ZenRocker

Ralston on Religion

39 posts in this topic

A new video from the Peter Ralston - he is so free, expressive and fluid with his body - he really embodies the Zen Body being stuff he teaches.

Edited by ZenRocker

Ralston is pretty ignorant here... Just lost a lot of respect for this man...

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

- its more of a meta point to realize you dont need anything external to reach enlightenment or truth ---- very similar to Jed McKenna's work

Edited by ZenRocker

45 minutes ago, ZenRocker said:

I wouldn't take it to serious --- its more of a meta point to realize you dont need anything external to reach enlightenment or truth ---- very similar to Jed McKenna's work

That's not the point. I mean he just displayed how he doesn't understand the significance of sanskrit language and the science of sound and started mocking it. That's low... 

It's explained in the videos

Edited by Salvijus

17 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Watch the video I linked. It's all explained there. 

They are pretty interesting - most of Sadgurus content is really good and informative

I was looking at the Om Swami book on Mantras - it looks really intriguing - have you seen/read it?

Edited by ZenRocker

I'm not really into books :)

However I do know somewhat about mantras and sounds just by watching the videos on youtube :)

Edited by Salvijus

52 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's not the point. I mean he just displayed how he doesn't understand the significance of sanskrit language and the science of sound and started mocking it. That's low... 

It's explained in the videos

Notice how his approach is triggering your ego. The truth is the truth regardless of which language is trying to speak about it. The language one uses is utterly meaningless, on the absolute level. You don’t need sanskrit to understand truth, which was his point. 

Ralston: what's the point of changing name? Is this sound more spiritual then this "woooaaah" 

The only funny thing here is how ignorant he is of the significance of using sounds. He just assumes everyone is stupid and makes fun of them without realizing that he's the one who knows nothing about it. 

That's why I linked those videos to point out the irony. 

Edited by Salvijus

47 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

He just assumes everyone is stupid and makes fun of them without realizing that he's the one who knows nothing

Ralston advocates approaching things from a position of not knowing.

I think he's trying to empty their cups.

And yes this is my ego reacting to someone making fun of Ralston :) I'd probably delete more of my own comments if I could.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Ralston: what's the point of changing name? Is this sound more spiritual then this "woooaaah" 

The only funny thing here is how ignorant he is of the significance of using sounds. He just assumes everyone is stupid and makes fun of them without realizing that he's the one who knows nothing about it. 

That's why I linked those videos to point out the irony. 

How is this ignorance? What makes you think he's criticizing from below? You realize it's fair game to criticize from above.

It's Love.

He seems pretty manic. Maybe he is not well?

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

You actually believe this shit? xD

58 minutes ago, DnoReally said:

You actually believe this shit? xD

I do actually. Seems possible to me. 

Every form has a sound and every sound has a form. Based on this sanskrit language is made. This has nothing to do with belief, this is science. I think It's maybe been proven even idk

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus I swear to god Sadhguru might as well be sittin in Rome and telling the people how special Latin is, elaborating on the mystical significance of Hebrew in Jerusalem or telling people that whoever questions the supremacy of the arab language concerning islamic religious matters is an infidel.

Big coincidence Sanskrit just happens to be the language in which most religious texts of Hinduisim are written and hes surrounded by hundreds of Indians lol.

The trick is that if the mind imagines that something has meaning, then it does.

So the irony is, people who deeply imagine Jesus can actually materialize Jesus. Of course the problem is that they then fool themselves into thinking that that's the only way.

If you imagine that Sanskrit is valuable, then it becomes so.

If you imagine that Sanskrit is just some sounds, then it becomes so.

The key is becoming conscious of how you're imagining all this. What are you giving meaning to?

For example, Ralston gives meaning to martial arts. But is martial arts any less silly than going to a shrine? What is martial arts really? It's the silliest thing in the world if you think about it. Two monkeys fighting each other to be top monkey. Why?

Then again, why do anything? So long as you're alive you gotta occupy your time somehow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's a very shallow understanding of religion I would say...

It's true in some perspectives. But still a shallow one. There's truth in what he say about christianity. But that's on the surface level. Very shallow. 

Only if you understand each one of those religion, you'll see the roots of everything. Perfect clarity and peace. 

How many people are actually a practicing christians & jews & muslims & hindus etc. these days? I'd say many. 

Edited by Angelite