Inliytened1

The evolution of Politics

8 posts in this topic

I know Leo will be discussing this in his conscious politics series - but i wanted to get everyone's take on how to actually evolve politics consciously.

Right now we have the left - liberals, (democratic party) the right, conservatives (Republican party) and we have several third parties such as the libertarian party.

So how do we evolve politics and move society forward? 

There are "good and bad" qualities on either party - so what if it were possible to unite into one party that takes the best qualities of each side?  What would it take to do that?  I see ultimately the party would again split into division again as new deeper issues arrive where there is once again disagreement.  

But then with higher consciousness that division would again unite and move society forward.  This cycle would repeat as the world gets more and more conscious.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.  I think a lot more people will need to awake and increase consciousness for this to ultimately blossom.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I try to focus on policies over labels. If a Republican supports taking radical action on climate change, I will support him in that. If that same Republican also opposes increasing the minimum wage, I will oppose him in that. 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

We can't just take the pros and leave the cons from each side and think we're fine, because that's the essence of bad politics. Each party thinks they have the best values and ideals, and so they trash all other parties.

Instead, we should move more into systems thinking and integration, aka stage Yellow of Spiral Dynamics.

Systems thinking requires nuanced and specific studies, and it approaches each project/problem with radical open-mindedness. To a systematic thinker, each case is different. And the whole system must be taken into account before applying solutions.

Integration means that we can't remove the left or the right, but that we should help them evolve and educate themselves.

Annually introduce 5-meo dmt to the water supply. Legalize psychedelics. 

Media would need a massive overhaul. As of right now tv and social networking sites decide social norms. A large scale electrical outage would be a god send at this point.

Start mass meditation gatherings,yes I know its being done. It needs to be on a larger scale and people need tangible results to get on board.

Could tax unhealthy eating not sure how that would go over though. A lot of people still do not realize how much the gut affects mood.

Leo already mentioned the education system.

Find a way to convince orange that raising group consciousness can be lucrative.

22 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

We can't just take the pros and leave the cons from each side and think we're fine, because that's the essence of bad politics. Each party thinks they have the best values and ideals, and so they trash all other parties.

Instead, we should move more into systems thinking and integration, aka stage Yellow of Spiral Dynamics.

Yes that is what i am saying.  But I'm not saying to integrate what they think is a pro or a con..I'm saying use systems thinking, study and analysis and come to a relative consensus by highly conscious beings to integrate both.  Ultimately it would have to bring both parties to the same realizations.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Solonius said:

Annually introduce 5-meo dmt to the water supply. Legalize psychedelics. 

Now we're talkin'! :o

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I see disagreements as a strenght, not a weakness of a political culture. Disagreements will always be there and will, in an increasingly complex world, only become more common. 

I'd rather see us learn how to tolerate disagreements and be less attached to our moral beliefs than strive for unity. 

better laws = more freedom = more markets = more businesses = more money = more tax = more government spending = more statistical data = better feedback loops = destruction of certain laws = reformed laws = more freedoms = more power of individuals = more ideology incentives = more complex debates = restrictions of laws = new laws to free restrictions = more freedom = more collective ideology = power struggles between ideology = more conflict = new conscious laws = less conscious laws for different ideology = static system = new revolutionary ideology = revised laws/ new laws = more conscious system