Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beginner Mind

Deep insights from Cannabis?

21 posts in this topic

I'm interested in trying psychedelics but I have no idea how to go about obtaining them...  Cannabis, however, is now legal here in Canada so obtaining some of that is not a problem.  Has anyone here had any God realization or deep metaphysical insights from cannabis?

It depends on how cannabis resonates with your mind-body at this stage in your life. It may lead to deep insights, it may lead to the giggles and munchies or it may lead to anxiety attacks. 

I would recommend setting an intention and combining it with meditation, self-inquiry and/or kriya/yin yoga and see how it vibrates with you. Edibles can give a quasi-psychedelic experience, so you may want to try those. As well, be mindful that cannabis can be habit forming for some people. 

13 minutes ago, Nic Terpstra said:

I’ve been smoking everyday for about a year maybe and I’ve had a few fucked up moments I can’t explain. Idk if I just got too high or what. One time I took a fat dab rip and started thinking about reality and then BANG something just hit me and I thought I went fucking insane. Shit was scary 

Yikes.  Sounds like you might've smoked too much.

12 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It depends on how cannabis resonates with your mind-body at this stage in your life. It may lead to deep insights, it may lead to the giggles and munchies or it may lead to anxiety attacks. 

I would recommend setting an intention and combining it with meditation, self-inquiry and/or kriya/yin yoga and see how it vibrates with you. Edibles can give a quasi-psychedelic experience, so you may want to try those. As well, be mindful that cannabis can be habit forming for some people. 

In the past I've mostly just experienced a lot of thinking and some paranoia.  Setting an intention combined with spiritual practice could be helpful.  I'll have to try that.

@Serotoninluv Nature is nice but I feel like I'd want to be as far away from other human beings as possible when I'm high.  As it may spark some paranoia.

@Beginner Mind Yes, I go deep enough into nature in which it’s rare to see another person. Yet, that isn’t easily accessible for everyone.

@Beginner Mind I have used cannabis very effectively for spiritual growth.

Go sit outside (on a deck, etc) without any music, conversation, etc. Just silence. Silence your mind and be fully present with natures beauty. Smoke and contemplate. You will get a lot of growth that way.

i find it helps me understand personal development and leo's teachings especially after a long break. For me it resonates extremely well as i have allot of experience with it and whilst you are high the insights feel profound but i have trouble remembering exactly what was so profound. Its helps me i just need to control myself with it because its very enticing 

I depends on your own spiritual development, you can most definitely have a god-realization(assuming you mean non-dual experience with cannabis? i have many times before but it is quite rare compared to mushrooms and stronger psychedelics especially with more frequent use.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

23 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

I'm interested in trying psychedelics but I have no idea how to go about obtaining them...  Cannabis, however, is now legal here in Canada so obtaining some of that is not a problem.  Has anyone here had any God realization or deep metaphysical insights from cannabis?

Several, countless. Weed has helped me reach God-realization but with spiritual work along with it. Weed is a blessing to me because it helps me realize that I am God among other things.

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I just bought some capsules.  I'm hoping ingesting will give me a deeper experience than smoking.

The first time I smoked weed and it "really hit me" I got so high that to this day have never been able to get to that level. I nearly lost my vision at first, and I felt such a deep feeling of spirituality, I would say that experience changed my life more than anything else. I got higher then than my 2.7g mushroom trip and it triggered a chain of events that led me to question everything I know about reality and break my mind free from the cult-religion I grew up in. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

So I took some cannabis capsules and started watching some Rupert Spira videos, and it occurred to me that whatever I am, it has remained the same since childhood.  Thoughts change, feelings change, but Awareness never changes.  And Awareness watches everything unfold, every thought, every feeling, every perception.  A feeling of boredom is not a problem for Awareness.  A feeling of boredom is perfect just as it is.

I don't know if I realized myself to be Awareness or not, or if I was just intellectualizing everything, but even if it was just intellectualizing and nothing more to it, it's pretty amazing what these substances can do to elevate your thinking.

Most of the time, I get a great laugh after smoking weed, and I feel very relaxed. Has it brought me psychedelics? No, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did to someone else. Every human being's body reacts differently to this stuff, and it doesn't really matter if you use weed or kratom, if you order it online or you buy kratom locally. I guess the amount of how much you use it matters too, although I believe that if it's your first time and you smoke too much weed, you'll probably end up just feeling sick, not wanting anymore the psychedelic stuff.

Edited by Kattedjiron

On 16/07/2019 at 7:05 PM, Beginner Mind said:

I'm interested in trying psychedelics but I have no idea how to go about obtaining them...  Cannabis, however, is now legal here in Canada so obtaining some of that is not a problem.

Well, cannabis sure ain't as much psychedelic to me than "LSD" used to be a few decades ago;  one being just like opening a door leading to stairways, while the other worked the same as an escalator, more or less:  as in having to choose between some fair amount of concious effort vs a push-button alternative...  A bit reminescent of music, e.g. there's the type which practically involves a notion of "work" i'd say, then other types rather evoking various moods and ambiances.

Anyway, i do reside on canuck land myself, by the way.

So, everytime there's an opportunity as this i surrender to the temptation to resurface and repeat the same arguments again.  Today lets simply skip the long writing session if you'll allow me:

Most of my favourite topics must be there already, starting with "vilification" vectors, for example:

• Consumption profile may reflect method & ritual...
  • Only extreme THC:CBD ratios are available, legal or otherwise!
  • Mis-guided 3rd-party interference causes socio-toxic industrialization.

The usual "ADDICTION" complains rarely account for such external factors.  Either the substance is evil, often enough the individual has his humanity diminished and/or both.  Actually in my province the alcohol/cannabis contrast never been so shocking since Trudeau's "Légaleezation" if you ask me!

Anyway i doubt you'll benefit from a vilification-free initiation, so keep it in mind when tolerance issues make you think of "T-Breaks"...  Typically to renew an experience which looses its freshness while the path to systematic abuse is slowly (but surely) paved.

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Edited by Egzoset

Here's my trip report with cannabis (Blue dream) from last night:

Edited by Delis