Cody_Atzori

Does Leo no longer meditate?

13 posts in this topic

I feel that Leo has reached levels of consciousness where he doesn't even need to meditate, and all he wants to do is explore consciousness using psychedelics and rasise the consciousness of mankind. Is editation even necessary when life becomes seamlessly meditative & complete and all you want to do is explore DEEPER using psychedelics and so forth?

@Cody_Atzori your true nature is consciousness so wouldn't it make sense to be aligned with Being/pure consciousness by collapsing the perceiver?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Cody_Atzori There is no such thing as a permanent shift into a meditative state where you don't have to meditate anymore. Every mind has a natural tendency to disunify/conflict itself. For getting benefits that meditation gives we have to meditate for the rest of our lives.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Cody_Atzori Actually it is possible. I’m constantly immersed in It. 

I know that sounds cocky but I’m just saying it’s possible and actual

Edited by Synchronicity

@Cody_Atzori @Synchronicity  it's possible but we do not want to deter people from the path.   You have to worry about your own growth not others.  I don't need to meditate at this point but is telling people that are new to the path going to help them? No it's not.    One should only be concerned with their own growth and not others. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It is possible, i speak from direct experience.

Balance is the key.

B R E A T H E

@Cody_Atzori You can get enlightened for good but meditative concentration, unification of the mind, intense joy, love, panoramic awareness are things that have to be constantly maintained through effort and then intention. How do I know? My own experience as well as many other long term meditators experiences 

Always remember that even though śamatha is extraordinary, it’s still a conditioned mental state. When those causes and conditions cease, śamatha dissolves. Even though śamatha persists for longer after Stage Ten, it still starts fading, gradually but continuously, from the moment you get off the cushion. Life events chip away at this refined state of consciousness, and unconscious sub-minds diverge from consensus, creating inner conflict. Other sub-minds in turn react with aversion, and unification starts unraveling. When enough of your “buttons” get pushed at once, śamatha will fail. Even if you’ve just spent three hours in deep jhāna, if something significant enough happens, śamatha disappears altogether.

In an ideal environment, we would always be able to meditate again and return to a state of high unification before śamatha fades. We might succeed in avoiding the kind of events that dis-unify the mind for a long time, perhaps remaining in a continuous state of śamatha for months. But very few readers of this book are likely to find themselves in such ideal conditions. Even those so fortunate can never be sure how long those conditions will last. And everyone eventually finds him- or herself unable to sustain a regular practice due to sickness, old age, or failing mental faculties.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment i concur.  You can be awake and no longer necessarily "need" to meditate to awaken- but one should want to meditate for the reasons you stated xD

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

So there is a limit when taping into infinity? Good to know!