Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meditationdude

Scared to try 5meo

15 posts in this topic

The only psychedelic I’ve tried is shrooms and even then it makes me really anxious every time before I build up the courage to take them. I like shrooms but 5meo scares the shit out of me, how can I get over this so I can finally try it? What can I expect? 

What is the highest dose of shrooms you 've tried?

Perfectly normal, be safe and look up dosage and have a trip sitter there 

@Meditationdude I recommend that you do some inner work before trying psychedelics. You need to learn how to live in a tranquil state of mind.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya l’ve been following Leo and practicing self actualization and meditating for 4 years. Is that not a good  foundation for 5meo? 

@Meditationdude There are two major aspects of spiritual purification: consistency and efficiency. Throw your 4 years away and face your difficulties now, just like on day one. Have you examined your anxiety rush before taking shrooms?

Let me picture it like this: imagine a guy who lives peacefully in the woods and takes shrooms as if it weren't that big of a deal. What is it that the tree guy has that you are you lacking? Why are you so tense?

unborn Truth

43 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

The only psychedelic I’ve tried is shrooms and even then it makes me really anxious every time before I build up the courage to take them. I like shrooms but 5meo scares the shit out of me, how can I get over this so I can finally try it? What can I expect? 

Ultimately for me the curiosity and drive (you could even describe it as a calling) to try 5meo surpassed my fear of what may happen.  

I was willing to pass through any potential terror or insanity to achieve breakthrough. 

Edited by robdl

1 minute ago, Meditationdude said:

@robdl I feel like I’m getting to that point. 

That's good.  

And my mindset going in was to surrender.  To let go.  That there would be a ton of fear and terror thrown up by ego and to just flow with it, with a deep trust that as long as I did that it would work out.

That's it.

Just remember that all fear is ego-mind trying to sustain itself as this substance is attempting to dissolve it.

@Meditationdude For what it’s worth, having taken 6+grams of shroom tea many times, and 30+mg meo a handful of times, both insufflation & vaporized...the shroom trips were far more powerful. Probably because I did only the shrooms 20 - 30 trips before trying 5-MeO. Sounds like that’s where you’re coming from. I know it’s not the popular testimony, but you might actually find the outcome to be the opposite of what you’re thinking. Meo is quite powerful and also particularly smooth imo, compared to the mindfuck jungle shrooms can be. Meo is also very dialed in to just being / consciousness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just now, Nahm said:

@Meditationdude For what it’s worth, having taken 6+grams of shroom tea many times, and 30+mg meo a handful of times, both insufflation & vaporized...the shroom trips were far more powerful. Probably because I did only the shrooms 20 - 30 trips before trying 5-MeO. Sounds like that’s where you’re coming from. I know it’s not the popular testimony, but you might actually find the outcome to be the opposite of what you’re thinking. Meo is quite powerful and also particularly smooth imo, compared to the mindfuck jungle shrooms can be. Meo is also very dialed in to just being / consciousness. 

I would agree with this.   The first couple minute come-up on 5meo was like the trepidation of realizing you're surfing a 1000 foot tidal wave, but mushrooms last so long and your mind can take you down so many negative rabbit holes during that time. 

@Meditationdude You could do more shroom trips to prep yourself.

But honestly, it sounds to me like you're just making too big a deal out of it.

A small to medium dose of 5-MeO should be fine.

I find 5-MeO-DMT to be a very benign and straight-forward process. It's just like cranking up the consciousness dial in your head to 11. Relax and enjoy the pure consciousness. It might take a few trips to get comfortable with it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.