ahmad ibdah

I outgrew religion

21 posts in this topic

I now see it clearly. Religion is nothing but a fantasy as everything else. I have always believed that there is God and there is me. But now I see how silly this belief is . Religion helped me to reach this stage where I am at right now . But now I can let go of all these thoughts and enjoy oness. There is nothing but love . How beautiful that is .

Good bye religion and thank you. 

I know that letting go completely requires  much more work than what is at the theoritocal level . But it is a good start.

Thank you leo for opening my eyes. This is exactly what I needed.

Posted (edited)

Good! Now turn around and embrace religion as its own Truth. Truth can be relative. Remember that, to “other” people, it’s very real. Not just fantasy. 

Edit: This is also just a suggestion for how to go further but whether or not what I say to do is better is up to you of course. Cheers!😁

Edited by Synchronicity

Posted (edited)

@ahmad ibdah Nice! - to add onto what @Synchronicity was saying - now that you have evolved beyond religion - you can still understand it for what it is with Love and not hate.  Not to say you are...but don't develop disdain for it either.

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

@Inliytened1 yeah I respect religion and I see how important it is for human development .  But now I also see what religion is aiming towards, its own termination !!

@ahmad ibdah Yes, I went through the same process you did. The Masked Arab helped me a lot too. Religion (especially Islam today) can be very constrictive, and can block you from pursuing enlightenment, because of its hatred of other religions.

"It’s a good one, it just isn’t real.” — Byron Katie

Welcome back. Religion is a lie. It's not the truth, it's just an illusion. It's like a dream that you can never get back. It's like a dream that you can't see. It's poison. 

@How to be wise  were you a Muslim yourself?

the one that helped a lot is Adnan Ibrahim. He is a yellow, turquoise Islamic thinker. He introduced me into Sufism and he has a very global way of thinking. But still he doesn't teach nonduality , I guess he actually discovered and embodied nonduality a long time ago but still not willing to teach it

@Conrad  watch out from demonizing religion. There are many versions of religion and some of them are far way better than any western we culture today. Religion is essential and can be very beneficial actually for humans , contemplate on that!!.

Religion can be purified from toxicity. We can create a very pure loving version of religion. Religion serves a very wide slice of society in opposing to nonduality. This can be someone life purpose , maybe mine who knows.

@ahmad ibdah 

9 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

@Conrad  watch out from demonizing religion. There are many versions of religion and some of them are far way better than any western we culture today. Religion is essential and can be very beneficial actually for humans , contemplate on that!!.

I'm aware of that. But in the end, it has to end from your mind for God-realization to happen. 

@Conrad Nothing has to be ended. It is not the way. Acceptance and transcendence is the way

5 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

@Conrad Nothing has to be ended. It is not the way. Acceptance and transcendence is the way

Good luck with that. 

7 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

Nothing has to be ended. It is not the way. Acceptance and transcendence is the way

Yes, that is the peaceful way

@ahmad ibdah Yes I’m from a fundamental Muslim family in London. The hardest thing about abondaning Islam is cutting your ties with your family and community. Of course when they find out about you, you will be excommunicated if not attacked. 

"It’s a good one, it just isn’t real.” — Byron Katie

Now it's time to embrace science and reason.

Outgrew your beliefs and sense

holy-war - "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty". 

@How to be wise @How to be wise

On 7/18/2019 at 9:57 PM, Conrad said:

Yeah,  Muslims nowadays have very intolerant believes towards people trying to leave Islam. I would have hidden it from my family, if I were in your shoes. 

For me , I don't even bother myself with idea of leaving Islam. Why would I ?? . I can peacefully transcend it !!.  You can reach the point where you embrace everything with total acceptance and you can see what is good in everything.

For me , I still see Islam way ahead of many other reigions. And I can see how it must be progressed into its next stage, nondual teachings.

Posted (edited)

In the end, you'd only be responsible for your own karma. And no one elses. It's a one person journey... whatever action you do, will only affect you. And no one else... 

Only you know what is in your heart. Only God knows what is in every heart. Whatever good you do,is for your own benefit. And whatever bad you do, is for your own loss. And no one else's....

In the end it's a one person journey. Goodluck 

No excuses~

If you're lying, you're only lying to yourself. And no one else..

If you are being truthful, you're only being truthful to yourself. And no one else..

Edited by Angelite