as artificial droids, but right now, I see that this is a projection, and that if there is truly infinite consciousness or intelligence, then, it is truly possible for them to be just like me, but then there is the other way around, which is that those people, including everyone I know and speak with, even here on the forum, you, can be projection of my mind, and they don't exist in reality, but then, who says there is reality?! 

I think I am fell into confusion again. 

@Wasem You’re beginning to wake up man. What you see in other people, is limited to the depth known of your self. There is literally Light illuminating everyone. 

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

Of Interest: Aristotle(Teleology), Carl Jung, Christopher Langan(Holo-pantheism),  William James (Pragmatism).

Evil "Caesar's Wife must be above suspicion".: Plato (Ideal forms), John Stuart Mill (Anti-teleos Utilitarianism), Leibniz (Trinitarianism), Spinoza(Pantheism) Buddhism(Paradox), Jainism?(Hysteria), Nietzsche (Perspectivism) William James (Pragmatism). 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Wasem You’re beginning to wake up man. What you see in other people, is limited to the depth known of your self. There is literally Light illuminating everyone. 

I would really want to wake up. 

@Wasem Shift the attention observing others, back onto itself. (Meditation & Self Inquiry). Consider the possibility that in becoming aware of your own “robot” like living, conditioning, materialism, repetitions, surface / thinking level living, pursing what you think you want, while suppressing what you actually want, etc, etc...might be being projected, via assumption other people are experiencing the same way. It might sound crazy, but in going deeply into the self, many many things about other people are revealed. It’s a conundrum in a way, how nothing was ever hidden. It was always all in plain sight, and I was the limiter of the observation. All an idea of relativity...until it’s revealed it’s all indeed absolute. The “shortcut”....love. Love yourself, love him, love her, love this, love that, love robots, etc.

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

Posted (edited)

++ on Nahm, what you are experiencing is negativity hiding the bright side, which is how it works and which is without it wouldn't be able to. Try to accept some simple things that now you deny or even hate, and observe how you will start to see and understand more and more about it. One of life's challenges is to realize that ultimately everything is loved without exceptions, and alignment with it more and more will make your life better and better and your environment clearer and clearer. I think what you percieve as "droids" is that you see that to live there are things people "must" do, like go to work. If you accept that part, you will start to see the other side, which is the things people do not because they must, but because they can! Which really is the good stuff, and makes the difference between a droid and an entity with free will

Edited by Litaken

Careful with that. Labeling other people is usually an escape from turning inwards and seeing your own bullshit. I think you're projecting your own "lifelessness" onto other people. 

It sounds you're becoming a solipsistic... and that's by no means a good thing. 

Questions: 

1- Have you been using any type of drugs (namely marijuana, or psychedelics)? 

2- Have you been doing any type of spiritual practice? (meditation, yoga, breathing technique, self-inquiry, etc.) 

“However bad life may seem, where there is life, there is hope.” ― Stephen Hawking

On 7/21/2019 at 10:05 PM, hamedsf said:

WE ARE ALL DROIDS, SON!

Yup. We are droids made of flesh and bones. What's wrong with that?