Cody_Atzori

How long have you meditated for straight?

34 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2019 at 2:47 AM, Inliytened1 said:

It's not how long you meditate but the quality of it.  Quality over quantity guys.

@Inliytened1 I dont fully agree. I would say quality is the goal and quantity the means.

Never dismiss the value of bad meditation!

@Inliytened1

Started with 10 minutes, slowly I increased it to 40 minutes and yesterday I did my first 1 hour meditation. I have been meditating for 2 years, but never ever had an insight. I just sit on the edge of bed or lie on the bed and observe how air touches my nostrils when it goes in and out.

@Buba Because 40 minutes is nothing for big realizations meditation in general is not the best and you havent switch the technique to something better for you...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

22 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Buba Because 40 minutes is nothing for big realizations meditation in general is not the best and you havent switch the technique to something better for you...

I dont want to burn myself :) If I meditate for hours every day I will go insane.

21 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Buba

Thank you. Does sharing insights make other people get insights?

@Buba gradually increase time like 2,5 minutes each seassion

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Screenshot_2019-07-21-12-43-15-181_com.despdev.meditationapp.png

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@majd Hailat

On 7/18/2019 at 0:10 AM, majd Hailat said:

I have been meditating for like 4 months, almost every day. I started with 5 to 10 minutes and now I do 20 minutes every day. I'm planning on increasing it. I feel like this is too little based on what I hear from others on this forum, but I find it really difficult to do more than 20 minutes.

One hour is a good goal. While I stand by the whole "relax into reality" thing...this is one thing that you can't relax. You really need to pull out all stops to make sure your doing the practises well and hard. My advice for meditation longer is this; try to really lose yourself in the practises. Whether it be kryia yoga, self enquiry whatever. For example, when I so self enquiry, I find that it goes a lot slower if I'm not putting effort in and keeping the ball rolling. I don't pause during it. And I find this puts me into a sort of trance of momentum. And it goes a lot quicker. Let the all powerful one show you how you can increase your daily times

I meditate lying down most of the time. Is God judging my lazy ass? :D

36 minutes ago, Stenne said:

@How to be wise do still do the work of katie byron

God also told me to stop that.

But I had an interesting experience a few days ago. I decided to do a serious meditation routine. I meditated for 5 hours each day for two days. On the second day, whilst I was at 5 and a half hours, I was contacted by God and was told to stop this nonesense. I won’t get into the details because it’s hard to talk about, but in a nutshell, the meditation sessions killed itself. I stopped after that experience. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Meditation is about surrender, letting go, just being present, allowing what is to be what is, surrendering to the moment. Forget thinking, forget focusing on breath, just sit there, let go and FEEL>.... Just be and feel everything!

Don't feel them with the mind, or get attached to any mental visualizations, simply and truly feel your energy, your presence, your beingness!

B R E A T H E

@Cody_Atzori

On 7/18/2019 at 0:00 AM, Cody_Atzori said:

My record is 50 minutes straight, damn my leg was sore. 

Switch legs or do zazen (walking meditation)

so far I've gone 3 hours and 20 minutes straight, not higher.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Cody_Atzori I use a meditation bench. I found it helped wonders with my back. Legs are a lot better too. A meditation cushion is also really good if you want to sit crosslegged