Bryanbrax

Rick and Morty

26 posts in this topic

Do you think rick sanchez is enlightened , what stage of spiral dynamics would he be.

Rick as a character is stuck in deep orange, locked in the materialist paradigm.

The show in general has a blind bias toward rationality, science, and atheism.

It tries to explore nihilism without going full circle, painting a bleak, partial picture of the universe.

It's entertaining to watch, and certainly thought provoking, but I wouldn't take any of it seriously at all.

Nor are any of the themes within it comparable to spirituality whatsoever.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

Rend covered it pretty nicely. However there is an episode that basically explains a DMT trip in a nutshell. When Rick puts that machine on Morty's head and he lives his whole life until he dies as an old man in a library falling off the ladder then GAME-OVER appears in the field of view and he wakes up from the dream-physical reality :D

B R E A T H E

You are imagining Rick. Wake up!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He is a stage Orange rationalist on 50 grams of mushrooms. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 hours ago, pluto said:

Rend covered it pretty nicely. However there is an episode that basically explains a DMT trip in a nutshell. When Rick puts that machine on Morty's head and he lives his whole life until he dies as an old man in a library falling off the ladder then GAME-OVER appears in the field of view and he wakes up from the dream-physical reality :D

@pluto oh man that life machine scene was deep!

i also liked the episode "Total Rickall" it gives you the idea that you have no idea if your memories are true, you're imagining all of it, in the episode's case their memories were overridden :)

Love that show so much

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Bryanbrax Careful not to get seduced by pretty pixels on a screen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Something about Rick and Morty rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's how it's essentially stage Orange propaganda, maybe it's how it rubs off a very nihilistic and violent worldview onto its audience. Either way, I can't see much spiritual benefit in watching it.

Edited by Apparation of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

All you guys saying that Rick and Morty is stage orange propaganda and not worth your time.... You're not getting it! Honestly, you have to have a really high IQ to understand it, so probably 99% of it falls on deaf EyeHoles™️.

The show itself isn't stage orange propaganda, it's a brilliant character piece on someone who views the world that way. Do you see the difference? Also realize that this show was made because of infinite love. 

@Leo Gura You'd love this show. Also it'd be great to watch Avatar the Last Airbender while you're at it. :P Go ahead and say it'd be a waste of time... Hahaha! You can't

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 7/17/2019 at 0:51 AM, RendHeaven said:

Rick as a character is stuck in deep orange, locked in the materialist paradigm.

The show in general has a blind bias toward rationality, science, and atheism.

It tries to explore nihilism without going full circle, painting a bleak, partial picture of the universe.

It's entertaining to watch, and certainly thought provoking, but I wouldn't take any of it seriously at all.

Nor are any of the themes within it comparable to spirituality whatsoever.

Definitely a lot of orange ideas, but there are hints of higher stage ideas. Anybody remember the wormhole episode? 

The creators definitely aren't ignorant of many eastern depictions of enlightenment and psychedelic imagery.

19 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Definitely a lot of orange ideas, but there are hints of higher stage ideas. Anybody remember the wormhole episode? 

The creators definitely aren't ignorant of many eastern depictions of enlightenment and psychedelic imagery.

I recall this, yes.

In my opinion, it's a gross bastardization of spirituality though.

Even though they stepped out of the rationalist stage orange paradigm for 1 minute, they undermined the whole thing by having Rick shoot the guy and learn nothing from the experience.

They essentially dismissed it as hallucination and used the "union of souls" as a means to make rick's killing funnier.

Not that any of it matters. Like Leo says, don't get seduced ;)

It's Love.

6 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Even though they stepped out of the rationalist stage orange paradigm for 1 minute, they undermined the whole thing by having Rick shoot the guy and learn nothing from the experience.

They essentially dismissed it as hallucination and used the "union of souls" as a means to make rick's killing funnier.

Not that any of it matters. Like Leo says, don't get seduced

Yes, which is funny because I had the same dismissive tactic just 2-3 years ago.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

Even though they stepped out of the rationalist stage orange paradigm for 1 minute, they undermined the whole thing by having Rick shoot the guy and learn nothing from the experience

Yes, but would any other action that Rick could take make sense? No. Just because Rick didn't "learn anything" doesn't mean the creators of the show dismiss it (if they did, it wouldn't be in there at all). Remember that this show is like a character piece on Rick, any action he takes is not indicative of the level of consciousness of the show or its creators. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

36 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Yes, but would any other action that Rick could take make sense? No. Just because Rick didn't "learn anything" doesn't mean the creators of the show dismiss it (if they did, it wouldn't be in there at all). Remember that this show is like a character piece on Rick, any action he takes is not indicative of the level of consciousness of the show or its creators. 

I really like your points. Definitely true too. 

Anyone else notice the Merkaba ;)

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@Leo Gura I don't think they got seduced, this is a new promo image for season 4 - they probably saw it and thought something like, "New season, image looks like enlightenment, see Rick in image, wonder what stage he's at?"

"Image looks like enlightenment?"

It's Love.

Well from reading this I'm probably not going to bother with the show because even if its creators are awakened or highly conscious - if they are portraying a character that isn't then it's probably not worth my time.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.