Aaron p

One way to discern authenticity within gurus and teachers

18 posts in this topic

This is a serious video with a few cool insights regarding authenticity and how to tell when a teacher is authentic. This also not the only way one might discern authenticity, but it's still something to legitimately contemplate. 6 mins long, lots of good content, lots to contemplate, give her a watch;

I've been a focused practisioner for 11 months and these are authentically experienced insights of my own. Exploring the highest forms of thinking. ?? 

When the ego feels no need to protect the teachings it will only be bold about it. Boldness is a sign of authenticity. Looking humble enlarges the ego. Being authentic and bold will naturally attract people who will truly be fit for enlightenment.

Drop opinions below

Edited by Aaron p

I think even if you don't give a fuck anymore, its still wise to be kind and gentle because it relaxes the ego that you are trying to teach. Of course some egos need a heavy hand. And so not every teacher is for everyone. I would personally prefer a bit of both. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Is english your first language? I had a hard time understanding your english. 

3 minutes ago, Angelite said:

It's British lol.

Sorry guys it didn't post correctly. Enjoy and drop some opinions down

@Angelite

37 minutes ago, Angelite said:

I'm northern Irish bro

should we really try to recognize authenticity in others? Is it not always going to depend on our own interpretations? Maybe it is wiser to reflect on why we resonate with certain teachers more than others and why see something as more authentic than something else 

@DrewNows

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

should we really try to recognize authenticity in others? Is it not always going to depend on our own interpretations? Maybe it is wiser to reflect on why we resonate with certain teachers more than others and why see something as more authentic than something else 

It's too dangerous to turn it into a "good works" religious group where everyone pretends to be happy. That's how religions easily start

You can't stop religions from forming. It will happen in the natural order of things. Just as resisting the formation of religions. It will all happen naturally, just let it flow as it should. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@DrewNows

It's too dangerous to turn it into a "good works" religious group where everyone pretends to be happy. That's how religions easily start

I see your point. Only the individual knows if they are pretending...what I’m asking is if you can see why someone (meaning you)  could be authentically caring/loving/compassionate, and what value this may hold for others 

48 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I see your point. Only the individual knows if they are pretending...what I’m asking is if you can see why someone (meaning you)  could be authentically caring/loving/compassionate, and what value this may hold for others 

@DrewNows definitely mate. What I'm pointing out is you don't need to be weak and timid to be loving and compassionate. And commonly, the more unrestricted you are the more understanding and loving you are to. Sometimes the biggest, most fierce giant has the biggest heart. That is the true kind. 

Edited by Aaron p

14 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@DrewNows definitely mate. What I'm pointing out is you don't need to be weak and timid to be loving and compassionate. And commonly, the more unrestricted you are the more understanding and loving you are to. Sometimes the biggest, most fierce giant has the biggest heart. That is the true kind. 

Exactly. Love is needless and undefinable 

25 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Exactly. Love is needless and undefinable 

@DrewNows ?

@Aaron p Great vid there mate. I feel that everyone falls into that trap when starting spirituality. However, religion/cults form from blind beliefs, misinterpretation and misunderstanding of insights/understanding of someone who had/has these insights/understanding. I don't really imagine pretending to be nice, happy and kind can start a religion as these are all, if faked, unsustainable. Although you might be right.?

You say enlightened masters don't give a fuck, meaning they aren't fabricating anything in their experience. That doesn't mean that they somehow do not give a fuck about your feelings or anything in general. This wouldn't really make sense. Your personality is what doesn't give a fuck about anything else but itself.

And Aaron, how do you know that Sadhguru is enlightened?

This is where sadhguru talks about the aghori, one sect within Hinduism, who express zero regard for morality or good works and yet are devoted to finding the self

Well sure. All morals and good works is is social conditioning. It's not fundamental. Personality types has nothing to do with enlightenment.

@karkaore

On 7/19/2019 at 11:20 PM, karkaore said:

Well sure. All morals and good works is is social conditioning. It's not fundamental. Personality types has nothing to do with enlightenment.

Not only that my friend, religious "good works" schemes are Satanic! It's the ego's attempt to reach God! By measuring himself using "good and evil." Notice, what was the name of the tree in the garden of Eden that Adam and Eve ate from that condemned humanity? Look it up. There were 2 trees. 

Trying to be like God via "good and evil" is what separated humanity from God in the first place. Religion is Satan's distraction and perversion. Do not include any kind of positive or negative morality within your spirituality.