clouffy

Reconciling Stage Green Productivity

9 posts in this topic

Advice? 

How to motivate oneself (most likely stage green) to be consistent and productive?

What does your spiral stage have to do with productivity? 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparation of Jack i think the view of productivity, and the "product", or the goal that which is the ultimate aim of the work itself shifts with SD stages

@clouffy Be more specific if you want good advice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura let's say, how to study properly, do paper work, academic research as a stage green person who has to, unfortunately work under the reductionist paradigm of academia

@clouffy You mean you want to talk about mystical topics in an academic setting?

Hehe, that's a tough one. Academia is not generally open to that. Maybe you should reconsider being in academia. That's what I did. I have no desire to play their games.

Then again, there certainly are ways to make it work.

@Leo Gura i'm thinking about something along the lines of consciousness research/ brain studies/ meditation studies. say, studying the brains of people from the buddhism studies department? lol

and in term of productivity for SD green, i'm kinda bored of the orange macho productivity, but i'm not finding good spiritual take on productivity yet. is productivity a more subtle form of energy in stage green? 

Edited by clouffy

@clouffy Green generally reduces the importance of productivity in favor of deepening relationships.

This is not to say Green stops getting work done, but that macho desire to out-work all your competitors takes a back seat to building and enjoying relationships with human beings.

So maybe rather than working overtime to publish 100 research papers, you devote more of your time to working one on one with your students and you become known as the most beloved professor by your students.

Just an example.

Remember, relationships can be powerful. Deep relationships can open many doors for you in life, so you may not have to work as hard.

Then again, nothing wrong with work as long as it aligns with your values. Your work should be working towards embodying or spreading Green values. Then you'll be motivated. Instead of personal achievement and success, Green is more motivated to help people / environment.

For example, I work a lot less than I used to when my center of gravity was Orange. Today I make a lot of time for chilling out, tripping, contemplation, and deepening my connection to God. This would be unthinkable to an Orange person. I still do work, but it happens more organically at a deeper level. There's less raw output, but more depth and enjoyment. I'm less neurotic about work. My sense of self is less identified with the quantity of work I do.

@Leo Gura Thank you Leo. That is so beautifully put. 

You have resources/books to recommend for this type of productivity (bought your booklist)? Or tips on how to keep evolving on this direction? What will green productivity then lead to? I'm curious to know what yellow productivity will look like lol maybe pure integration and flow? I feel like as we progress up the spiral, "the path of least resistance" or flow is more emphasized in work and productivity, so that whatever raw output our tangible result is viewed as just a physical manifestation of the innate desire for expansion.

I feel like Simon Sinek's "Find your why" is quite fitting to this orange-transitioning-green mindset. But I'm looking for green/ green-transitioning-yellow resources to keep evolving. I enjoy sadhguru's wisdom too, but I need something closer to my current SD stage to build a more solid foundation. 

Oh, and if the spiral viewed from turquoise (or above?) perspective is a non 3-D model, but rather a scrambled 10 dimensional time-space model, does that mean from Yellow onwards everything become non-linear, and people can jump between time-space realities? lol