electroBeam

Why is suicide discouraged?

106 posts in this topic

If when you die physically, you will be God, why is suicide discouraged?

Wouldn't it be the best if everyone just died now?

Life is already God. You don't need to die.

Suicide is an act against the work of God, so to speak. Imagine the complexity and the energy required to come to be as a human. Being a human is a rare event in the Universe. And then all of a sudden you destroy it by killing yourself. Such a waste!

It's usually easy for us to see that we shouldn't destroy forests and oceans. Why destroy a human life?

God is HERE. Enlightenment is NOW.

unborn Truth

No difference between living and dead

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

I'm also wondering about this. If Leo is so sure about what happens after death, why not he just hang himself?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

6 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

I'm also wondering about this. If Leo is so sure about what happens after death, why not he just hang himself?

That's a good point. He believes that he doesn't exist and nobody watches his videos so he might as well. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Has it occurred to you that Leo is enjoying life? What stupidity, to suggest suicide just because one realizes their true nature... 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Until you are awake, God is a belief or a hypothesis. It makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

You're assuming you are not already there, and that suicide will get you there.. why?

But God wouldn't discourage you from anything, perhaps you can say some greater energy being exists that for us would be God that would not like that energy, but that's still duality and you ultimately..

I think it would be fair to say you take your mind and all the resistance and attachment with you after death, and at some point reincarnate (it already happened this time, probably 'after' as well), , and most importantly, suicide is a really negative impact for the people around you...

But most importantly it's not a problem as meditation is literally there for you to kill yourself without murdering your birth.

13 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Suicide is an act against the work of God, so to speak. Imagine the complexity and the energy required to come to be as a human. Being a human is a rare event in the Universe. And then all of a sudden you destroy it by killing yourself. Such a waste!

It's usually easy for us to see that we shouldn't destroy forests and oceans. Why destroy a human life?

Perfect.  You ARE enlightenment

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

That's a good point. He believes that he doesn't exist and nobody watches his videos so he might as well. 

@Shaun @Enlightenment both of you guys no better than to spit this garbage.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shaun @Enlightenment both of you guys no better than to spit this garbage.

I'm only parroting his garbage. Want me to hunt for the quotes to back my point up?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Perfect.  You ARE enlightenment

❤️?️‍♂️

Darn I was hoping this would be a discussion on assisted suicide for cancer patients or heavily disturbed individuals.  By your theory these people would be lucky enough to have quicker enlightenment if we supported assisted suicide. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 19.7.2019 at 2:18 PM, ajasatya said:

The destruction, the killing, is part of creation. You cannot act against the work of God, as all acts are the work of God.

Is it not interesting how you created suicide so that you could then go and complain about suicide being against your own Will? You are playing with yourself.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@electroBeam

If suicide was encouraged, you wouldn't be here asking this question.

So, maybe you are the reason why it is discouraged. Maybe the only reason why it is discouraged is to make you get to this point and ask this question, and then read my answer and realise that you are the goal of life.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Mikael89 yes the Absolute is the Absolute.  The duality of suicide being discouraged or encouraged breaks down.  

But as God would you go around encouraging yourself to off yourself when you created yourself to be?

It is your ablility as God to do so - but that's not the question here.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.