Knock

Truth or Happiness?

Truth or Happiness?   4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pursue Truth, if it could cost you never being happy again?

• Yes - I am willing to die and give up my happiness for Truth
    • No - I am too attached to my emotions to pursue Truth

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

Would you pursue Truth over all else, even if it cost you never being happy or fulfilled again?

*Poll added* 

why not something in the middle? 

or a process which unfolds where one evolves and is able to process more truth? 

I don't see how one can be motivated to pursue truth if they haven't felt like they explored their emotions and feel it's ready to move on to something else. 

I don’t think truth and happiness are mutually exclusive. You can have both if you want to. You’re the one in control of your happiness. We can be quite resilient when we want to. In any situation, we can always find some happiness or hope. Of course, it’s much easier to be happy when we actually get what we want. So if it’s the truth you want, the natural reaction is to get happy when you find it or get closer because you got or are closer to what you wanted.

With fulfilment, it depends how high your goal is. If you just want to find the ultimate truth, you might not ever get fulfilment. But there’s still a way around it, appreciate progress, every step closer to the ultimate truth is a sign that you’re getting there and a proof that you’re on the right track and you can make that fulfilling too. Progress is great because it makes you closer to your goal.

Personally, if I had to choose, I choose truth because I can’t be genuinely happy without it. Things get quite confusing and unpredictable without knowing the truth.

I have an opinion on everything :D