Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

The Significance of Leo's Drawing: The Quaternity Mandala

6 posts in this topic

In his lastest blog video, Infinite Love Awakening, Leo showed his drawing of a mandala, a universal symbol common to all spiritual traditions.  Carl Jung describes it as a symbol of the archetype of the Self, essentially his conception of God.  He did extensive studies where his patients would spontaneously draw these symbols, and he claimed that it was an expression of the person's psychological state.

Leo's mandala was an esspecially important one: the Quaternity.  (For those who didn't see, it looks like a flower with 4 petals in a cross shape)  The Quaternity is a symbol common to all spiritual traditions which represents wholeness and totality (i.e. non-duality or God).  The Christian cross and the Hindu swastika are the most well known examples.

Leo described his drawing as a symbol of God, yet didn't identify it as a mandala or a Quaternity.  Not only that, but he went on to say that the shape didn't matter!  We're talking about the single most important spiritual symbol here!

@Leo Gura I'm wondering why you downplayed the significance of your drawing?

48 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

I'm wondering why you downplayed the significance of your drawing?

Because I recognize that all symbols are relative and arbitrary. They make sense within a given system. They have as much meaning as you give them.

God invents and understands all symbols. And its understanding goes even deeper than anything symbols can depict.

If you like my symbols, cool, but also don't take them too seriously, in the same way that you don't want to get too attached to a single language.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How can you contemplate inside Godhead when your sense of self and you are annihilated.You can only done it when you "return". 

Yes it is infinite and so terrifying and yes it brings you on your knees. 

Actually you do not even have to contemplate because you know all the answers lol. 

Now @NahmWill bash me that illusion is that I am not IT.

Question remains How is possible to even go beyond IT. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Leo Gura Ah, that makes sense.  I've been studying Carl Jung a lot lately and am perhaps overly enthusiastic about such things.  I find that his teachings synergise in my mind quite well with yours, however I do acknowledge that he gets too bogged down in theories.

Still, I think it's a valuable perspective, since this forum tends to be skewed towards Eastern traditions, and Carl Jung is based in Western Gnosticism.