The Don

Does praying to God work?

28 posts in this topic

Hello.

I recently saw this video about infinite love. As I kept watching it, I started to understand the motives behind God's creation. Even if I'm not fully conscious yet, I get the idea of creation itself and why it exists.

If any of you watched this video about awareness, do any of you remember when Leo said that 99% of self-actualizing people will forget about awareness? I'm happy to announce that I'm being mindful everyday and I'm still a life-long learner; I will always be. The reason I mention this is because as I practice mindfulness daily and as I meditate every single day, I'm starting to see and understand what awareness is. I'm starting to see the deceiving mechanisms of the mind and how the mind tries to trick you with thoughts & fantasies, just to keep the EGO alive. I'm starting to see the difference between 'mind and consciousness'. Something clicked. I felt it.

Anyway, the reason I started this topic is to ask and find out if praying to God works? And I'm not referring to the God of the Bible.

What would happen if I close my eyes and start praying to God for wisdom?

What would happen if I close my eyes and start praying to God with a extra-powerful belief that He would give me anything I'm asking for?  E.g: consciousness, discipline, absolute truth and trust in myself.

Would God hear my prayers? Would God respond to me as a smaller, inferior and limited being?

I was wondering if it's possible to communicate with God. ;)

What are your thoughts on this?

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don

Yes praying works. But not in a way you might think.

You might think you are getting goodies from god/universe/force.

But really, you are bringing your own thought patterns, intent and integrity into alignment by praying:)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@The Don

Yes praying works. But not in a way you might think.

You might think you are getting goodies from god/universe/force.

But really, you are bringing your own thought patterns, intent and integrity into alignment by praying:)

That's great. I should pray every single day then. And not from an egoistic perspective. I have al the goods I need. The real reason I wanna to pray is to become a wiser human being.

I'm dedicating myself and my life to the path of self-mastery. I'm doing my best to become conscious all the time, like a yogi.

@The Don and don't forget 'thank you!'. that's a good prayer. maybe even the most important one.

Edited by Petals

15 minutes ago, Petals said:

@The Don and don't forget 'thank you!'. that's a good prayer. maybe even the most important one.

Sure. Thank you for reminding me that.

I have to be grateful just for the sake of being alive; just for the sake of being healthy; just for the sake of living such good times.

I am practicing gratitude every single day.

I recently had a similar conversation with myself about prayer. I was raised Baptist so my first obstacle was realizing that I was not communicating with another entity; I was communicating with myself (in other words, building a line of communication to my unconscious).

So, I started praying again and I gotta say, I've noticed anecdotal success in a matter of days. I've prayed for answers and cognitive solutions and I've received them. So I'm gonna keep with it!

4 hours ago, The Don said:

Would God hear my prayers? Would God respond to me as a smaller, inferior and limited being?

You are God!

Yes, prayer works, but you must be conscious that you are praying to yourself.

You also need to have a proper understanding of what "works" means in this context. Don't be praying for material stuff or the fulfillment of egoic needs. Pray for selflessness and unconditional love. Prayer for the end of your devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I prayed to God asking him to baptize me with the holy spirit and I had a really powerful revelation, like a trip but without anything.

It helped me to leave the traditional religious beliefs and search for the truth, really. So, it works IMO.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Leo Gura I think surrendering is the most effective prayer, since ego does not have a free will. When realizing this, how can one pray? This seems absurd. ?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

26 minutes ago, Galyna said:

When realizing this, how can one pray?

How does one take a dump?

;)

Be careful not to use the no-free-will thing as an excuse for inaction. Clearly you can act, since you're doing it all day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Preetom So sweet and simple, really nice. Your signature line is insanely true! Lol

???

pls bless me mooji xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Yes.  This can help you develop mindfulness of what I call "divinized intuition".

12 hours ago, KurtisLey said:

I recently had a similar conversation with myself about prayer. I was raised Baptist so my first obstacle was realizing that I was not communicating with another entity; I was communicating with myself (in other words, building a line of communication to my unconscious).

So, I started praying again and I gotta say, I've noticed anecdotal success in a matter of days. I've prayed for answers and cognitive solutions and I've received them. So I'm gonna keep with it!

So happy to hear that from you.

I'll pray to myself then, as @Leo Gura said.

I'll ask for selflessness, wisdom and consciousness every day.

@Leo Gura Lol, never heard this expression before ( to take a dump) hahaha :D

But yeah, I know what you are saying, Leo! :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Oh yea, it's incredibly powerful. There isnt really a right or wrong way to do it. Just start talking to God with yours and others best intentions in your heart. Forgiveness of self and others and acceptance really make praying more powerful as well. It's fine to be honest and pray for anything worldly you want if you feel your soul or is searching for this. Whether you get it or not and if you do and the lessons you learn from it are another story.

Edited by SunnyNewDay

3 hours ago, Galyna said:

@Leo Gura Lol, never heard this expression before ( to take a dump) hahaha :D

But yeah, I know what you are saying, Leo! :)

I think about it in this way, that's why Jesus washed his disciples feet, he was really washing his feet. Because everything is one, and in a sense it makes more logic, you are praying to yourself. It's like a way to wake up yourself of the dream.

What do you think?

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16