Cody_Atzori

How long have you meditated for straight?

34 posts in this topic

My record is 50 minutes straight, damn my leg was sore. 

It's not how long you meditate but the quality of it.  Quality over quantity guys.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I remember once I do the Do Nothing for 90 min. It was ok. The sorenes comes in waves and your body get still like a rock. 

3 hours ago, majd Hailat said:

I have been meditating for like 4 months, almost every day. I started with 5 to 10 minutes and now I do 20 minutes every day. I'm planning on increasing it. I feel like this is too little based on what I hear from others on this forum, but I find it really difficult to do more than 20 minutes.

No man, its ok. Star increasing time very little. Maybe +5 min per month I think is fine. 

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not how long you meditate but the quality of it.  Quality over quantity guys.

^

B R E A T H E

How do you guys do long sits without your legs getting numb? Because almost everytime I meditate for 30+ minutes or even less my right leg goes completely numb, I've tried so many positions and it keeps happening. I find it quite easy to meditate, my only problem is the numbness. What's the sollution?

i meditated straight for 30 mins then i became tired and i went a little crooked...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

18 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

How do you guys do long sits without your legs getting numb? Because almost everytime I meditate for 30+ minutes or even less my right leg goes completely numb, I've tried so many positions and it keeps happening. I find it quite easy to meditate, my only problem is the numbness. What's the sollution?

Yoga and similar stretching and daily physical exercise helps. That's why they go hand in hand and meditation is always advised after exercise in which it is most effective as the body needs rest.

B R E A T H E

On 7/18/2019 at 6:36 AM, Good-boy said:

2 hours daily. ?

Good boy is gonna be woke af in no time :x

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

90 minutes highest. I have since stopped meditation and replaced it for yoga though lol 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:09 AM, Cody_Atzori said:

See where you’re cutting your circulation off. If it’s your ankles put the bottoms of your feet together instead of crossing them. Make sure you’re sitting on a cushion made for meditation.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Whole life. 

6 hours. Yeah I know don't blame me. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 18/07/2019 at 1:47 AM, Inliytened1 said:

^ This!

I've have had 50 minute restless and itchy meditations and I've had 20 minute deep and mindful meditations 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Once wanted to go for 9 hours straight and quit after 3 hours...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

Make sure you’re sitting on a cushion made for meditation.

Good idea. 

On 18/07/2019 at 11:09 AM, Cody_Atzori said:

Aha! This is where the do nothing techique gets you. And this is is the point, it's like a metaphor for life. You sit with the numbness until you can no longer bear it (of course risk asses first with positions etc). Shinzen Young claims you won't do any real damage (unless you're sitting for like hours and hours). 

The numbness is resistance to life. 

Let go of the resistance, keep letting go and see what happens. 

@Cody_Atzori I stopped meditating a few months ago. It simply came to an end. God told me to stop meditating.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 hours ago, Preetom said:

Good boy is gonna be woke af in no time :x

Ye. ?