Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nivsch

When you feel you know the best - you will be MORE anxious

10 posts in this topic

I think i just realized, that everytime I feel that the truth is the fullest on my side and the other side in the argument is surely wrong (or knows less) and this feeling is maintained for a while - 0.5 hour/ 1 hour / more - I will feel less mental stability and more anxiety.

No matter what the content of the argument is - may be the most positive topic. Its absolutely No depends on the content.

It just my experience that I accumulated. Thats how i feel it works on me.

The reason in my opinion is that it makes you feel above others >> it isolates you psychologically from others >> it makes you feel more alone >> less protected >> triggered survivle biological mechanisms.

Precisely when other people make you realize you are NOT right (or right only partially and they 50% right too) it makes you feel more "normal", more grounded and more stable and calm!

What do you think? Do you feel it too?

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Well I guess you will feel more anxious for the next hour or so... j/k.

Yeah this sounds right though.  It seems way easier on the mind to be open minded and try to at least take something from their side of view.  Also, arguing in general is a strain.

Yeah I went to a workshop recently and they were discussing this. arguing doesn't allow for connection, love or healthiness  

@Nivsch Great realization. What would happen if you let go of your points of view? It's a fantastic experiment.

unborn Truth

I have read over 200 self development books and I am not trying to sound egoistic here.

Yes I do understand what it feels to know SO MUCH. You feel you know SO MUCH and then you become anxious because you did not accomplish as much.

But don't be judgemental. Let go and practice meditation. We are all growing.

14 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

Yeah I went to a workshop recently and they were discussing this. arguing doesn't allow for connection, love or healthiness  

Exactly

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

18 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Well I guess you will feel more anxious for the next hour or so... j/k.

Yeah this sounds right though.  It seems way easier on the mind to be open minded and try to at least take something from their side of view.  Also, arguing in general is a strain.

I feel that in the default position our mind wants to be the right one, and taking the other side point of view is more difficult. Because our mind wants to survive and if you are anxious you will have more chances to survive (cause the deep subconsious brain is wired to jungle life).

Edited by Nivsch

8 hours ago, hyruga said:

I have read over 200 self development books and I am not trying to sound egoistic here.

Yes I do understand what it feels to know SO MUCH. You feel you know SO MUCH and then you become anxious because you did not accomplish as much.

But don't be judgemental. Let go and practice meditation. We are all growing.

There are infinitely amout of things you can know, your knowing is as far away from Infinity as not knowing anything.

On 17.7.2019 at 0:56 AM, ajasatya said:

@Nivsch Great realization. What would happen if you let go of your points of view? It's a fantastic experiment.

Yes, I will try to do this sometimes - when its not a very deep value (that ill be able to let it go in the argument) but still not so easy to let go.

Edited by Nivsch