Kushu2000

Unspirituality?

113 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I try to tell people what they need to hear to move one step forward.

Being accurate in describing a deeper reality is not so important to me as one needs to experience it for oneself anyway.

From your earlier post, I doubt you ever experienced any higher states of consciousness.

29 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Ok

Your reply makes me laugh because it reminds me of that meme of sadhguru and the best way to be stress free is agree with idiots. Not saying anyone is an idiot but the general policy is very helpful. ? There's nothing to defend! 

There is nothing but states of consciousness.

Consciousness is the only thing that exists.

To criticize something as a state of consciousness is just silly, since things can't be anything else.

All criticism occurs within a state of consciousness. If you deny what I'm saying, that too is a state of consciousness. So there's no escaping consciousness. State of consciousness dictates physical reality, biology, and everything else. Your biology is just a state of consciousness. If your heart is beating right now, that's a state of consciousness you are in. Change the state and your heart will disappear like it never existed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Richard Alpert That you take such a YouTuber seriously shows a lack of discernment and wisdom.

@Leo Gura but is it not a shortcut to discredit the guy? Not saying that I agree with him, because I see the validity of what you're saying. But by attacking his authority, aren't you refraining from building bridges between his perspective and yours? If you're not being constructive, aren't you being ignorant?

@Maarten Truth is not the average of all perspectives. If only it were so easy! Truth is much more tricky than that.

If I were to compromise with a materialist devil, I would only debase myself. It's the devil's strategy to get you to compromise with him. He will kick and scream to get you to take him seriously.

Remember, all that a devil has to do to win is muddly the waters. That's the game here. The devil cannot win in actuality because he is coming from falsehood. The devil wins by getting you distracted from Truth and Love.

@Leo Gura so what is your suggestion of getting to the place of "infinite love"? Are you going to start suggesting all of your audience to smoke 5meo dmt? I dont think thats safe, but at this point, what you've done, is you've placed yourself in a position where it feels like all of us are "never going to reach the heights of YOUR levels of consciousness" unless ofc we do 5 meo and keep doing it. We don't even know the long term effects on our psychology of this drug and yet it seems as if this is truly the only way to get to the "heights" that you've been able to access. 

Also, isn't consistently putting yourself in these trance states a form of spiritual bypassing?

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is nothing but states of consciousness.

Relative

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Maarten Truth is not the average of all perspectives. If only it were so easy! Truth is much more tricky than that.

If I were to compromise with a materialist devil, I would only debase myself. It's the devil's strategy to get you to compromise with him. He will kick and scream to get you to take him seriously.

Remember, all that a devil has to do to win is muddly the waters. That's the game here. The devil cannot win in actuality because he is coming from falsehood. The devil wins by getting you distracted from Truth and Love.

You seem to be at war with yourself.  Apply the Paradox of War and Peace.  if you white-knuckle cling too tightly to one side of this paradox to the exclusion of the other, you can get locked or blocked.  The Devil is you.  Don't shit where you eat.  Tread lightly and compassionately.  You can be in favor of the Good without demonizing the Bad.  If fact, the Bad is Good if it happened.  Christians are at war with themselves in this manner.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Scratch my last above comment. I think I might’ve gotten a possibility Leo might be trying to communicate I’ve been missing. 

Back to not-knowing :) 

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You seem to be at war with yourself.

Projection

Unspirituality's channel is way way above my 'threshold for bullshit media'.

Basically, anybody above that threshold I never watch.

Edited by Extreme Z7

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Projection

Care to substantiate?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

31 minutes ago, Kushu2000 said:

@Leo Gura so what is your suggestion of getting to the place of "infinite love"?

You have been told a plethora of spiritual techniques. Use whichever you like. I have no dog in the race.

Are you going to start suggesting all of your audience to smoke 5meo dmt?

I have already suggested that. Not all, but those who are responsible, mature, and ready.

It would be foolish not to utilize such a powerful tool if you are reasonably healthy, responsible, and mature.

I don't have a problem introducing people to the psychedelic path. That's part of my path. If you don't like this path, then follow some other path.

you've placed yourself in a position where it feels like all of us are "never going to reach the heights of YOUR levels of consciousness" unless ofc we do 5 meo and keep doing it

I cannot lie, accessing some of the stuff I've accessed would not be possible otherwise for most people. It just is what it is. I didn't design it this way. Or maybe I did.

it seems as if this is truly the only way to get to the "heights" that you've been able to access. 

There's more than one way to get there. Use whichever methods suit you.

I am here to pioneer and document a new type of path. I have no interest in rehashing traditional paths.

Also, isn't consistently putting yourself in these trance states a form of spiritual bypassing?

No

And there is no "trance" to it any more than any other state of consciousness.

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You seem to be at war with yourself.

Perhaps it seems that way to you.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Perhaps it seems that way to you.

Interesting.  

@Leo Gura thanks.  Btw, did you ever get the chance to ask Martin Ball whether he was able to access the levels you've accessed?

6 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

@Richard Alpert I mentioned the moon as an analogy.

But, since you ask, the answer is "I don't know."

And if you were really honest, that would be your answer also.

Notice, RIGHT NOW, that in your direct experience, you do not perceive anything "behind" you.

Now, if you were to turn around, you might say that what was "behind" you is now visible.

And once again if you turned back to your original orientation, "behind" is once again invisible.

Where did all the forms go?

"Well, they're behind me!"

Nope. That's a mental map you constructed. Do you understand that? 

For all you know, what's "behind" you might physically cease to exist while you are not aware of it.

When you turn back around, it spontaneously materializes.

Now, I'm not saying that's what actually happens. What I am saying, though, is that there are gaps in your certainty of reality and you fill them with thought stories.

What happens to the forms behind you when you do not see them?

Well, you imagine that they continue to exist while not being observed.

Key word, imagine. You have no way of verifying this.

In order to imagine this, you literally invent "you," "perceptual field/vision," "objects," "space/location," and "time."

I am telling you that these things literally do not exist.

So what does exist??

Imagine this (lol): Let's pretend "direct experience" is like a a big canvas. The forms you see are paint on that canvas.

So as you turn around, the paint changes. In fact, as you live life, the paint is constantly changing.

The whole process is so mysterious that you, that being the curious little cat you are, you MUST explain it to yourself.

So what do you do? You start calling the paint "objects." When the paint changes, you tell yourself that these are different objects that are being perceived by you.

In doing this, however, you lose sight of the canvas. You only see the paint.

Try to get in touch with the canvas. The experience as it happens prior to your mind projecting all sorts of conceptions.

So once again, 

Notice, RIGHT NOW, that in your direct experience, you do not perceive anything "behind" you.

Your direct experience is your direct experience. The canvas regardless of the paint.

Now, if you were to turn around, you might say that what was "behind" you is now visible.

Your direct experience is your direct experience. The canvas regardless of the paint. Turning around does not change this.

And once again if you turned back to your original orientation, "behind" is once again invisible.

Where did all the forms go?

No, they are NOT "behind you."

And if you are adamantly going to insist that they are, at least admit that you are imagining it and that you are taking a blind leap of faith.

The "external world" is NOT obvious. It is NOT common sense.

If you were really really really honest, when I ask, "where did all the forms go?"

You would say "I don't know."

And not knowing, my friend, is both the starting point as well as the whole journey.

Thank you for the comment. I love how you put it. I really enjoy reading such things, it makes me so mindful. :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Joseph Maynor

Just watched your video with the guy debating about Enlightenment.

Please explain your stance. I do not have time to watch all three series. Are you trying to say that Enlightenment is just a way to escape depression about inevitable death? Sorry, Joseph, but when you talk there is no algorithm. You try to encapsulate a lot of things and integrate them into one idea. Please, can you decipher?

Thank you. 

@Galyna I watched the video's. His main point was basically ... Leo went through a troubling child hood and picked up traumas which has lead him to become a revolutionist. They both agreed that this is from a place of pathology. Given the content of Leo's stance that he's saying normal life is basically complete devilry. They then went onto say, that being human is essentially just what it is, to live a human life and not become an over fantasised god. 

They are actually relatively speaking valid points from the human realm. However, they don't stand the rigidity test when reaching trans-human realms. What can be seen as crude love for any number of reasons, when purified can turn into purified love. 

Thus from both sides, nothing wrong was said 

its just like leo says, you can't tell a donkey that he's god. 

Plus its eventually come to the point, where he has no choice but to point out the ridiculous comments that leo makes, to gain his own financial freedom. He seems to have some experience in spirituality, but he was not a serious practitioner as some others. So in a sense, from a spiritual perspective, his viewpoints may seem valid to the average listener. its simply the case that you can never comment on something you don't know. So he's making speculations from his own limited point of view about things that are way above him. Aka devilry and judgement. 

None the less, he's right to do whatever he wishes to because he's trying to survive. To make a whole channel on criticism of spirituality is a niche market, he just decided to monopolise it. ingenious actually. I give him props. You'd only be fooling yourself taking him seriously. But its as @ajaysatya says, take what ever you feel useful and scrap the rest , then move on. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash  Well, if we are brutally honest, about only 1% of the people on this Earth have normal parents, but not all of us want to become revolutionists, correct? So this theory does not work. Why? Because teenagers raising other teenagers. There are few mature people on Earth. My coach and I talk about it all the time, how our society is bounded by mechanical reactions and responses. There are not very many people that are truly mindful about their motives, behavior, various mechanisms that trigger those responses.  

I agree that he can not know everything, he has his own mistakes. But, I feel like Joseph always tries to "trace his steps", and then flip all the info he is saying upside down. Male competition? Probably. 

"Given the content of Leo's stance that he's saying normal life is basically complete devilry." - this is not what he is saying. I guess it all boils down to our cognitive abilities. 

Joseph and a guy describe the world and extrapolate from the objective point of view, however, it is very subjective apriori.  They separate the perceiver from the perception. But how can we debate about the Universe, humans, creatures and so on, if all that we know are deeply engraved in our intimate experience, therefore we know nothing that lies beyond our perceptual field? 

Joseph, please do not be upset about my comment :) 

Edited by Galyna
Mistake