ZenRocker

Ralston on Religion

39 posts in this topic

It's good for you guys to see both the incredible bullshit of religion, and the incredible value of religion. That's the twisted paradox of it.

Try to hold both views in your mind at the same time. It's good for stretching the mind.

There is value in what Ralston and Sadhguru both have to say.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The main thing I appreciate about this video to me is it shows how much he values integrity with the truth in how he teaches people and not budging to indulge fantasy and any other nonsense that isn’t about the truth. 

I also can’t tell you how hard I laughed at some of his jokes in this video ???

51 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

I also can’t tell you how hard I laughed at some of his jokes in this video ???

Me too! lol - If Ralston gets tired of the "teaching gig" he could have a career in stand up comedy :D

I don't know with you guys experience with religion but in my experience, it's all good. Growing up with christians and muslims. 

I think i'm blessed. To know God early in life. 

Maybe because our religion has  not become corrupted. 

I think those who don't believe in God must've never experience a miracle in their life. 

Or never got their prayers answered. 

Edited by Angelite

23 minutes ago, Angelite said:

I don't know with you guys experience with religion but in my experience, it's all good. Growing up with christians and muslims. 

I think i'm blessed. To know God early in life. 

Maybe because our religion has  not become corrupted. 

Belief in God is delusion. Belief in God is not knowing God. It’s a fantasy. It’s ignorance of God. 

On 7/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Salvijus said:

Just lost a lot of respect for this man...

Of course. Truth robs you. A person who tells you or me that what we thought was so real and true that we love to cling to is always perceived as a threat and thus ignored. 

Yoga is an invention. Meditation is an invention. Mantras are inventions. Language is an invention. So on and so on. They do not exist. They are not special. They were created to serve a function. There is nothing more special about the Sanskrit language than English or Spanish or Chinese or some African clock dialect. You can meditate on a mantra “Love” the same way you on the mantra “Om” and get the same results if you truly know what the fundamental process is.

But of course, Indians tend to want to have special turf over spirituality. 

The Adi Yogi at the end of the day is merely a mental construction. An idea you or I fabricate. A story we make up. 

@kieranperez  Where do you think is the boundary between artificial and natural? Can you really say that a thing does not exist, because they are made by humans? I mean, I understand where you're coming from and it is useful to say for example that thoughts aren't real, but still. Is this even a valid question?

@bejapuskas

there is no mind

there is no boundary

there are no humans

existence doesn’t exist

if we’re talking about Absolute

Something relevant to Ralston video :

Sūrah Al-Tawbah (Repentance)

9:30

The Jews call 'Uzayr a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

9:31

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and(they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but one God: there is no God but He. Praise and glory to Him: (far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

5 minutes ago, Angelite said:

Sūrah Al-Tawbah (Repentance)

9:30

The Jews call 'Uzayr a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

9:31

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and(they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but one God: there is no God but He. Praise and glory to Him: (far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

I have no idea what any of this means - this just confuses me, and is unclear ---- Ralstons book are crystal clear and easy to follow

@kieranperez  Sure thing, but isn't it more precise to say „invention of the mind/human“ instead of just „invention“? To me it feels like everything is at the same time artificial and natural.

48 minutes ago, ZenRocker said:

I have no idea what any of this means - this just confuses me, and is unclear ---- Ralstons book are crystal clear and easy to follow

No it's related to what Ralston was saying in the video.

Verse 30

It's about blind faith where they simply imitate their previous generations without actual knowledge. Hence Allah curse them saying they are deluded away from Truth.

Verse 31

Is about worshipping their priest/religious leaders and not the One God. Not actually practicing real christianity as what Jesus Christ preach. And they take their prophets as God when you can't associate God with anything else. Oneness of God.

^these days when people worship their religious leaders, they become detached from truth, the actual God, and religion becomes corrupted.

(Not all though)

I'm not familiar with Ralston's teaching. I'm judging based on that video alone.

Edited by Angelite

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Belief in God is delusion. Belief in God is not knowing God. It’s a fantasy. It’s ignorance of God. 

I know God...for some reasons. That's simply it. 

There's reason there....you know what I mean?

38 minutes ago, Angelite said:

I know God...for some reasons. That's simply it. 

There's reason there....you know what I mean?

Reason doesn’t exist. There is no reason and no one that knows good. There’s no separate one that knows God. 

@kieranperez it exist on my level now. My current awareness. 

Reason, cause & effects may not exist for you, who knows what you mean by that. 

You mean like, okay i'm breathing now, no thoughts, nothing~ 

?

**those two verses are referring to the christians &jews in the arab world back then. I don't think christianity now are similar to that. Maybe out of ignorance & not knowing. If you are sincere, you'll be fine. 

3 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Belief in God is God. Delusion is God. Fantasy is God. Ignorance of God is God.

Wake up! Although being asleep is also God ?

Edited by Truth Addict

Uh so funny he he. Basically whatever's "got you by the short and curlies" is your religion according to Ralston lol. Even if you're mad at him calling it out.

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Belief in God is God. Delusion is God. Fantasy is God. Ignorance of God is God.

Wake up! Although being asleep is also God ?

Awesome.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.