stevegan928

Sensory Deprivation And Blackout Contact Lenses

9 posts in this topic

I want to try my own dark room retreat soon so I bought some contact lenses that basically blind you and I’m wondering if it’s safe to wear them for upwards of 3 days straight? I believe with this tech one must be in ABSOLUTE darkness for at least a couple days and blindfolds seem to always let a tiny bit of light in so i’m doubling up with Stranger Things-esque duct tape swim goggles + BDSM contact lenses. If anyone can think of a better way of going about this any suggestions would be great. Also if anyone is just knowledgeable on the subject of sensory deprivation in general any useful info would be cool. like weather or not light touching the skin has any effect or is it all just about not SEEING light?

As I started typing this post I then started to check out some potentially better ways of going about this and it looks like I probably could try my hands at sleeping in a light proof grow tent. I also found an insulated tent called the Cura Cacoon and on the site it’s blackout rating is 10/10 and I messaged them asking if it’s truly completely light proof, I’ve yet to get a response but if it is that’s likely what I’ll be getting.

I wouldn't wear contact lenses for 3 days straight. And if it's the first time you use contact lenses.. you probably wont be able to remove them from your eyes, especially if they make you see nothing.

If you’re just trying to do this at home, a dark room, blindfold, ear plugs should be more than enough.

But if you can afford it and you have one near you - I’d just go to a business that has a sensory deprivation tank.

They're the best for what your trying to do.

Sound proof rooms, you can only hear your heart beat.

Light proof rooms, you can’t see whether your eyes are open or not.

You can’t even feel the water because it is the same temperature as your skin.

Point being they’re great.

oh yeah, BDSM! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

???, just use very comfy swimming goggles painted in black. And high end classic noise headphones. 

Singer

14™

Wow I've never even heard that there is such a thing. Blackout contact lenses sound ideal for an improvised dark room retreat. It's weird that they are mostly used in a BDSM community lol. How come nobody uses them for a spiritual sensory deprivation?

I want to make a cosplay on Nato, but I can not find lenses at least similar colors, please suggest a site.

Holding a blanket over your eyes while lying down works better. I know because I can't sleep with even a slither of light showing.