electroBeam

Why is suicide discouraged?

106 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Formless, infinite, eternal, ever present, Consciousness.

End of story.

All ideas until you actually see where the pointer is pointing to. :P

You talk a lot about this stuff but based on my previous conversations with you, you admit you haven't had any direct realization of such ideas. So be careful here. Its just ideology in such instances.

Edited by Shadowraix

19 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Mikael89

Q: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could spare our loved one's from all suffering?

Eckhart Tolle: No, it wouldn’t. They would not evolve as human beings and would remain shallow, identified with the external forms of things. Suffering drives you deeper. The paradox is that suffering is caused by identification with form and erodes identification with form. A lot of it is caused by the ego, although eventually suffering destroys the ego – but not until you suffer consciously.

Humanity is destined to go beyond suffering, but not the way the ego thinks. One of the egos many erroneous assumptions, one of its many deluded thoughts is “I should not have to suffer.” Sometimes the thought gets transferred to someone close to you: “My child should not have to suffer.” That thought itself lies at the root of suffering.

Suffering has a noble purpose: the evolution of consciousness and the burning up of the ego. The man on the cross is an archetypal image. He is every man and every woman. As long as you resist suffering, it is a slow process because the resistance creates more ego to burn up. When you accept suffering, however, there is an acceleration of that process which is brought about by the fact that you suffer consciously. You can accept suffering for yourself, or you can accept if for someone else, such as your child or parent.In the midst of conscious suffering, there is already the transmutation.

The fire of suffering becomes the light of consciousness.The ego says, “I shouldn’t have to suffer,” and that thought makes you suffer so much more. It is a distortion of the truth, which is always paradoxical. The truth is that you need to say yes to suffering before you can transcend it.

ECKHART TOLLE - A NEW EARTH

Wow I should finally listen to that audio book I bought a long time ago... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance "A New Earth" is great. I love how it starts with the metaphor of how flowers evolved, and then exploded to include most of the plant kingdom. We're definitely seeing the flowering of human consciousness now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On ‎19‎.‎07‎.‎2019 at 2:14 PM, electroBeam said:

If when you die physically, you will be God, why is suicide discouraged?

Wouldn't it be the best if everyone just died now?

I can't speak for anyone else, but the answer for me is simple: Because God doesn't want me to take my own life. He wants me to live and love freely. I will die when I die.

And I am already God right now. I may look like a form or body to someone, but no I am God in ''human'' form.

@electroBeam Suicide and Ego-Cleansing have two distinct intuitions, you can literally feel the difference buzzing if that doesn't bug you enough.

According to life between lives regression therapy, souls who commit suicide almost always regret their action because know they'll have to go through the same challenges once again. They feel like they have wasted their incarnation and let down souls they had a contract with,

Their spirit guide(s) are understanding and offer them love and compassion tho.