Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Socrates

Reality, suffering and the shadow (Trip Insights)

6 posts in this topic

I took half a tab (50ug) of 1p lsd and had the following insights:

1. Reality is one thing made out of nothing. Everything I was looking at was like a hologram.

2. Reality knows itself through itself literally like a strange loop.

But most importantly the insights about Suffering and the Shadow :

Whoever is in the the spiritual path will have to eventually face his shadow meaning his tendencies he has denied from his ego (ego=persona+shadow). 

But most people don't know the existence and denial of their fear, anxiety, anger etc since it is usually hidden on their Unconscious!

And then only a trip can awaken them to those emotions they have denied. And that is the best way to face the shadow, head on. 

All bad trips are the reveal of your shadow all at once and it can be challenging. That is eventually healing because when you see something it no longer affects you, only resistance creates suffering. Eventually you observe detached. 

Resulting to this after the fact. I can see how the seeker can be distracted by these repressed feelings and even identify with those (only to hinder his growth). Instead he can be aware that the first 5 to 10 trips will be a shadow integration process (depending on the individual). 

I can only assume @Leo Gura had an already integrated shadow since he hasn't addressed this foundational topic yet.

@Socrates Good work! Finally some progress with you ;)

The shadow is simply all those aspects of the universe (self) which you have denied in order to maintain a limited human ego self. Yes, to fully embrace yourself as the whole universe you must now re-own those denied aspects of yourself. So that you may finally be complete. You must unify all the divisions your mind has created since your birth. For most people this is a difficult process because there is so much of the universe they have hated and demonized for so long. Now it must be admitted that all that hatred and demonetization was self-hatred and falsehood.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Easy to say after the fact. 

That limited ego you mentioned is the persona. And out of that place it projects outwards all the repressed feelings it doesnt own.

I can confidently guess that the majority of your audience is operating from the "persona" level which automatically means the shadow is not integrated. 

Advising your average viewer to do psychedelics and he will be up for a rude awakening! Also he will not even know why he feels like shit and what these emotions are.

This is basic triping knowledge that will save a lot of emotional hustle. 

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Advising your average viewer to do psychedelics and he will be up for a rude awakening!

All deep awakening is rude awakening. The devil does not take kindly to being roused from his slumber ;)

Of course psychedelics will stir up shadow material. That is the whole point! That's how they cataylize growth: by sticking your face in your own shit.

This is not a maybe, this is gauranteed. Which is why we advise low to moderate doses and a careful approach.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Socrates I started with personal development work several years before getting to know Leo and actualized.org (did least five years of psychotherapy and some other stuff) more recently I started experimenting with psychedelics. Even though I considered  I had dome some ground work, I have had some rude awakenings during some psychedelic sessions. They act like a catalyst and accelerate the whole process a lot.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@reves @Leo Gura Dont get me wrong i am down for psychedelic usage. Just with a diffrent protocol.

Most people get hyped by all the psychedelic material out there, they pop some Lsd and naively think they will experience oneness and instead they experience their fear, anxiety and anger.

The ideal frame is:

"My first 5 to 10 trips Will be for shadow integration meaning i will face repressed emotions i have denied and that will be painful but necessary"

It is one think to get sucker punched out of the blue and another to expect it since you know it's for your own benefit ;)