seanpaxson

How do I sort my self out?

9 posts in this topic

How do I sort my self out?

I am totally frustrated and don't know what to do nor where to go. 

No money, no job, no hope and perhaps no future.

any advice, help or morals will do.

thanks

@seanpaxson

Step 1: Don't freak out.

Step 2: Meditate and breathe deeply.

Step 3: Look for solutions (especially counter-intuitive ones).

Step 4: Repeat until you succeed.

go down to the underworld and rescue your father bucko

understand that the responsibility is 100% within your hands, and that progress and improvement doesn't happen quickly.

One step at a time, with patience.

As Truth Addict stated, otherwise:

When we're lost in a rain forest because we've lost our map and there's no one around, what do we do? Other than standard measures to begin with like checking vital signs, resources in our backpack, etc:

(1) find the map

(2) if we can make another one through memory do this, or even bit by bit start again

(3) try to navigate backwards in time

(4) try our luck by moving into the unknown. A bold move that requires confidence, one which I don't not recommend as it can present some very interesting learning opportunities.

(5) stay in limbo (we could do this peacefully, like just meditate, but eventually we'll die no matter how beautiful others want to make meditation out to be)

(6) kill ourselves if that's a possibility, inclusive of finding a dangerous predator and let them have their way with us

(7) we can imagine what someone else would do in our situation if we don't have the proper experience, and this is where knowledge of a certain wise person comes in handy.

What can't we do?

- We can't simulate very well into the future, and this is the very reason for our difficulty, we're unsure of what the future will bring so we're trying to troubleshoot ideas to give us a compass on how to navigate the situation.

- We can't call a friend, although in this personal situation you have maybe that's what you should do. At least you've posted your query here, that's a start.

- We can't fly our way out of our situation, but then maybe that's what you should do from an imaginary perspective. Maybe attempt to visualise being high in the sky like an eagle so you can get a better vantage point on your life circumstances. Imagine you're looking at the life of someone else, what advice would you give them?

Overall, in my experience this is an event in consciousness that describes consciousnesses attempt at bringing about a sense of value differentiation in relation to working out how to expend its resources. Meaning, your consciousness is trying to ascertain, "okay what has value that I should focus my attention on?" and likely, you're trying to work this out from the perspective of what brings you value or just whatever underlying subconscious values you already have.

This subconscious valuation for consciousness is extremely important and is what determines the value of any information in reality at all, at least from a subjective perspective, this is why questions for example can be so effective in troubleshooting these kinds of value problems. Value determines focus, focus determines impressions (thoughts/feelings) and impressions determines corresponding actions. By asking good questions about the subject of what consciousness values, like the whole cliche but important "what are my values?", consciousness can begin to at the very least carve out a map that leads to fulfilling action for itself.

Questions - these are what I'd term "leading the witness", because when we put ourselves on the spot like this its almost like a prosecutor in a court case cross examining us. This cross examination and the nature of that inquiry like the questions that will be asked determines the events that will be generated from the witness, their consciousness, and in doing so, the how the rest of the case will play out, which is why quality questions are so important.

Some ideas for questions that run along the lines of leading consciousness to determine values and value changes.

1. Do I persevere to solve problems?

2. How much do I appreciate life?

3. What is most valuable to me?

4. What are the traits that I look for in a friend or partner?

5. What are the traits that I like about myself?:

6. How do I feel about challenging myself to go into unknown places?

7. Do I like being organised?

8. Do I like making careful decisions?

9. If I was the only remaining person alive, what would I do with the rest of my life?

10. If someone has nothing while in the jungle, and they wish to survive, what should they do?

To that last question, I would point you to perhaps focusing on building a skill or skills around something you value and then move forward incrementally from there. The jungle of life can be difficult, but know that it can always be much, much worse. At least until you're say, in a coma with 50 broken bones, your wife's cheating on you, none of your children wish to see you ever again not because you did anything wrong but because they stole all your money that you needed for your medical bills and now the doctors are armed with the duty to decide as to whether to keep you on life support or not because no one you ever knew and deeply loved in your life wants anything to do with you. Not because you did anything wrong but simply because they don't like you. Oh and one of the security guard pees on you on their nightly shift while no one else is around in the hospital. Nurses each morning just think you wet your pants, even if it goes in unusual places.

55 minutes ago, possibilities said:

As Truth Addict stated, otherwise:

When we're lost in a rain forest because we've lost our map and there's no one around, what do we do? Other than standard measures to begin with like checking vital signs, resources in our backpack, etc:

(1) find the map

(2) if we can make another one through memory do this, or even bit by bit start again

(3) try to navigate backwards in time

(4) try our luck by moving into the unknown. A bold move that requires confidence, one which I don't not recommend as it can present some very interesting learning opportunities.

(5) stay in limbo (we could do this peacefully, like just meditate, but eventually we'll die no matter how beautiful others want to make meditation out to be)

(6) kill ourselves if that's a possibility, inclusive of finding a dangerous predator and let them have their way with us

(7) we can imagine what someone else would do in our situation if we don't have the proper experience, and this is where knowledge of a certain wise person comes in handy.

What can't we do?

- We can't simulate very well into the future, and this is the very reason for our difficulty, we're unsure of what the future will bring so we're trying to troubleshoot ideas to give us a compass on how to navigate the situation.

- We can't call a friend, although in this personal situation you have maybe that's what you should do. At least you've posted your query here, that's a start.

- We can't fly our way out of our situation, but then maybe that's what you should do from an imaginary perspective. Maybe attempt to visualise being high in the sky like an eagle so you can get a better vantage point on your life circumstances. Imagine you're looking at the life of someone else, what advice would you give them?

Overall, in my experience this is an event in consciousness that describes consciousnesses attempt at bringing about a sense of value differentiation in relation to working out how to expend its resources. Meaning, your consciousness is trying to ascertain, "okay what has value that I should focus my attention on?" and likely, you're trying to work this out from the perspective of what brings you value or just whatever underlying subconscious values you already have.

This subconscious valuation for consciousness is extremely important and is what determines the value of any information in reality at all, at least from a subjective perspective, this is why questions for example can be so effective in troubleshooting these kinds of value problems. Value determines focus, focus determines impressions (thoughts/feelings) and impressions determines corresponding actions. By asking good questions about the subject of what consciousness values, like the whole cliche but important "what are my values?", consciousness can begin to at the very least carve out a map that leads to fulfilling action for itself.

Questions - these are what I'd term "leading the witness", because when we put ourselves on the spot like this its almost like a prosecutor in a court case cross examining us. This cross examination and the nature of that inquiry like the questions that will be asked determines the events that will be generated from the witness, their consciousness, and in doing so, the how the rest of the case will play out, which is why quality questions are so important.

Some ideas for questions that run along the lines of leading consciousness to determine values and value changes.

1. Do I persevere to solve problems?

2. How much do I appreciate life?

3. What is most valuable to me?

4. What are the traits that I look for in a friend or partner?

5. What are the traits that I like about myself?:

6. How do I feel about challenging myself to go into unknown places?

7. Do I like being organised?

8. Do I like making careful decisions?

9. If I was the only remaining person alive, what would I do with the rest of my life?

10. If someone has nothing while in the jungle, and they wish to survive, what should they do?

To that last question, I would point you to perhaps focusing on building a skill or skills around something you value and then move forward incrementally from there. The jungle of life can be difficult, but know that it can always be much, much worse. At least until you're say, in a coma with 50 broken bones, your wife's cheating on you, none of your children wish to see you ever again not because you did anything wrong but because they stole all your money that you needed for your medical bills and now the doctors are armed with the duty to decide as to whether to keep you on life support or not because no one you ever knew and deeply loved in your life wants anything to do with you. Not because you did anything wrong but simply because they don't like you. Oh and one of the security guard pees on you on their nightly shift while no one else is around in the hospital. Nurses each morning just think you wet your pants, even if it goes in unusual places.

nice post, nothing to add

holy-war - "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty". 

Start with something small like cleaning your room

Do what makes you happy or leads to that. It will give you the motivation to want more and find a way how to get more. The world is your oyster!

I have an opinion on everything :D

Don't sort yourself out. You don't need to do anything.

Just feel all this frustration as much as you can. You don't have to go anywhere, you are here always.

This is the perfect opportunity for you and this can be a great gift if you let it be so.

Surrender.

Everything is an assumption.